PDA

View Full Version : For those of you who are running the Redi-Mag on SBRs....

Derek_Connor
08-13-06, 11:34
For those of you who are running the Redi-Mag on SBRs, < 12.5inch barrels preferably, do you feel that with the redimag and shortened barrel the balance of the carbine is within the norms of a normal 16inch setup?

While everything is a compromise, it seems the redi-mag makes more sense on a SBR?

I could be way off, I am trying to think this through...suggestions would be appreciated...

one
08-13-06, 13:40
Hello Derek,

I've had very good luck with the Redi mag on my LMT topped 10.5" SBR. The Redi mag is something I must admit I've taken off and gone back to over the years. Multiple times.

It is more comfortable to use on the shorter guns. But it is still added weight no matter how you look at it. The thing I've always liked about it is that just because it's on the gun doesn't mean you have to put a spare mag in it all the time.

LukeMacGillie
08-13-06, 17:01
My whole reason for abandoning it was that there were times that I didnt want to use the extra mag that was there on the gun, and fumbling with the empty mag, the extra mag and the mag of tracer or other specialty ammo that I wanted to use in the gun was just too much of a dick dance.

VA_Dinger
08-15-06, 12:00
I currently running a Redi-mag on my LMT 10.5". I have never experienced any "Balance" issues. Hell, I have run them on a 10.5" with Noveske CQBR (HB) and Krink brake and never felt the weapon's handling was affected one bit. Yes, it was heavier but it still handled fine.

jjw
08-23-06, 10:05
here are my thoughts take them. use or discard as needed.

on a 3-gun tactical or a trg gun i run a redi mag, balance and wt dont seem to bother me or i am tooo busy to notice.

i live in a semi rural area on 28 acres so my "home ready" weapon has 1 on it with 56 rds -- sort of grab and go.

on my o.t.d not coming back guns (different ar's) i dont run 1, here is why.
back when i was humping big ruck i normally carried 30-40 mags.( 20rds type in those days)-- 30's the 2nd tour).if u were sh & gettin u were dumping mags at a hi rate of speed u would have never had time to re stock both tubes. not a big deal. if u are working form a fixed position u would stack the mags close to u anyway.

good luck

jjw