PDA

View Full Version : Kriss Super V 5 squib kaboom - just a few pics...

E-man930
05-24-11, 14:55
Not sure how you don't notice 5 squibs but interesting pics none the less...

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad300/06sandstone/kriss002.jpg
http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad300/06sandstone/kriss004.jpg
http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad300/06sandstone/kriss007.jpg

Hope fully someone will come along with more of the story and fill us in...

ICANHITHIMMAN
05-24-11, 15:22
Wow thats cool (in a bad way). I saw this guns and ammo show where they did that to a ruger pistol to try and make it blow up and the bullets just fell one by one out the end of the barrel.

Abraxas
05-24-11, 15:29
Crazy, cool pics though

markm
05-24-11, 15:30
Wow thats cool (in a bad way). I saw this guns and ammo show where they did that to a ruger pistol to try and make it blow up and the bullets just fell one by one out the end of the barrel.

Those two retards need to shoot each other. The stupid shit they do shouldn't be televised to give other tards brilliant ideas.

Between those goofballs and Fortier's dopey ass, that show is nearly unwatchable.

bigghoss
05-24-11, 18:13

IIRC that was a smith and wesson and those guys are idiots. NONE of their tests are realistic.

I bet whoever did that to that barrel was running some kind of moronic experiment or something. how do you even get 5 squibs in a row? and then to just keep going...

eternal24k
05-24-11, 20:39
WOW, wtf.
Wonder what the receiver looks like

ICANHITHIMMAN
05-24-11, 21:01
S&W ruger what ever, Retarded yes it is but neat to watch none the less.

glocktogo
05-24-11, 21:18
I can see it happening pretty easily, if the KRISS was a full auto "demo" gun being fired as a rental. :(

bigghoss
05-24-11, 21:59
I can see it happening pretty easily, if the KRISS was a full auto "demo" gun being fired as a rental. :(

even if it was it almost certainly wouldn't cycle the squibs. plus if it was a rental the shop would make the customer use their ammo which would be of enough quality as to almost eliminate the chance of 5 squibs in a row.

plus by the looks of everything I'd say those rounds had 1/4 or maybe 1/8 of a powder charge rather than just going off the primer. could be wrong, never actually shot a round without powder in it off just the primer but I don't think they'd cram together like that unless there was a minimal charge in them.

bulbvivid
05-24-11, 22:19
Not sure how you don't notice 5 squibs but interesting pics none the less...

I would assume only the first is a squib and the rest just backed up behind it. There's plenty of evidence of these occurrences with revolvers. On FA it wouldn't take long to get the other four in the tube after the squib.

gew98
05-25-11, 09:27
even if it was it almost certainly wouldn't cycle the squibs.

plus by the looks of everything I'd say those rounds had 1/4 or maybe 1/8 of a powder charge rather than just going off the primer. could be wrong, never actually shot a round without powder in it off just the primer but I don't think they'd cram together like that unless there was a minimal charge in them.

A friend of mine did the exact same thing to his KRIIS last year. He had been loading his 45ACP on the light side for more pleasant shooting out of his pistol, And he loaded these in his KRISS 16" barrled peice. He got on a 5 or 6 round string and it was noted aloud no dirt was kicking anywhere , where before it had been hitting. He checked and sure enough had them stacked in the barrel 5 or 6 deep. Barrel started to split but never broke open and we could'nt get the fake can off either.
He eventually did the SBR & got a can for it too.

Cylinder Head
05-25-11, 09:35
So... another example of why reloading should be done with the utmost care and attention?

Armati
05-25-11, 12:32
The Super V - a solution looking for a problem. What happens when the gun buy public buys guns based on CDI point. I can assure you, your average civilian Super V buyer doesn't know what a squib even is.

BCmJUnKie
05-25-11, 17:40
4340/4140 I think are the materials used for the barrels.