PDA

View Full Version : Metro Atlanata Gunsmith

restfortheweary
05-28-11, 14:26
Anyone know a good smith and/or machine shop, within an hour of metro Atlanta. I have been to some tinkerers, but I am looking for a full service smith. Thanks

Sam
05-28-11, 21:27
What kind of work do you want done? Please be more specific. There are many gunsmiths in the Atlanta area.

restfortheweary
05-29-11, 04:20
unfortunately I have already met a couple. I'm looking for someone who can successfully modify the operating system of an ACR, which has been short barreled. Also need to have a Drako pistol drilled and tapped for a folding stock adapter. The steel is hardened and there have been previous attempts, with little success. I guess I need the most qualified smith you know. I am being vague because I don't want to name the gentleman, who I have found unworthy.

Sam
05-29-11, 08:43
I've used Bill Hayllar and found that he's competent and has reasonable turnaround time.

Bill Hayllar
Gunsmith in Sandy Springs
404-255-2710

E-man930
05-29-11, 08:50
+1 for Bill Hayllar

STyler
02-18-13, 10:57
Plus 2 for Bill Hayllar!!
After reading posts regarding Bill Hayllar from all over, I found him in Sandy Springs off Roswell Rd. and took him my rifle for installation of some auxiliary equipment. He did the work while I waited and charged me a fair price. He is a GREAT guy, very experienced, and very competent . He operates a flourishing business in a well equipped shop off the garage in his home in Sandy Springs. Would definitely recommend him for any repairs or gunsmithing you need in the Atlanta area!! 404.255.2710

cwgibson
06-29-13, 19:32
Bobs custom firearms palmetto ga