PDA

View Full Version : Any help on a Jard?

h8mtv
10-10-07, 19:29
I am working on installing a Jard trigger in an Ar and the thing has very little travel and just does not seem right. There just does not seem to be enough allowance for the trigger to rock. Any advice?

mike240
10-10-07, 19:42
Do not know for sure but check to see if the trigger needs to be shortened in case it is making contact on the inner surface of the trigger guard. Before DPMS said that Jard triggers were not to be used or would not fit in the LR308, I had already figured what needed to be done to fit the Jard adjustable trigger in the LR308. It is great in that rifle. I have the unadjustable Jard in a AR15 and it dropped in with no mods needed and has been reliable with no problems. The trigger in the 308 was easily shortened and radiused with a Dremel and reblued.

h8mtv
10-10-07, 20:43
Did you shorten the front, back, or both?

mike240
10-10-07, 21:24
In my application, I shortened the length of the trigger to allow clearance of the trigger guard throughout the full arc of movement when the trigger pin is holding the trigger in the lower receiver. I did NO mods to anything or part of the trigger assembly that is housed within the lower trigger receiver. When the trigger assemble is installed, if the bottom of the trigger makes contact with the trigger guard obstructing the release of the hammer, on the AR (mine was the LR308 with no removeable triggerguard) it is likely too long. Try just releasing the triggerguard (swiveling it down like designed for heavy glove use) and see if the trigger can then arc enough to release the hammer.