PDA

View Full Version : MAST Solutions - Houston, TX - Tactical Rifle: 0-100m - June 11-12, 2011

Ironman8
05-23-11, 19:38
Mast Solutions is holding a 0-to-100m Tactical Battle Rifle class. This class includes the use of a secondary as well as shooting from 0-100m with designated primary (by you) and secondary. Know how to operate your rifle effectively. Test your capabilities under simulated duress. Learn the mechanics of shooting as well as proper BZO, shooting platforms, transitions, maintenance, malfunctions, and much more!! IRON SIGHTS will be used for standards. Optics can be used for the remainder of class if you choose. Reactive targeting system with 180 degree shoot capability. Saturday evening night shoot:: Low-light condition(s) overview.

-Address: E-mail for address with your confirmation of attendance and deposit sent
-Cost: $490.00- Includes class, lodging, meals, and all hydration
-Deposit: Non-refundable deposit of $150.00 is required mailed to the below addy:
MAST Solutions
22136 Westheimer PKWY
Suite # 350
Katy, TX 77494

-Ammo requirements: 1000rds Primary and 200rds of secondary
-Limited class of 8 students due to nature of class. E-mail and deposit confirmation only will hold your slot!

Course and logistics:
We will be staying at a range house as a group. Hygiene is a must. Included in the cost of the course is all food (three meals a day), beverages while on range including H2O gatorade and some snacks. Cleaning station with tables during evening down time if needed. Accommodations to sleep 10 with room for cots, sleeping bags and sharing rooms.

-Gear (kit) and “Slick”
-BZO
-Carry methods/Sling selection
-Rifle work from 0-100 meters
-Stance, hinge point, and weapon “weld” for consistency
-Grip, sight picture and trigger control
-Recoil control
-Sight picture using iron sights and or vs. optics
-The Various reloads- Pro’s Con’s
-Possible malfunctions of the rifle and how to remedy
-Strong and support side shooting while both stationary and on the move
-Shooting platforms- The “WHY” included in the platform
-Transition drills
-Barricades with movement

Kit:
A functional primary and a secondary (handgun) with proper holster. A cleaning kit and tools that are compatible with the weapon system(s) in question is also recommended. Each student should have a minimum of 6 working magazines.

-Clothing suited and class appropriate as well as being seasonally appropriate
-Flip flops for shower
-Towel
-Rain gear / cold weather gear
-Ear pro
-Eye pro
-Clear lenses for night shoots
-Baseball style hat recommended
-Primary weapon sling
-A rig that can carry a minimum of four (4) primary magazines on your person
-Functioning secondary weapon system, and three working magazines
-A holster and magazine pouch that will retain your equipment when moving
-Primary weapon mounted light
-Secondary weapon mounted or handheld light
-Spare bulbs and batteries
-Scooby Snacks
-Weapons lube
-Knee and Elbow pads (optional)
-Gloves (optional)

Ironman8
05-23-11, 20:27
Contact me for more information (post or PM) and I can get you in contact with the owner to reserve a spot.

Ironman8
06-01-11, 08:39
Plenty of spots still open for this class...

NUTT
06-01-11, 12:40
My wife is less than 4 weeks from her due date with our first or I'd be all over this.

Do you happen to have a training calendar posted?

Ironman8
06-01-11, 13:05
lol yeah I don't think she would be a happy camper if you left...congrats btw!

There is no website at the moment (under construction) but you can email the owner at matthew@mastsolutions.com and ask him to put you on the mailing list for future course announcements.

I will also be posting future courses here...

Hope to see you out at a course soon! And my prayers go to you and your wife for your first baby!

Iraq Ninja
06-01-11, 14:15
BTW, I will be attending/instructing at this class in support of MAST. Might even throw in a gunshot trauma class for those spending the night in the cabin.

Also, for the night shoot we will have a NVG, thermal, and IR laser demo that the students can partake in, featuring products from various business associates of MAST.

Ironman8
06-04-11, 11:02
4 slots left in the class!

Contact me or Matt for more info, payment info, ect...

Ironman8
06-08-11, 15:50
Still a few spots left!

If you're interested, let me know ASAP!