PDA

View Full Version : Gemtech HVT or AAC 762?

mstennes
05-23-11, 22:19
So I just finished my MWS setup for long range shooting, I have a 20" barrel on it now so I'm down to the suppressor and have narrowed it down to either the AAC 7.62SD or Gemtechs HVT, this setup will stay in this rifle and maybe get used on future 308 bolt gun or SCAR 17, so which would work best and why?

JasonM
05-24-11, 10:08
Well, you know which brand i would recommend, but rather let me add another AAC options for you:
Since you are setting this up for long range use, primarily on a single host, consider the CYCLONE. It's quieter than the 'SD and has been primarily designed for precision use and the quietest possible performance.

It shares the same construction and materials as the 762-SD- Inconel blast baffle, stainless remaining baffles and tube.

That said, it is a thread-mount can, so if you think you'll be switching the can between hosts frequently, a QD like the 762-SD is a better bet.

Magic_Salad0892
05-24-11, 13:53
Gemtech is not a brand I would recommend alongside or over AAC.

I would recommend alongside or over AAC however, SureFire, or Knights Armament.

mstennes
05-24-11, 14:46
Well, you know which brand i would recommend, but rather let me add another AAC options for you:
Since you are setting this up for long range use, primarily on a single host, consider the CYCLONE. It's quieter than the 'SD and has been primarily designed for precision use and the quietest possible performance.

It shares the same construction and materials as the 762-SD- Inconel blast baffle, stainless remaining baffles and tube.

That said, it is a thread-mount can, so if you think you'll be switching the can between hosts frequently, a QD like the 762-SD is a better bet.

To be honest, I'm was leaning AAC for the simple reason, I have a M4 2000, and IIRC I could use it on my 556 AR's also, which now are all setup with Blackout mounts for the AAC. I was thinking the -6 for the fact, I'm planning on a SCAR in the future, and this could go on all my rifles. Just thinking out loud here.

JasonM
05-24-11, 16:01
Yes, if you went with the 762-SD, it will work just fine on all of your guns that have the 51-tooth mount.

sabresbrs
05-24-11, 16:34
I went with the new 762sdn6 because it is shorter and all inconel. I feel it will be more useful than just the 762sd. I do like the mount though on the Gemtech.

mstennes
05-24-11, 20:16
Yes, if you went with the 762-SD, it will work just fine on all of your guns that have the 51-tooth mount.

Well it seems obvious now its the -6, now the fun part, who has one, or what is the availabilty on them? My local dealer is a AAC dealer, but he said all his suppressors are sold out.
Thanks

sabresbrs
05-24-11, 20:50
Pre-ordered mine in January. Will send off paperwork this week.

JasonM
05-25-11, 09:34
Well it seems obvious now its the -6, now the fun part, who has one, or what is the availabilty on them? My local dealer is a AAC dealer, but he said all his suppressors are sold out.
Thanks

They started shipping a few weeks ago. I know our distributers still have some unspoken for. they should also give you a below-MSRP deal too.

Try Major Malfunction's Munitions, Allen Arms Tactical, or Bullseye Indoor Range...

mstennes
05-25-11, 13:19
They started shipping a few weeks ago. I know our distributers still have some unspoken for. they should also give you a below-MSRP deal too.

Try Major Malfunction's Munitions, Allen Arms Tactical, or Bullseye Indoor Range...

My local dealer is High Mountain Hunting in Wenatchee, Wa. Just call them and tell them to get on it?

JasonM
05-25-11, 13:27
My local dealer is High Mountain Hunting in Wenatchee, Wa. Just call them and tell them to get on it?

Yup, you can do that and have them order from a distrib for you, OR just call a distributer and buy direct and have them ship it to your dealer.

Bryon at Major Malfunction, or Randall at Allen Arms, or Jeremy at Bullseye. All great guys, and they will all talk you through the process.

mstennes
05-25-11, 14:47
Yup, you can do that and have them order from a distrib for you, OR just call a distributer and buy direct and have them ship it to your dealer.

Bryon at Major Malfunction, or Randall at Allen Arms, or Jeremy at Bullseye. All great guys, and they will all talk you through the process.

Cody at High Mountain said they have two -6's on order direct from you, any idea how long those will be out?
Thanks,
Mike

JasonM
05-25-11, 14:53
Cody at High Mountain said they have two -6's on order direct from you, any idea how long those will be out?
Thanks,
Mike

I don't know, they have been shipping recently. He can call Mike Mers or John Hollister at our shop and check.

mstennes
05-25-11, 15:17
I don't know, they have been shipping recently. He can call Mike Mers or John Hollister at our shop and check.

Awesome thanks

scottryan
05-27-11, 13:20
Gemtech is a hobby grade silencer.

Dave_M
05-29-11, 09:17
Nevermind.