PDA

View Full Version : ***WINNERS ANNOUNCED*** Aimpoint T-1 & Mount -- Raffle for JOHNO

SHIVAN
05-19-11, 22:23
***WINNERS ANNOUNCED***

A. Maldanado #25 - Aimpoint T-1 & Aimpoint T-1 mount
J. Morehouse #158 - Redback One Voucher

See John Odom and Sherry's story here: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=79874

M4Carbine.net Staff and Mods wanted to maximize the leverage of our community support by offering a 1:250 chance at winning an Aimpoint T-1 with Aimpoint T-1 mount. All proceeds from the raffle will be given to John Odom and his wife, in this, their time of need.

By sending in $10.00 you will buy a e-ticket number. The winning number will be randomly generated when 250 entrants are received. The number you receive will be 001 through 250.

Grey Group Training has provided a method for us to finish the raffle, buy your e-tickets here: Grey Group Site - Raffle Ticket (http://stores.greygrouptraining.com/-strse-3818/M4-CARBINE.NET-RAFFLE-TICKET/Detail.bok)

Thank you all sincerely!!!!

Good luck!!

Update 6-7-11 !NEW PRIZE ADDED! - now TWO winning numbers will be drawn!

A new prize in addition to the T-1 has been added to the raffle:

http://i846.photobucket.com/albums/ab25/greygroupcommunity/NewRedbackOnelogo2.jpg

In support of this raffle, Redback One (http://www.redbackone.com/) is graciously providing an RB1 gift certificate good for any RB1 one or two-day open enrollment class (a $400-$450 value) to another raffle winner.

The only restriction is that the course selected by the winner is suitable based on skill level. The gift certificate is transferable, so if the winner cannot make use of it, he can sell it.

A big THANK YOU to Redback One for their generous support of the M4C community!

kmrtnsn
05-19-11, 23:05
Done; sent. My best to John and family.

SHIVAN
05-19-11, 23:12
Done; sent. My best to John and family.

Thank you so very much. We appreciate it greatly. So will John and his wife.

SeriousStudent
05-19-11, 23:18
I'm in.

TOrrock
05-19-11, 23:23
I talked with John last week. He's in for a rough time for a while. Both legs were broken, one was crushed and will require multiple surgeries to stabilize and heal.

They won't let him put any weight on his legs for at least a couple months.

His wife lost her leg below the knee.

John's young son Will is staying with relatives, and visiting his parents in separate medical facilities as he can. He's a strong young man, but it's still very hard on the whole family.

This will be a very long road to recovery for both John and Sherry, anything we can do to help is greatly appreciated.

SeriousStudent
05-19-11, 23:23
I just bought two tickets.

Note to the mods/staff. I added my M4C screen name in the comments field. I am familiar with Paypal's open hatred of anything firearms related. So it might be wise to be pretty discreet about the raffle in the comments, and just include a screen name, and not mention this website or such.

I'd hate to see a terrific, helpful thing get messed up by some goofy Paypal foolishness.

Again, best wishes and prayers that John and his wife heal swiftly.

CoryCop25
05-19-11, 23:29
As a motorcycle rider and a police officer, this situation makes me cringe! I have seen several motorcycle crashes, some fatal, more last summer than in my entire 13 year career. I wish John and his wife a quick recovery and I hope the a**wipe that hit them rots in prison. Donation sent.

Edit: I forgot to add my screen name. PayPal e-mail address is PaFiveo93@aol.com.

m1a_scoutguy
05-20-11, 00:33
Hang in there guys,,hope it all comes together well for you !! God Bless ya & hope the $$$ can help some !!! :) :)

kaltesherz
05-20-11, 01:56
Done, glad to help and hope for a speedy recovery.

That DD on the other hand, god willing he/she is being forcibly sodomized as I type...

Quiet-Matt
05-20-11, 05:01
Done. Best wishes to John and his wife.

TOrrock
05-20-11, 07:06
I'll be talking with John later on today. As I've said, he can't put any load on his legs, so he's confined to a bed, or if he goes anywhere, he's in traction.

