PDA

View Full Version : Noveske Stripped Lowers Available at DSG Arms

Fitzghan
05-19-11, 12:36
Friends,

I know these are difficult to find. DSG has always been very good to me and Mark just let me know they have these in stock. I picked up two which leaves 23 left at this posting. 159 bucks or 129 if you are MIL/LE. Good Hunting.

http://dsgarms.com/ProductInfo/NVN4-CLOWER.aspx

Kuro Ookami
05-19-11, 13:52
Sucks they can't ship to CA..

ReaperAZ
05-19-11, 14:11
Thanks for the heads up.

cgcorrea
05-19-11, 14:40
Thanks. Good lookin' out. I will definately be picking one up.

Alex V
05-19-11, 17:02

wont ship to NJ either... I never understood why some retailers wont... I got my Noveske Lower from Raineir, they had no problem shipping to NJ. Sucks, cause I would have bought one...

Fire_Medic
05-19-11, 17:16
Thanks for the heads up, have an email in to them......:jester:

FromMyColdDeadHand
05-19-11, 17:23
Must... be.... strong.... and wait.... for .....flared ....lower....

Fire_Medic
05-19-11, 17:36
Got my order in for one.

Just an FYI for everyone, I called Noveske to ask what a "C" lower is, and I was told it's not a blemished lower but old stock with older style engraving, but that it will function 100% and has no issues.

zenghost
05-19-11, 17:39
Got one at LE price. Thanks for the heads up!

richdkim77
05-19-11, 17:40

I have the same dilema. I have 2 Noveske Uppers waiting for flared lowers... but I'm not sure I want to pay twice as much as these lowers.

djegators
05-19-11, 18:28
Ok stupid question:

What is a "C" lower and how is this different than say a stripped lower bought at G&R or Rainier which cost $220?

Are these blems from DSG?

Well, it does not say that they are seconds, and one of the reviews say it is not, but I am almost positive that they are. But then again, what is a blem in Noveske's eyes is probably better than most other guy's firsts.

Fire_Medic
05-19-11, 18:29
Well, it does not say that they are seconds, and one of the reviews say it is not, but I am almost positive that they are. But then again, what is a blem in Noveske's eyes is probably better than most other guy's firsts.

Yeah I ended up just calling Noveske and I edited my post above, it's old stock with older style engraving.

VLODPG
05-19-11, 18:48
"Firearm Sales & Restrictions: This item cannot be sold to the following states: CA, CT, MA, NY, and NJ."

Thats why I won't spend a 1¢ with them.
The item is legal in CT but they can't/won't make the effort to sell to us!
Same thing with Buds Guns!

cj5_dude
05-19-11, 19:24
Regardless of their sales choices......I have made multiple high dollar purchases with DSG Arms and am so supremely impressed with them that I will only order from someone else if DSG doesn't stock the item. They're always my first go to.

Alex V
05-19-11, 21:31
"Firearm Sales & Restrictions: This item cannot be sold to the following states: CA, CT, MA, NY, and NJ."

Thats why I won't spend a 1¢ with them.
The item is legal in CT but they can't/won't make the effort to sell to us!
Same thing with Buds Guns!

Noveske won't ship a lower to NJ either. When they had those "Free 2nd Lower with Upper" Sales they always had a disclaimer that was similar to DSG. No go to NJ, CT, MA, and CA... no clue why... Never asked. Just did not order the upper from them and built my own instead.

Really sucks, cause I would buy the lower from DSG in a heartbeat... :mad:

SomeOtherGuy
05-19-11, 21:50
Noveske won't ship a lower to NJ either. When they had those "Free 2nd Lower with Upper" Sales they always had a disclaimer that was similar to DSG. No go to NJ, CT, MA, and CA... no clue why... Never asked. Just did not order the upper from them and built my own instead.

Probably because those states are rabidly anti-gun and insanely litigious, and voluntarily shipping your product there gives them jurisdiction to sue you locally. I think it's a wise business decision for them, even if it cuts sales a bit and bothers potential buyers in those states. Losing 3-5% of sales is probably better than taking the risk of being put out of business and losing even personal assets if one of those state AGs gets a bug up their ass to go after them.

