PDA

View Full Version : P2000: Holy Smokes...

okie john
05-23-11, 15:20
...what an incredible piece of kit.

Shot one for the first time on Saturday. Astonishing accuracy and ergonomics. Is there anything bad I need to know before I piss away my son's college fund on a pair of these?

Okie John

JodyH
05-23-11, 16:04
It's the Indian not the arrow.
The P2000 trigger is just fine, I can easily pull .15 splits with the standard V2 LEM trigger.

okie john
05-23-11, 16:06
The P2000 trigger is just fine, I can easily pull .15 splits with the standard V2 LEM trigger.

That's what I thought after 6,000 rounds through my G19 this year.

I'm looking for things like customer service, parts availability, magazine issues, etc.

Okie John

okie john
05-23-11, 16:10
I do like the decock thingy on the back of the slide.

Are you talking about the P30 series?

Okie John

markm
05-23-11, 16:11

Okie John

DOH! :jester:

I can't keep track of all this stuff!! You're right!!

I deleted my wrong gun comments!

Palmguy
05-23-11, 16:12
I do like the decock thingy on the back of the slide.

They do make an LEM variant of the P2000...

Okie John

The P2000 DA/SA variant (V3 IIRC) has the rear decocker.

SiGfever
05-23-11, 16:52

Shot one for the first time on Saturday. Astonishing accuracy and ergonomics. Is there anything bad I need to know before I piss away my son's college fund on a pair of these?

Okie John
I have the P2000SK V2 .40S&W LEM, it is my daily CCW and very fine pistol, they are built like tanks. But be warned, these H&K pistols are VERY addictive. :D

rathos
05-23-11, 17:36
mags are spendy like all HKs, customer service is getting better, and parts are hard to get unless you know the right places but again so are most HKs.

p2k is a great gun, very accurate and available in LEM or DA/SA.

badness
05-23-11, 17:48
the p30's trigger is crappier than the p2000? Why's/How's that?

ralph
05-23-11, 18:39
mags are spendy like all HKs, customer service is getting better, and parts are hard to get unless you know the right places but again so are most HKs.

p2k is a great gun, very accurate and available in LEM or DA/SA.

I would'nt say they're THAT spendy...For the P-2000, USP compact mags interchange, CDNN usually has them for $35.00. In the last shotgun news I got, their Ad also listed used USP compact mags for $19.00 For the USP's, P2000, mags really don't cost that much more than M&P mags..

sgtjosh
05-24-11, 00:40

Okie John

I carry a P2000 at work and a P2000SK off duty. They are quality pistols.

654Boomer
05-24-11, 08:11

Okie John

Not only his college fund, but also spend his inheritance! The P2000 is a very fine weapon; an excellent specimen of German goodness. I have a Variant 2 (LEM trigger) in .40 S&W with Mepro tritium night sights (green on green). The P2000 will accept the USP compact magazines of the same caliber as well.

I have on several occasions (last four years or so) contacted HK for Customer Service support when ordering parts, doing trigger/variant upgrades, etc. In each case, nothing was broken or required repair, but I wanted to have factory upgrades performed. I have been very pleased with the support provided. Very quick turnaround times as well.

I have had very good success--never an issue--when ordering parts from www.hkparts.net (Mr. Adam Webber). A very professional organization. Very quick turnaround times as well, with just about any HK factory part you could want. I have no personal affiliation with hkparts.net; I am just a very satisfied customer.

Enjoy your P2000 (or P2000s)! :dance3:

loupav
05-24-11, 09:33
I use to shoot USP Compacts all the time, one day I got a P2000 and since then, I haven't touched my USP Compacts. The P2000 is an excellent weapon. I have 14,000 rounds down the pipe with mine and for some reason they keep multiplying in my safe....

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a285/loupav/CIMG3249.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a285/loupav/CIMG3207.jpg

HK45
05-28-11, 18:54
Here in Arizona they seem to sell a fair number of P2000 .40 with LEM trigger because thats what Border Patrol uses. I didn't understand why HK still sold the P2000 with the P30 available but the P2000 is a little better carry size, some prefer the grip, and its a little cheaper then the P30. Mags aren't that expensive if you look around and are of high quality. It's just another very well made HK pistol with startling accuracy.

Chimbarazo
06-02-11, 09:46
I have a lot of respect for Hk products, but have been away from them for a long time. Can somebody give me a rough idea of the size difference between this pistol and, say, a Glock 19 as a point of reference? Thanks.

F-Trooper05
06-02-11, 10:21
I have a lot of respect for Hk products, but have been away from them for a long time. Can somebody give me a rough idea of the size difference between this pistol and, say, a Glock 19 as a point of reference? Thanks.

Post # 7... http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgun-talk/125524-p2000-dimensions.html

djegators
06-02-11, 10:26
I would say the P2000 and the G19/23 are almost identical in size, and I have found that my P2000 will fit in my G23 holsters.

djegators
06-03-11, 10:05
Found a pic I had that shows them side by side:

http://oi32.tinypic.com/4udx7t.jpg

snackgunner
06-03-11, 10:10
How does the P2000 size up with the m&p 9mm FS? If anyone has a pic of those 2 side by side please post it up.