Here's John and Sherry enjoying a ride a few days before they were run down.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/Tim_Orrock/JohnandSherry.jpg

John and Sherry, and their son Will, who's handling having both parents torn up like a trooper.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/Tim_Orrock/JohnSherryWill.jpg

orionz06
05-20-11, 07:35
Done.

sammage
05-20-11, 08:51
Done.

C4IGrant
05-20-11, 09:37
Done.

C4

kdcgrohl
05-20-11, 10:09
Done.

Skyyr
05-20-11, 11:16
Done. Forgot to include my M4C name, don't know if it's needed.

Icculus
05-20-11, 11:18
Payment and prayers sent

Lnxgeek
05-20-11, 12:17
Done.

AZ-Renegade
05-20-11, 14:20
Done. They will be in our prayers.

chadbag
05-20-11, 14:46
Done.

I put my screen name and a bogus "gift" type message of congratulations.

SHIVAN
05-20-11, 15:10
If you have sent funds for an e-ticket, and have not gotten an email response with your numbers, please let me know via PM.

I have sent replies to all paypal addresses from which I have received funds as of 16:10 20MAY.

Thanks to all!!!

Scoby
05-20-11, 18:06
I'm in.

I wish that family all the best.

buzz_knox
05-20-11, 19:27
You've got e-mail and John's got money. I hope it was okay to get multiple tickets with one lump sum.

SecretNY
05-20-11, 19:40
Done. Prayers out to the family.

Fire_Medic
05-20-11, 20:59
Done. I'm in. My best wishes to them both for a speedy recovery from a fellow rider.

SHIVAN
05-20-11, 22:12
You've got e-mail and John's got money. I hope it was okay to get multiple tickets with one lump sum.

Absolutely Ok. Obviously there is probably a diminishing return for odds versus cost but $20-$200+ will be entered as individual e-ticket slots.

Thanks.

mvician
05-20-11, 22:23
sent.

buzz_knox
05-21-11, 11:19
Absolutely Ok. Obviously there is probably a diminishing return for odds versus cost but $20-$200+ will be entered as individual e-ticket slots.

Thanks.

As long as John is getting cash, the odds of winning are 100%. The T-1 would just be icing on that cake.

sdcromer
05-21-11, 21:03
Done and prayers sent.

SHIVAN
05-21-11, 21:08
Standby for new means to send in contributions.....hopefully no later than Monday

ucrt
05-21-11, 23:06
Standby for new means to send in contributions.....hopefully no later than Monday

===================================

Shivan,
Just curious, has there been much participation?
Do we need to get the word out a little more?

Thanks.

SHIVAN
05-22-11, 08:14
I am at #134, and we probably would have finished yesterday (guessing) if paypal had not stopped allowing my account to receive the funds.

ICANHITHIMMAN
05-22-11, 14:11
It took me 2 days to un **** my pay pal account and now I dont see the address to send the money?

m24shooter
05-22-11, 15:01
Sent funds.
We had a very similar collision here in our area a year ago.
Hoping and praying for the family.

SHIVAN
05-22-11, 15:30
Sent funds.
We had a very similar collision here in our area a year ago.
Hoping and praying for the family.

Guys, not sure where you are sending funds but they are not making it to me. Paypal has put some sort of hold on my account, intermittently I am getting transactions, but all paypal transactions should stop until further instruction.

If you have sent funds, and not gotten an email back from me, please let me know. I have no outstanding transactions that have not been sent a return email.

ICANHITHIMMAN
05-22-11, 15:35
When its sorted out will you provide the email address again please

m24shooter
05-22-11, 15:54
I sent funds to the email mentioned in the other thread. I'm guessing that wasn't the same place you are then. If you get it sorted out let me know and I'll send some that direction.

SHIVAN
05-22-11, 16:23
Guys:

There are two separate things going on here. One are donations to the family directly. That is the address that contains "Eddie".

There is the Aimpoint and mount raffle, which was an address that contained "Highlander".

If you want to send funds directly please send them. If you want to enter the drawing, standby for instructions. Paypal is telling us we can not use them for the raffle.

Thanks,
Ed

m24shooter
05-22-11, 17:20
Don't mind doing both.
Let me (us) know where to send the raffle funds when you figure it out.

sdcromer
05-23-11, 19:05
Tag so I can know where to send the raffle funds in addition to the funds already sent.

