PDA

View Full Version : Mid length to carbine length gas system

Devildog0311
05-28-11, 13:14
Is it possible to change a mid length gas system into a carbine length? Do I just switch out the gas tubes and gas block?

Stickman
05-28-11, 13:15
Is it possible to change a mid length gas system into a carbine length? Do I just switch out the gas tubes and gas block?

No, its not that simple.

Why would you want to go from a midlength to a carbine length gas system?

Devildog0311
05-28-11, 13:22
Just wondering. I have a carbine length gas system now and I really like the performance of the rifle, I just purchased a noveske mid length gas system and I have never owned one before. Just a little unsure of the unknown I guess. can you point out the difference in the two, pros and cons?

Fire_Medic
05-28-11, 13:29
Here you go:

http://www.03designgroup.com/technotes/carbine-vs-mid-length-gas-system

http://www.03designgroup.com/technotes/midlengths-for-leo

Toyoland66
05-28-11, 13:29
orange search button at the top of the page

mid vs carbine has been discussed exhaustively

Stickman
05-28-11, 13:34
Just wondering. I have a carbine length gas system now and I really like the performance of the rifle, I just purchased a noveske mid length gas system and I have never owned one before. Just a little unsure of the unknown I guess. can you point out the difference in the two, pros and cons?

You can read up a bunch, but the condensed version is that the midlength is a smoother running, more reliable system. If you use iron sights, the midlength pushes the front sight out a bit farther, which typically yields better accuracy for most shooters. The longer handguard or rail allows for more hand placement and equipment mounting options.

Devildog0311
05-28-11, 13:36
[QUOTE=Stickman;1009652]You can read up a bunch, but the condensed version is that the midlength is a smoother running, more reliable system. If you use iron sights, the midlength pushes the front sight out a bit farther, which typically yields better accuracy for most shooters. The longer handguard or rail allows for more hand placement and equipment mounting options.[/QUOT

I forgot to mention the noveske is a 14.5 inch barrel length. Regardless I like to run 11.0 larue handguards on all of my rifles. In the article that was posted it said that they like using carbine gas systens on 14.5 inch barrels.

Iraqgunz
05-28-11, 13:43
Take the time to use the Orange SEARCH button.