PDA

View Full Version : Texas Gov. Perry wearing Larue gear

Dirtyboy333
05-24-11, 23:14
Was watching Greta on Fox news and the Governor of Texas was on to discuss border security and the LACK of any help from Obama and the feds. Greta was conducting the interview at some sort of border security task force center in Texas.

Anyway, I noticed the Governor and his "posse" were all wearing black "Larue Tactical" shirts. I thought that was kind of interesting and thats a damn good way to get some advertisement on a national stage. :p

Does anyone know any details behind this like if they use Larue or sponsor them?

Its not a big deal at all i just thought it was pretty neat and i'm curious to know the reasoning behind it.

SeriousStudent
05-25-11, 00:03
Trust me. Rick and Mark have met.

One of the few things I like about Perry is that he is very pro Second Amendment.

Dirtyboy333
05-25-11, 00:11
Trust me. Rick and Mark have met.

One of the few things I like about Perry is that he is very pro Second Amendment.

Yeah I agree. I really think that says alot about a politician when he will wear a firearm related shirt on national news.

Tell ya what, with all the recent issues Texas has been involved in and how their not afraid to stand up to the Admin. I'm really liking how they do things.

Hopefully I get the Border Patrol job and they place me there.

SeriousStudent
05-25-11, 01:32
If you get a Border Patrol gig in Texas, I will happily buy you a big plate of BBQ, and a tasty beverage or two to wash it down.

The Border Patrol Agents we get down here work really hard, but have so much work to do it boggles the mind. :(

Here's another photo of our Governor punching holes with a AR:

http://s303.photobucket.com/albums/nn153/immersivetech/Public/?action=view&current=rick-perry-larue.jpg&mediafilter=images

nickdrak
05-25-11, 01:56
Mark has posted on arfcom a few times where he had gov. Perry at his shop/range to shoot some of the LaRue kit. Very ****ing cool to have a gov. that supportive of the 2nd amendment and a great company like LaRue.

Moose-Knuckle
05-25-11, 03:23
Discovery has a tv show called Texas Drug Wars, in it they feature a task force comprised of Texas Rangers, DPS (state troopers), and Feds that Perry requested to help secure the border. In the show the DPS helos have aerial gunners armed with LaRue OBRs in 7.62 NATO.

Gov. Perry shooting an OBR.
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a144/AKS-74/richperryshootingOBR.jpg

Gov. Perry at SHOT.
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a144/AKS-74/rickperrySHOTshow.jpg

What can I say? Some things are just better down here in Texas. :)

ffhounddog
05-25-11, 03:28
Do not forget he jogs with a Ruger LCP witch he use to kill a dog or coyote that was charging at him and his dog. He has a CCP as well :p

Dirtyboy333
05-25-11, 05:00
Damn those are nice pics of the Gov. shooting as well as that OBR. I've been eying the OBR vs. MWS for my next purchase.

It looks like their pretty well equipt down there on the border.

Yeah, I REALLY hope I get the job and if I do I'm gonna hold you to that BBQ. :p I'm ready and willing to work as hard and as many hours as they want. I'm single now so I'm not tied down anymore.

I didn't realize there was that much of a presence on the border. Watching main-stream they make it seem like there's only a few scattered groups patrolling around. Im a little more hopeful now that I see some more effort onto it. This shit needs to stop. I live in southwestern PA and about 20min away in an extremely rural area there is a house full of illegals. Marcellus shale/natural gas is HUGE right now in this area and Texas companies are bringing illegals up to work and stashing them out in rural areas.

My best friends dad is a PA Trooper and he said that they were ordered to basically ignore it. I don't know if it's just a coincidence or what but crystal meth is finally hitting the area.

bubba04
05-25-11, 07:21
I have always had a thing for the Larue roll mark.

Belmont31R
05-25-11, 08:03
Texas DPS has Larue OBR's.

Heartland Hawk
05-25-11, 10:41
Man, you have to love Texas!

Suwannee Tim
05-25-11, 16:47
I got my first choice, to be borned a Southerner. If I hadn't, my second choice was to be borned a Texican.

Moose-Knuckle
05-25-11, 17:26
It looks like their pretty well equipt down there on the border.

I didn't realize there was that much of a presence on the border. Watching main-stream they make it seem like there's only a few scattered groups patrolling around. Im a little more hopeful now that I see some more effort onto it. This shit needs to stop.

No, things are BAD real BAD. That is why Gov. Perry sent the Ranger/DPS down there, the White House dosen't give a damn. Check out this thread by a fellow member who contracts on the border from time to time.

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=54574

Good luck at getting the job and if you do watch your six.

As for rifles/carbines. . .

TXDPS Troopers and Rangers are issued Bushmaster M4s. :(
http://www.bushmaster.com/press_release%20100306.asp

The OBRs may be privately owned or they may be issued to select personnel like the aerial gunners, I don't know. The Rangers are known to use their own firearms.