SHIVAN
05-23-11, 20:10
I am trying to work with Paypal to see what can be done about allowing us to use their service for this effort. I am also reaching out to our friends in the industry to see if they have a way to transact this charitable cause.

Please standby for an update. I hoping by tomorrow.

chadbag
05-24-11, 00:27
I am trying to work with Paypal to see what can be done about allowing us to use their service for this effort. I am also reaching out to our friends in the industry to see if they have a way to transact this charitable cause.

Please standby for an update. I hoping by tomorrow.

Hopefully you withdrew all the money to your bank account before PP started screwing around with your account.

Yet another reason (in general) to avoid PP.

ICANHITHIMMAN
05-24-11, 10:20
I want to do both aswell

SHIVAN
05-24-11, 10:28
Still standing by to hear from them. On one hand I got an email that says I am GTG, but can't do the e-tickets. On the other I get an email that says I am still limited in what I can do.

Talked to their customer service and they said there should absolutely be a way for me/us to do this using paypal, but I can't seem to get aholt (er...sic) of the right person to tell me how.

Standby, guys.

The good news is that once we get it figured out, we'll have a couple more items to raffle off for John and Sherry's benefit. Again with exceptional odds.

Alex V
05-24-11, 14:56
Still standing by to hear from them. On one hand I got an email that says I am GTG, but can't do the e-tickets. On the other I get an email that says I am still limited in what I can do.

Talked to their customer service and they said there should absolutely be a way for me/us to do this using paypal, but I can't seem to get aholt (er...sic) of the right person to tell me how.

Standby, guys.

The good news is that once we get it figured out, we'll have a couple more items to raffle off for John and Sherry's benefit. Again with exceptional odds.

let us know when the efforts are back up... Im standing by with PayPal ready :D

Very worth wile effort.

eternal24k
05-24-11, 20:25
hopefully Paypal will be able to work something out, It makes things really easy.

SHIVAN
05-28-11, 19:09
Paypal gave me a big fat "No." on using their service for continuing this effort, but did restore my account to regular status. The funds sent so far are completely safe, and we are trying to get one of our very closet dealers to add a sale item on their website for purchasing the remaining tickets online via the credit card of your choice.

Sorry for the bump in the road folks as soon as we get the new coordinates I will post them here.

Thanks for being patient.

If everything goes completely sideways, I will open up direct snail mail checks or money orders.

kmrtnsn
05-28-11, 20:18
Shivan,

One, it is for a good cause and we all thank you for the effort. Two, because you've fought the good fight so hard, let me know when the purchase setup is online and I will contribute again.

Thanks again,

Ken

eternal24k
05-28-11, 22:31
thanks for the update, please keep us posted, looking forward to sending some good karma to johno

SHIVAN
06-01-11, 20:22
We are still working out the details, and hope to have something soon. I wanted to keep everyone in the loop.

I wish we could do more to expedite it.

If no e-solution by Monday AM, then I will post a mail address for money orders or checks.:bad:

Sorry all! Sorry John and Sherry.

SHIVAN
06-06-11, 15:44
Just small details being worked out, and I will announce the link for the remaining tickets as soon as I get the 100% go ahead.

SHIVAN
06-07-11, 18:57
We have 116 slots still available. Since Paypal does not allow this sort of transaction on their site, our incredibly supportive and extremely generous industry partner, Grey Group Training (http://stores.greygrouptraining.com/StoreFront.bok), has come through with a web store item for finishing this raffle out.

I can't thank them enough for stepping up, and helping us out. If possible, you guys should also thank them by stopping by their pro shop, if local, or visiting their pro shop online and buying some gear!!

Here is the link: http://stores.greygrouptraining.com/-strse-3818/M4-CARBINE.NET-RAFFLE-TICKET/Detail.bok

Thanks Josh, Ramia, Matt and everyone else at Grey Group for helping us help John and Sherry.

militarymoron
06-07-11, 21:36
I added this to the raffle announcement on the first page:

A new prize in addition to the T-1 has been added to the raffle:

http://i846.photobucket.com/albums/ab25/greygroupcommunity/NewRedbackOnelogo2.jpg

In support of this raffle, Redback One (http://www.redbackone.com/) is graciously providing an RB1 gift certificate good for any RB1 one or two-day open enrollment class (a $400-$450 value) to another raffle winner.

