PDA

View Full Version : Eotech mount for shotgun?

AllAmerican
05-25-11, 08:57
Hi guys, I did a search and could not get the answer I was looking for, so sorry if this has been asked and answered.
Does anyone know of a gunsmith, (great if in NC) that can put a mount on a Remington 870? The mount would be for an EoTech red dot. I have an older SG with 20" bbl and factory rifle sights.
Thanks for any help!
Jack
Oriental, NC

wahoo95
05-25-11, 09:22
Take a look at the Burris Speedbeed for your shotgun

http://www.opticsplanet.net/burris-speed-bead-red-dot-reflex-sight.html

joffe
05-25-11, 13:46
Take a look at the Burris Speedbeed for your shotgun

http://www.opticsplanet.net/burris-speed-bead-red-dot-reflex-sight.html

I really like the look of that. That's the ideal configuration for me, light, compact. But..

I was looking at the Trijicon RMR myself, because of its high reputation. How is the Burris with regards to reliability and expected service life? I don't think I've ever seen Burris sights on any duty weapons.

wahoo95
05-25-11, 14:02
I really like my FastFires....never had any issues with them. I took a look at the Trijicons but didn't care for the dot/triangle as the color/brightness was harder for my eyes to pick up quickly.

Rosco Benson
05-25-11, 14:16
Due to the way the EOTech is configured, it is going to end up being very high on the shotgun. You won't get anything resembling a decent cheek weld. An Aimpoint T1 would offer a lower sight line.

Rosco

arizona98tj
06-04-11, 20:39
I put a cheek pad on my shotgun (FNH SLP) when I put my EOTech on it....great combo. Wouldn't change a thing. That 65 MOA circle is much easier to acquire than a couple MOA dot. Used a T-1....didn't like it.

Dave_M
06-06-11, 14:54
Due to the way the EOTech is configured, it is going to end up being very high on the shotgun. You won't get anything resembling a decent cheek weld. An Aimpoint T1 would offer a lower sight line.

I agree completely. Unless you found a way to mount it upside down it sits far too high