PDA

View Full Version : What upper to buy?

zooroadbaja
05-19-11, 22:22
I don't know what upper to go with. I keep going back and forth. I need help on making my decision. I'm down to either a Centurion Arms Recce w/VIS, Noveske Afghan w/VIS or a KAC SR-15 E3? It'll be going on my POF Billet Lower. Any pros and cons? I'm leaning towards a VIS upper since it'll look cleaner on the lower, but I can't rule out the KAC to that.

If you selected other let me know what you're thinking.

Pappabear
05-20-11, 00:56
I put a 10 inch VIS with a Noveske SS 11.5. Tipped it off with BComp.
Very nice. I will be interested to see how that SS barrel holds up. I expect great. How do you go wrong with KAC, you cant.

Mr. Biggles
05-20-11, 03:31
I say, go with a Noveske VIS upper. It's top quality, and like the OP stated, it's a much cleaner look, and will mate with your lower very nicely. Although, the VIS uppers will be the costly of the bunch.

Good luck with your purchase, and post some pictures afterwards!

NongShim
05-20-11, 03:42
That Afghan/VIS combo is night, but feels heavier than it should. As in, your eye sees it, and thinks it will weigh a certain amount, then you pick it up, and you're surprised. It's great, but heavy.

I'd go KAC simply because it feels more balanced, in my ultra calibrated hands.

MistWolf
05-20-11, 05:47
Ya might want to check out the stickies at the top of the different forums and use the orange search button at the top. The information will help you know what you should be looking for in an upper.

It would help if your question was more specific. Are you looking for a stripped upper? A complete upper? What role is the complete rifle to fulfill? It's useless to try to answer your questions until then

wingo
05-20-11, 07:57
you should probably go with the Afghan.:ph34r:

Iraqgunz
05-20-11, 16:42
I agree that using the search button would be more beneficial. These topics have been covered ad nauseum.