Does the the P2000 have good ambidextrious features? I like the m&p because of this reason, but if the P2000 beneficial for us lefties, I may look to pick one up

Palmguy
06-03-11, 10:13
How does the P2000 size up with the m&p 9mm FS? If anyone has a pic of those 2 side by side please post it up.

Does the the P2000 have good ambidextrious features? I like the m&p because of this reason, but if the P2000 beneficial for us lefties, I may look to pick one up

The P2000 is smaller in length and height than the full size M&P9. Width is more or less the same.

The P2000 is about as ambi as a pistol can come, with full-time ambi slide release/lock and mag release.

snackgunner
06-03-11, 10:23
Cool. I may look to pick one of these up, rather than upgrade the m&p 9mm with all of the apex parts (trigger,bolt ect.). I dont know, but from the sounds of it, it seems the P2000 would be better right out the box.

I just hope it fits my hand right. The m&p 9c is too small for my fat hand to grip it. My pinky easily goes over the mag pinky extensions, but the extra length of m&p 9mm FS fits my hand perfectly. I cant remember how the glock 19 fit my hand, to better compare it to the p2000.

Hogsgunwild
06-03-11, 11:35
I would say the P2000 and the G19/23 are almost identical in size, and I have found that my P2000 will fit in my G23 holsters.

Are any of the G23 holsters that you are referring to Kydex?

I ask because I am out of town and was just about to order the Kydex shell for my Comp-Tac MTAC to fit my P2000. I thought that I'd order the shell to have it waiting for me when I get home (and before my P2000 arrives at my FFL).

If it fits a G23 Kydex holster well, you've saved me a few bucks and some time. I appreciate it!

Oh, and yes, these guns are awesome (especially for the money).
I have been renting various HKs for months and decided on the P2000 .40S&W. After buying it I found a new USP Elite in .40 that was a bargain and received it before the P2000 is to finally arrive. I have already shot the Elite and had a stupid grin on my face for days afterward!
Things are that sweet. I keep thinking how many H&Ks I could get with the proceeds of each of my high end 1911s....

Can't sell the 1911s...

Yet...

Must use restraint....

djegators
06-03-11, 13:18
No, not a Kydex. The only holsters I have tried are a Bianchi and a Don Hume IWB leather holsters.

kmrtnsn
06-03-11, 13:39

The HK has BETTER ambi features. It has both a much better slide release on both sides of the pistol as well as an ambi mag release, something that neither the M&P nor the Glock can provide.

kmrtnsn
06-03-11, 13:41
Found a pic I had that shows them side by side:

http://oi32.tinypic.com/4udx7t.jpg

When the flat floorplates are installed on the HK there is a much better comparison.

Hogsgunwild
06-03-11, 15:36
No, not a Kydex. The only holsters I have tried are a Bianchi and a Don Hume IWB leather holsters.

OK, thanks for the heads-up. I still may wait to see how close my MTAC for the Glock is before buying a shell for the HK. The Kydex shell is probably only about thirty dollars but the Glock one might just need a slight tweak to fit properly. I am not in a hurry anyhow.

Thanks again!

montrala
06-03-11, 16:23
P2000 is very nice pistol. When I got my first fire permit, I was deciding between Glock, P99, CZ-75 and 92FS... but new HK distributor in Poland just got shipment of newest HK pistols P2000 (with serial numbers well below 1000). I made mistake of taking one in hand... and left shop whit it in the bag. Then more HKool-Aid drinking developed :jester:

Sold it some 15.000 rounds later when got new P30, but I still own P2000SK as primary CCW.

ralph
06-03-11, 17:02
When the flat floorplates are installed on the HK there is a much better comparison.

This is true..I put flat floorplates on all of my mags for my P-2000, I'd say that shaved at least a 1/4" off the height..Midway usually has them for $6-7 or so..

skyugo
06-03-11, 19:04
P2000 is very nice pistol. When I got my first fire permit, I was deciding between Glock, P999, CZ-75 and 92FS... but new HK distributor in Poland just got shipment of newest HK pistols P2000 (with serial numbers well below 1000). I made mistake of taking one in hand... and left shop whit it in the bag. Then more HKool-Aid drinking developed :jester:

Sold it some 15.000 rounds later when got new P30, but I still own P2000SK as primary CCW.

not to derail the thread, but what's it take to CCW in poland? :confused:

montrala
06-03-11, 19:30
not to derail the thread, but what's it take to CCW in poland? :confused:

Not easy. Solely on Police discretion - "if you are in significant more danger than average", whatever it means. Getting sporting or collector permit is slightly easier, hunting easiest. But there is not much private firearms possession in Poland. If you want details, PM me.

skyugo
06-03-11, 23:01
Not easy. Solely on Police discretion - "if you are in significant more danger than average", whatever it means. Getting sporting or collector permit is slightly easier, hunting easiest. But there is not much private firearms possession in Poland. If you want details, PM me.

just curious is all. It's interesting to see how things are done in other parts of the world. glad you managed to wrangle a concealed permit for yourself.

Tacoma213
06-13-11, 05:30
The P2000 is one of the most instinctive shooting guns I've ever shot; what this means for me is that I can draw, look over the top of the slide, and touch off rounds at 15 yards as quickly as I want and all will be within an 6x9 inch (the 9 is top to bottom oblong). Strangely, when I use my sights and do slow fire at 25 yards, my groups go horizontally oblong??? Oh well, all said I own three of these things.