I won't repeat the trite advice to move, since most of us (including me) choose what state to live in based on factors completely unrelated to what firearms you can legally own, but if it's a big enough factor for you maybe you could try a commute from PA, NH or RI depending where your job is.

cgcorrea
05-20-11, 08:07
Picked one up from DSG yesterday. Can't beat their pricing. It's a hell of a deal IMO. I have two others and they are very good quality.

J-Dub
05-20-11, 08:08
Just ordered one over the phone (ya thats right i called at exactly 8 o'clock)

They only have about 6 left....better hurry!!!!

usmcvet
05-20-11, 09:11
http://m4carbine.net/picture.php?albumid=387&pictureid=1996

:D

Got mine the other day. I ordered it a few months ago along with some LMT H buffers for like $16 each, good price there too. It showed up the otherday and I was charged nothing for shipping. Awesome guys, great price!

usmcvet
05-20-11, 09:37
My plan is to SBR this lower through Noveske's SBR program. I think it will be an 8" Noveske 300AAC.

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=69631

http://www.noveskerifleworks.com/sbr_program/

cgcorrea
05-20-11, 09:51
http://m4carbine.net/picture.php?albumid=387&pictureid=1996

:D

Got mine the other day. I ordered it a few months ago along with some LMT H buffers for like $16 each, good price there too. It showed up the otherday and I was charged nothing for shipping. Awesome guys, great price!

I noticed your lower has the "5.56mm" marking on it. The ones that I have that are of later series' don't have that. Do you know what the reasoning was for why they stopped putting that marking on there?

Todd.K
05-20-11, 10:04
The caliber must be on the receiver, frame, or barrel. It makes more sense to use the caliber marking that is already on our barrel than making different lowers for all the calibers we sell.

cgcorrea
05-20-11, 10:08
The caliber must be on the receiver, frame, or barrel. It makes more sense to use the caliber marking that is already on our barrel than making different lowers for all the calibers we sell.

Gotcha. Thank you sir.

b_k
05-20-11, 11:18

Pretty ironic for being made in CA.

J Krammes
05-20-11, 11:19

No kidding... Any clue as to when or how much they might be?

I picked up a seconds lower a while ago, and I'll be damned if I can find anything wrong with it.

Jeremy

Icculus
05-20-11, 13:39
Pretty ironic for being made in CA.

Huh? Noveske is in Oregon

Mauser KAR98K
05-20-11, 13:52
Hopefully they will have more. Bought some PMags from them a while ago. Great prices.

BCmJUnKie
05-20-11, 14:01
Just ordered one over the phone (ya thats right i called at exactly 8 o'clock)

They only have about 6 left....better hurry!!!!

Lol I ordered mine around 8am Tuesday morning, Mark said there was 6 left, Lol He says "Ill write you up for all 6 right now!"

b_k
05-20-11, 14:28

I don't know if ALL of their forged lowers are made in once place, but there is a shop in CA that does cut forged lowers for Noveske...

I don't have a link for you, but it is a fact, I've spent a lot of time in their shop and watched Noveske and Spike's lowers come out of the CNC machines.

They're very good quality lowers. (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=3963477&postcount=10)

m249saw
05-20-11, 15:40
Sweet just ordered one. Couldnt pass up the lower price with the dealer program. :D

m249saw
05-20-11, 15:47
Oh and 2 left :jester:

Fire_Medic
05-20-11, 17:35
My plan is to SBR this lower through Noveske's SBR program.

Same here for me. I do not think you will be able to register this lower for the 300 BLK though since it's marked 5.56

Fitzghan
05-20-11, 17:35
This is awesome. I told Mark that if I posted on M4carbine they'd probably sell out in about 10 mins. I'm suprised there are any left. I went through the pain of looking for one for months myself. Good to help out a company who has treated me so well and fellow shooters from whom I have learned so much from lurking around the site all these years.

usmcvet
05-20-11, 17:41
Same here for me. I do not think you will be able to register this lower for the 300 BLK though since it's marked 5.56

I don't think it will be an issue but that is a good question. Hopefully Todd can square us away. I do have a lower marked multi and I know some are not marked at all. None of the S&W guns ive seen hqve. Been marked on the lower. I could be wrong but I don't think uncle ATF is as concerned with caliber as the bbl length. I also have a spare 5.56 upper that will ride on it from time to time.

Bowser
05-20-11, 17:43

I think he means that Kaiser was doing cuts for Noveske at one point or another. I think the "E" prefix receivers, but I'm not sure. Kaiser Works is in CA.

Todd.K
05-20-11, 17:49
The caliber must be on the receiver, frame, or barrel. 300 BLK will be marked on the barrel, the 5.56 on the lower is fine.

Fire_Medic
05-20-11, 17:56
The caliber must be on the receiver, frame, or barrel. 300 BLK will be marked on the barrel, the 5.56 on the lower is fine.

Thanks for clearing that up Todd

usmcvet
05-20-11, 21:08
Thanks Todd. Now just to save some pennies up!

ThirdWatcher
05-22-11, 01:22
Thank you for the heads up. I now have one en route at the LE price. FWIW, I too have always been treated very well by DSG Arms.

E98T
05-22-11, 02:57
Screw DSG Arms! You are either with us or against us!

fdxpilot
05-22-11, 03:15

All 3 of my 6.8SPC Rifles have been on lowers marked 5.56. The barrels were marked with the actual caliber, as mentioned above.

Also, I'm not sure about your locale, but I have never had to register an AR yet.

usmcvet
05-22-11, 09:35

Because they won't sell to CA?

Fire_Medic
05-22-11, 10:06
All 3 of my 6.8SPC Rifles have been on lowers marked 5.56. The barrels were marked with the actual caliber, as mentioned above.

Also, I'm not sure about your locale, but I have never had to register an AR yet.

By register I meant for NFA because USMCVET and I were discussing an SBR in particular. I do not know of anywhere in the US where you can have an SBR without a tax stamp, unless it's a registered machine gun...

Facejackets
05-22-11, 10:15
All of you jerks owe me an apology. You guys got my hopes up, and Friday I got a bonus. Too bad my bank didn't clear the damn funds until Saturday!

Damn Damn Damn!

smschulz
05-22-11, 10:18

Fix your state.

m249saw
05-22-11, 10:53
Fix your state.

This. 45 other states have gun laws that aren't such nonsense.

usmcvet
05-22-11, 14:37
All of you jerks owe me an apology. You guys got my hopes up, and Friday I got a bonus. Too bad my bank didn't clear the damn funds until Saturday!

Damn Damn Damn!

Check their website. When I ordered it was out of stock but their site said it was good to go. It was less than a two month wait which was fine with me because I need to save for a Noveske upper. I've got all the lower parts.

tradja
05-22-11, 16:27
Check their website. When I ordered it was out of stock but their site said it was good to go. It was less than a two month wait which was fine with me because I need to save for a Noveske upper.
I checked the DSG site but I don't see where the wait time is specified. Where am I missing it?

usmcvet
05-22-11, 16:38
There was no time specified I clicked and added it to my cart. I waited less than two months it was more like 4-5 weeks but I don't remember. I wanted a Noveske lower and had time to wait. Its going to be a third SBR. I'm not in a rush and I need to save up for the 300 upper. Shoot them an email or call them. They've been great when I've had questions.

It will let you add it to your cart. They actually called me prior to charging my credit card to make sure I still wanted it.

tradja
05-22-11, 18:28
There was no time specified I clicked and added it to my cart. I waited less than two months it was more like 4-5 weeks but I don't remember. I wanted a Noveske lower and had time to wait. Its going to be a third SBR. I'm not in a rush and I need to save up for the 300 upper. Shoot them an email or call them. They've been great when I've had questions.

It will let you add it to your cart. They actually called me prior to charging my credit card to make sure I still wanted it.
Ah, now I understand. Thanks for clarifying.

Blowby
05-22-11, 21:01
Good thing I jumped when I read this post! Thanks! It's in process, then off to my FFL.