PDA

View Full Version : Good Drop in FF Mid Lengths Rails that wont break the bank?

ghostman1960
05-23-11, 07:39
I have a set of Troy Drop ins on my middy now. While they are rock solid, they are kind of heavy and I decided I want something lighter and that are free floating. Any recommendations?

J-Dub
05-23-11, 07:42
I think the "gold standard" is the DD omega rail. I've been looking into this subject for a while. I've never run a rail (have MOE handguard) and basically i've come to the conclusion that DD is probably my best bet

They also seem to be the lightest at 9.8oz

ra2bach
05-23-11, 08:48
I think the old saying goes "cheap, light weight, good quality - pick any two"...

I have a middy with a Troy MRF and while it's cheap and sturdy, it's heavier than I would like. I really like my DD Omega X rail but it's not cheap or a "drop-in, even though I was happy to get it for what I paid.

facing the same issues, I'm waiting for the Centurion rails to get more time on them and will probably replace my Troy.

sammage
05-23-11, 10:43
The New Centurion C4 rails are really nice...have to clip the delta ring, spring, and hand guard cap, but they are worth it. Very lightweight, and the edges are comfortable.

jasonb
05-23-11, 10:59
I'm not sure if this is the direction you want to go, but I love my CASV-M. Very light too.

Avenger29
05-23-11, 11:02
This is what you are looking for. Pay the money for the quality, you won't regret it.

https://danieldefense.com/rail-systems/omega-rail/omega-rail-9-0-mid-length.html

Big Bronze Rim
05-23-11, 11:09
My Troy MRF rail was reasonably priced and, while I don't have an exact weight, was extremely easy to install. No barrel nut removal required, just unceremonious destruction/removal of the delta ring, weld spring and snap ring. It is also extremely solid and looks good to boot.