PDA

View Full Version : Used ML3/GG&G($400) or New CompM2 ($350)

Packman73
05-22-11, 16:11
Which would you get? I'm thinking I'm going to go with the ML3 with a GG&G cantilever mount that I have an opportunity to get tonight. Good choice? Btw, the ML# is supposedly 2years old.

CLHC
05-22-11, 18:53
Here's my Aimpoint.ML3 w/GG&G mount:

http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae360/chc_hmc/AimPointML3_GGG.jpg
http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae360/chc_hmc/AimPointML3_GGG_ii.jpg

At first I was thinking of the Aimpoint.M3 but realistically for me, the NVD capability isn't something I'll ever be using. I bought this setup in April/May 2008 brand new. The batteries are original and have been left on pretty much all this time. Have not been subjected to "hard use" environments. Been thinking of switching to the ADM Mount.

Packman73
05-22-11, 22:00
Well, I picked up the ML3 (2 moa) that came with the GG&G mount. Looks very new.
I'm a bit disappointed that I can't see the dot below setting 7. Normal?
Anything more than that I can see fine. I think I'll sell the mount and get a ADh-68 though as this one is a co-witness.

uwe1
05-22-11, 22:29
Mine is set for 5, but it's best viewed with the lights low. Setting 7 should be normal for day time.

Packman73
05-22-11, 23:10
I tried mine in a closet -total darkness- and I could just barely make out setting 6. The only setting that works well for me is 9. I'm not sure that's normal.

CLHC
05-22-11, 23:45
Mine is set for 5, but it's best viewed with the lights low. Setting 7 should be normal for day time.

Mine is set at five (5) also and quite visible.

I'm a bit disappointed that I can't see the dot below setting 7. Normal?

I tried mine in a closet -total darkness- and I could just barely make out setting 6. The only setting that works well for me is 9. I'm not sure that's normal.
Have you tried new batteries? Yes battery life on said Aimpoint is 50,000 hours (5 years) on setting 8. There are those that change the batteries out annually or every 2 years. Hopefully it's just the batteries(?)

Packman73
05-22-11, 23:53
*Facepalm*

It 'twas a battery issue. The guy said it was only 2 years old so I thought the battery that was in it would still be going strong.
5 does seem to be a good setting for me now. :o

uwe1
05-23-11, 11:07
Mine was purchased used also so I need to check mine. The battery life is theoretical, based off a spanking new battery that has not suffered any energy loss. I suppose it all depends on how new the battery was.