Belmont31R
05-25-11, 17:50
No, things are BAD real BAD. That is why Gov. Perry sent the Ranger/DPS down there, the White House dosen't give a damn. Check out this thread by a fellow member who contracts on the border from time to time.

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=54574

Good luck at getting the job and if you do watch your six.

As for rifles/carbines. . .

TXDPS Troopers and Rangers are issued Bushmaster M4s. :(
http://www.bushmaster.com/press_release%20100306.asp

The OBRs may be privately owned or they may be issued to select personnel like the aerial gunners, I don't know. The Rangers are known to use their own firearms.

I watched a show with the Texas DPS patrolling the border, and they had the OBR's in the aerial role. They use them to disable fleeing vehicles as I guess its quite common for people they are chasing to literally drive into the river, and swim to Mexico. They want to get the vehicles stopped before they can do that.

SeriousStudent
05-25-11, 18:28
Dirtyboy333, when you get down here, make sure you visit the Texas Ranger Museum in Waco. They have a display of Ranger weapons and equipment that is fascinating. Rangers have historically been allowed quite a bit of leeway on their weaponry.

When I was a wee lad growing up in West Texas, the local Ranger was rumored to keep a "machine gun" behind the back seat of his pickup. A local petty thug asked him about it once. Supposedly, the Ranger asked him in a bored tone of voice "Would you like to see it?"

The aforementioned thug promptly declined.

That Colt Monitor is hanging in the museum now. I've seen it. Pretty impressive, apparently only 125 were ever made.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1918_Browning_Automatic_Rifle

The Ranger was Joaquin Jackson.

And I'll be happy to pay up on the BBQ. Good luck to you on the hiring and training, and stay safe.

Moose-Knuckle
05-25-11, 18:40
They use them to disable fleeing vehicles as I guess its quite common for people they are chasing to literally drive into the river, and swim to Mexico. They want to get the vehicles stopped before they can do that.

That and when the traffikers start throwing spikes out of their windows on the road to hinder the pursuing LEOs. The gunners are then given the green light to take out the vehicle due to the danger the spikes pose to civilian traffic.

The act of driving a vehicle off into the Rio Grande is known as a "splash down". The DPS SCUBA team will then retrieve the drugs and the sumerged vehicles. Pretty slick operation, catch and recovery.

Renegade
05-25-11, 19:44
Does anyone know any details behind this like if they use Larue or sponsor them?

Perry is an avid shooter.

He visits Larue all the time, lots of pics over the years. Check TOS/IP forum.

Dirtyboy333
05-25-11, 19:50
Thanks for the good wishes SS and MooseK. Don't mess wit Texas!!!:mad:

J-Dub
05-25-11, 20:28
I personally think he's a goof ball sometimes, but his support of a Texas based firearm company is awesome, as well as his support to control the border.

Although i've known about DPS using OBR's for a while, it makes me smile even more....since a Sgt. from the DPS is coming over to my apt. tomorrow to discuss some things.

Pumpkinheaver
06-03-11, 22:21
What I have heard about Gov. Perry I think I would like him. He even popped a coyote that had attacked his dog a few years ago while out for a jog. Used a Ruger LCP if I remember correctly.

ucrt
06-03-11, 23:23

I know a young welder on a pipeline that is near the border somewhere SW of San Antonio. He told me they were told "they will see "illegals" but to ignore them, do not make eye contact, and since they park at the jobsite, if the illegals try to steal their vehicle...let them."

He says they see groups of them all the time in the distance. He carries a LCP in case it gets to one on one and according to him, it is very bad.

Heavy Metal
06-04-11, 00:06
Do not forget he jogs with a Ruger LCP witch he use to kill a dog or coyote that was charging at him and his dog. He has a CCP as well :p

He is the CLEO for the State of Texas. He does not need a CCP.

Anything a Texas Ranger can do, he has that same authority.

austinN4
06-04-11, 07:16
He even popped a coyote that had attacked his dog a few years ago while out for a jog.
Here is a link to the story: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/04/28/texas-governor-shoots-kills-coyote-threatened-dog/

And you should have heard our liberal majority here in Austin having a fit over it. It was wonderful!

randolph
06-04-11, 07:35
Here is a link to the story: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/04/28/texas-governor-shoots-kills-coyote-threatened-dog/

And you should have heard our liberal majority here in Austin having a fit over it. It was wonderful!

not only were their panties wadded up, they were trying to find some charges to press against him :D

kaiservontexas
06-04-11, 09:13
Don't you know LaRue is gonna be the RoT's national armory when we leave the Union? LOL j/king
:jester:

I think it is cool they were wearing the shirts too . . .

and yeah the 2nd Amend stance he holds is one of the great things about him.