PDA

View Full Version : KAC SR25 and DPMS LR308 BCG interchangeable?

fnforme
05-23-11, 12:42
I have a SR25 pattern build using a Noveske barrel with a barrel extension that currently accepts a DPMS BCG. This build spares no expense so I wanted to upgrade what I believe to be the weakest link: the DPMS BCG. I do not wish to argue the merits of doing so. I've already acquired a like new KAC BCG but never stopped to consider whether it will actually work in this build. I assumed since mags and lower parts were interchangeable that all parts were.

Does anyone know with any degree of certainty if the SR25 BCG and the DPMS LR308 can be used interchangeably?

jasonusvi
05-23-11, 15:19
I have a SR25 pattern build using a Noveske barrel with a barrel extension that currently accepts a DPMS BCG. This build spares no expense so I wanted to upgrade what I believe to be the weakest link: the DPMS BCG. I do not wish to argue the merits of doing so. I've already acquired a like new KAC BCG but never stopped to consider whether it will actually work in this build. I assumed since mags and lower parts were interchangeable that all parts were.

Does anyone know with any degree of certainty if the SR25 BCG and the DPMS LR308 can be used interchangeably?

The Noveske barrel and its ar10 extension are the main issue. I happen to use an DPMS BCG with my MWS / Noveske Creedmoor barrel but was planning to get an Armalite BCG until the DPMS I had checked out when I gaged.

My LMT BCG (which is basically a KAC) would not chamber a go gage. The DPMS bolt wouldnt even chamber the go gage in the LMT carrier but it is rifle specific.

You might just pick up a no go gage. Could chamber a round to check the "go" and confirm its good with the "no go" gage. Others might have a different opinion.

freefalle7
05-23-11, 20:03
Just curious what type of upper are you using?

Sorta of topic,
Do you know where a person could get a SR-25upper??

I was just curious.

FREE

fnforme
05-23-11, 20:33
Billet upper is made by SI defense.
Lower is by POF.

OTO27
06-04-11, 00:01
I am not sure about the MK11/m110 line of KAC rifles but as far as I know the EMC use the "E3" style bolt which is propietary to KAC. The bolt on my MWS is not an E3 type since its got the square lugs, I suppose that would be your best bet. Let me know if you are able to get your hands on one as I would like to keep a spare around. Oh I forgot to mention the bolts on the OBR's not sure but I believe they are the same pattern as the LMT.

fmiq
06-13-11, 07:39
The bolt locks up and headspace is fine:D Plan to shoot it this week!:p

OTO27
06-13-11, 17:16
The bolt locks up and headspace is fine:D Plan to shoot it this week!:p

Out of curiosity, when and were did you get the SR25 BCG? I would like to get one as well for a spare to my MWS. LMT still wont offer bolts/BCGs for the 308. Also is it from an MK11,M110,Old SR25/EMC, or anyother variant?