PDA

View Full Version : Navy SEAL to be awarded Medal of Honor

Jay Cunningham
10-11-07, 20:16
FYI

Navy SEAL to be awarded Medal of Honor (http://www.navy.mil/search/display.asp?story_id=32528)

DocHolliday01
10-11-07, 20:30
Lone Survivor was a great book. May he rest in peace.

Madsmiley
10-11-07, 20:40
Wow,just finished reading that book:eek:

Last I heard,a movie is in the works too

nationwide
10-11-07, 22:06
You know, I for one find it pathetic that the government feels a warrior has to ****ing DIE before he can be considered for our nations highest honor. :rolleyes:

QuickStrike
10-11-07, 22:27
You know, I for one find it pathetic that the government feels a warrior has to ****ing DIE before he can be considered for our nations highest honor. :rolleyes:

I may be wrong, but I think there are some people who lived and got the medal. :confused:

nationwide
10-11-07, 22:49
I may be wrong, but I think there are some people who lived and got the medal. :confused:

Not since the Vietnam era (Vietnam era hero's, that is...)

QuickStrike
10-12-07, 00:22
Not since the Vietnam era (Vietnam era hero's, that is...)

Oh, makes sense since the living recipient I heard the story of is kinda old...

Impact
10-12-07, 01:42
half way through the book...great and sad story

by the way, check Matt Axelson's website. Great tribute to a great warrior.

http://www.mattaxelson.com/

Sidewinder6
10-12-07, 15:43
I am happy to read about the Congressional citation. For once, they are doing something worthwhile that doesnt involve a congressional page or restroom.

What a pity its posthumous.

I hope this hightens awareness about the sacrifices these guys make on a daily basis. They lost a support boat driver today as well in a training exercise.

Fenris
10-24-07, 23:02
Universal bought the rights to Lone Survivor. Peter Berg (The Kingdom) will direct the film. No ETA as yet.

Impact
10-25-07, 01:20
I hope some of the profits will go to the families..

Safetyhit
10-25-07, 08:49
By all accounts he was a friendly, humble, polite gentleman to most who knew him. At the same time, a fearless and deticated warrior who stood firmly between us and those animals overseas.

So many worthless, arrogant, self-absorbed, ignorant, disturbed, abusive, evil "people" in this world. Why couldn't those rounds that took his worthy life have been off just a bit....:mad:

God bless his soul.