The only restriction is that the course selected by the winner is suitable based on skill level. The gift certificate is transferable, so if the winner cannot make use of it, he can sell it.

A big THANK YOU to Redback One for their generous support of the M4C community!

bulbvivid
06-07-11, 21:45
I just placed an order and didn't notice until after I confirmed it that the tickets were listed as backordered. Does that mean all the slots are gone? If so, I would appreciate it if someone would point me to another method to give a donation.

kmrtnsn
06-07-11, 21:46
We have 116 slots still available. Since Paypal does not allow this sort of transaction on their site, our incredibly supportive and extremely generous industry partner, Grey Group Training (http://stores.greygrouptraining.com/StoreFront.bok), has come through with a web store item for finishing this raffle out.

I can't thank them enough for stepping up, and helping us out. If possible, you guys should also thank them by stopping by their pro shop, if local, or visiting their pro shop online and buying some gear!!

Here is the link: http://stores.greygrouptraining.com/-strse-3818/M4-CARBINE.NET-RAFFLE-TICKET/Detail.bok

Thanks Josh, Ramia, Matt and everyone else at Grey Group for helping us help John and Sherry.

Two less.

sdcromer
06-08-11, 07:34
Just bought two tickets and got the backorder message.

eternal24k
06-08-11, 07:43
what does the backorder mean?

Alex V
06-08-11, 08:46
got one...

This seems like a better use for the money than a lot of other things I would spend it on.

SHIVAN
06-08-11, 09:48
The backordered message is expected. This is being manually monitored by Grey Group, and they will advise when we reach the cutoff.

Did I mention how awesome Grey Group is for helping us out?? :D:D:D

eternal24k
06-08-11, 09:51
Did I mention how awesome Grey Group is for helping us out?? :D:D:D

+1,
I am still really disappointed in Paypal, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised at all :rolleyes:

N4LtRecce
06-09-11, 12:35
Props to Grey Group for stepping up. Just another reason that they have my business in the future :cool:

C45P312
06-11-11, 06:56
Has the cut off been reached? The link is dead on my end.

Thanks

SHIVAN
06-11-11, 11:08
Believe we have reached 250, I am awaiting confirmation from Grey Group, and the list of names of the last 116 to enter. As soon as I have that, I will draw two numbers.

One to win the T-1 and mount, and one to win the Redback One voucher.

Standby....

SHIVAN
06-14-11, 13:13
Ok, we reached the 250 on June 10th. I just assigned the final 116 a number, though I announced using the names provided when purchased.

A. Maldanado #25 - Aimpoint T-1 & Aimpoint T-1 mount
J. Morehouse #158 - Redback One Voucher

Grant @ G&R Tactical will be sending the Aimpoint T-1 and mount, so I need A. Maldanado to PM me with the address for shipment.

I also need J. Morehouse to PM me with a valid address, and one of our mods will be contacting you with how to receive the voucher.

Thank you all so very much for participating, we couldn't have done this without your help. I know John and Sherry will be extremely grateful for the assistance from the community!

Thanks again!

eternal24k
06-14-11, 13:17
Congrats guys! and thanks to all who made this possible for John & Sherry

SHIVAN
06-14-11, 13:17
I would also like to thank Grey Group Training, again, for stepping up when paypal cut us off. Without their help, we couldn't have pulled this off.

Thanks Grey Group!!

militarymoron
06-14-11, 14:31
congrats to the winners and thanks to all involved.

SHIVAN
06-14-11, 14:36
Also, a big thanks to Jason Falla for sweetening the pot to drive this home in short order. Another asset to our community.

Thanks.

N4LtRecce
06-14-11, 14:55
Congrats to the winners!

CoryCop25
06-15-11, 00:26
Great job everyone.........except PayPal.

Skyyr
06-15-11, 18:07
Well, my number was 52 (25 backwards). lol

Either way, it was win/win for me. I got to give money to people who could use it. Thanks, Shivan.

mvician
06-15-11, 20:22
Congrats guys! and thanks to all who made this possible for John & Sherry

This!

Congrats to the winners :cool: