PDA

View Full Version : dublin AK systems

bigghoss
05-19-11, 20:43
thought some of you might like to see this. I was checking out thefirearmblog.com and came across a post about their AK bump safe. seems like a neat idea although based on the other vid I saw they might be over-emphasizing the usefulness of it. do like that they added a BHO notch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgfsW_fQdbY

I also saw they came up with a new version of their ratchet charging system that looks a lot less hokey than their first design but I'm still weary of things that mess with a proven design, especially when it's not even really a shortcoming. NTM you can't use an upper hand-guard with it which is where a lot of guys mount their optics and other things.

http://www.dublinaksystems.com

they seem like good ideas on paper but they don't look like they are as good in reality. What do ya'll think?

TOrrock
05-19-11, 21:14
When you start seriously ****ing around with the manual of arms, that's when I throw up a red flag.

frozentundra
05-19-11, 22:53
While I don't see these particular items going anywhere, it is cool to see more attention payed to the AK platform. I like the idea that Dublin, as well as other small companies are trying to bring new products to market. TWS and RS Regulate come to mind.
Also US Palm/Tango Down, MI, Krebs and such. The ultimak works. It gives me high hopes for continued advancement and more options to tweak the AK.
Dublin might not have hit a home run yet, but maybe his next idea might be a great one.

TOrrock
05-19-11, 23:03
While I don't see these particular items going anywhere, it is cool to see more attention payed to the AK platform. I like the idea that Dublin, as well as other small companies are trying to bring new products to market. TWS and RS Regulate come to mind.
Also US Palm/Tango Down, MI, Krebs and such. The ultimak works. It gives me high hopes for continued advancement and more options to tweak the AK.
Dublin might not have hit a home run yet, but maybe his next idea might be a great one.

Can't argue there.

bigghoss
05-20-11, 12:02
When you start seriously ****ing around with the manual of arms, that's when I throw up a red flag.

I hear that. tweaking is one thing, like adding rails for optics and useful accessories. or even the krebs/blackjack updated safety levers. but now you're fiddling with critical components of a proven platform and you have to re-learn everything about the gun for very little, if any, gain. I'd like to see these guys run their products next to someone with an un-modded AK who is well-versed in it's use. it reminds me of all the guys who try to turn their SKS into a pseudo AK.

like I said. sounds good on paper. forward left-side non-reciprocating charging handle-people like those. but if it ain't broke... and then the safety. simply getting a firing grip on the weapon bumps the safety off, quick and easy for when you need it in a hurry. then again simply grabbing the pistol grip bumps the safety off. quick and easy for when you don't mean to. sounds like a viral-video waiting to happen. these guys might just be able to come up with some good stuff if they keep at it. or at the very least it'll get more people looking at the AK and someone else will come up with the next big thing.

HK51Fan
05-24-11, 00:41
We're Americans, and this is what we do. We improve on stuff. Looks like he's trying to build a better mousetrap. Hat's off to him.

I would like to see him running through full 30rd mags instead of 4 and 5drs each. I'd like to see how it handles after 100-200 rds!

bigghoss
05-24-11, 03:55
We're Americans, and this is what we do. We improve on stuff. Looks like he's trying to build a better mousetrap. Hat's off to him.

I would like to see him running through full 30rd mags instead of 4 and 5drs each. I'd like to see how it handles after 100-200 rds!

Yeah. I never seem to be able to leave well-enough alone either. They oughta out fit 2 or 3 guns and loan 'em out at a class or something.