PDA

View Full Version : Selling complete rifles w/ other companies lowers kosher?

eternal24k
05-29-11, 10:23
I just came across a company building up "interesting" looking rifles, one of them being built up with a Noveske lower receiver and a barrel from Black Hole Weaponry (never heard of them before now) .

Is this legit? Can someone just buy stripped lowers and do as they feel? I have never seen a company do it and I just figured you would need the lowers blessing to build them up and sell as a rifle, seems like anybody without the knowledge base that gets one through any other means would then think they have a Noveske rifle.

So is it socially/legally acceptable?

Facejackets
05-29-11, 10:41
I'm not an expert, but as long as you aren't marketing the rifle as a factory built rifle, you are good.

If you build a Noveske N4 lower up and sell it as a "custom AR built on a Noveske lower" rather than a "Noveske factory built custom blah blah blah" you should be ok.

But, if you start buying lowers and uppers in bulk, build them up, and sell then for a profit, the ATF may want to take their 11% from you and stick you with some illegal manufacturing charges.

But please don't take my post as gold, I am sure someone who has a better answer will chime in and rip my ass for giving bad info.

Stickman
05-29-11, 13:04
So is it socially/legally acceptable?

Socially acceptable? No.

Legally acceptable? It would depend on a few variables.

What company?

eternal24k
05-29-11, 13:10
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=211997562155358&set=o.52233792656&type=1&theater

Dale Gribble
05-29-11, 13:14
Hard to take them serious when they build a "Zombie Killer" line.

outrider627
05-29-11, 14:55
RAR Guns. I remember one of their guys started posting here with a signature that said "RAR Guns, BEST AR15s ON THE PLANET" or something like that. That did not go over well. I think we ran them off the forum. :sarcastic: Look through their rifle offerings to see the kind of item descriptions I'm talking about. Apparently their rifles are closer to issued M4s than Colt 6920/6921s. :lol:

They seem to be a shop that just assembles rifles from an odd selection of parts. Some are from quality companies, some are...questionable. I wouldn't buy anything from them. They're doing what any regular jackoff can do with tools and some spare time, assemble parts into a rifle.

MistWolf
05-29-11, 16:57
It's legal and acceptable. Why wouldn't it be? Building and selling "custom" firearms from somebody else's receivers has always been part of the landscape

christcorp
05-29-11, 17:11
I wouldn't be the least surprised if Noveske, colt, lmt, s&w, or any other manufacturer didn't coordinate sales with 3rd party companies for pieces to build 3rd party rifles. Most companies are way over-priced anyway. They are producing their rifles and receivers anyway; why not make some extras that are guaranteed to be sold. Not saying this is what's happening, but I would bet a dollar to a box of donuts, that Noveske is well aware that their receivers are part of a 3rd party producer's gun. How else do you explain selling dozens "OR MORE" receivers to one buyer in the same order??? To think Noveske doesn't know this, is naive. If I cared, I'd call Noveske and get their opinion on the practice. I doubt they'll stop selling lowers in bulk.

M4Guru
05-29-11, 17:18
Plus, I mean, these guys seem legit...

"Never Jam" custom cut feed ramps bitches! Definitely NOT cut with a Dremel. Definitely not...

This is a true mil-spec rifle made from the same parts used by SOCOM, US

Army, US Navy, US Air Force, US Marine Corps and

other government agencies and bureaus.

Specifications:

R.A.R. Forged Match Grade Upper with Forward Assist

R.A.R. Forged Match Grade Lower

Wilson Arms or Green Mountain 16.0" Barrel

M4 Hand Guard with Heat Shields

M4 Six Position Collapsible Stock with Sling Attachment

YHM Flip Up Front Sight/ Gas Block

A2 Flash Hider

M4 Battle Grip

5.56 NATO Chamber Polished and Military Head Spaced

Custom Cut "Never Jam"M4 Style Feed Ramps

Fitzghan
05-29-11, 19:42
Funny....I haven't seen to many Wilson Arms barrels or YHM gas blocks out here. Some "never jam" feedramps sound amazing though....it is about time somebody cracked that nut. Oh and thank goodness the chamber is "military" head spaced.

What a joke!:suicide:

Dutchy556
05-29-11, 21:34
Legal? sure... Socially acceptable? In what circles?

The RAR Guns M413 is the closest you can get to a real M4 without needing a special license.

This is a true mil-spec rifle made from the same parts used by SOCOM, US Army, US Navy, US Air Force, US Marine Corps and other government agencies and bureaus.

"true mil spec" blah blah blah? Yeaaahhh... about that...

I would say that I'm surprised that companies like this can stay in business but sadly I'm not... I'm sure they have a lot of very happy, blissfully ignorant customers.

Tons of crap with the odd decent part sprinkled in.

ETA: Hey, looks like you can get "commie guns" too, like a PSL in "7062 x 54r" that's been "completely rebuild from the ground up". Jesus...

Axcelea
05-29-11, 22:03
Some things like this makes me wonder if some guy has a list of what they can scrap together on demand that will make a large profit and just throws it out there to see if he can get bites. Could be there are just a lot of idiots out there :jester:

Have to say I am not a fan of "M4 battle grips" :laugh:

Anyhow I am assuming its legal as long as they do not fraudulently pass it off as something else. Not sure what recourse a company could have if they sell someone a product that they then think is being used wrong (such as to make a product that can make the company of the part look bad by extension, dangerously, or what ever) unless there is a contract done between the seller. If its kosher or not it depends who it is, company might love it because it is sales, they might frown upon it, same with individuals.

Luke_Y
05-30-11, 14:54
WE ARE VERY PROUD AND PRIVILEGED TO HAVE BUILT RIFLES FOR THE ARMY SPECIAL FORCES, MARINES, US NAVY SEALS, ICE, FBI AND MULTIPLE LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES AROUND THE COUNTRY

Mmmm Hmmm :rolleyes:

justin_247
05-30-11, 18:08
Mmmm Hmmm :rolleyes:

WHAT!? I thought Vulcan made "the machine guns of the special forces!" That can't be right!

LOL!

Fitzghan
05-30-11, 18:09
So these clowns have a 14.5 inch piston gun "inspired by Navy EOD"? Interesting since the last time I saw a Navy EOD guy which was by my count three days ago they all carry MK18's. This kind of stuff makes my blood boil. Slap American flags and all kinds of false B.S. about how you supply the nations elite all over your website just to make a buck off of somebody to ignorant to know the difference. What a disgrace.

fireblast713
05-30-11, 18:17
So these clowns have a 14.5 inch piston gun "inspired by Navy EOD"? Interesting since the last time I saw a Navy EOD guy which was by my count three days ago they all carry MK18's. This kind of stuff makes my blood boil. Slap American flags and all kinds of false B.S. about how you supply the nations elite all over your website just to make a buck off of somebody to ignorant to know the difference. What a disgrace.

There's a lot of false advertising in the firearms world... take extreme shock ammo for example (they're so off the wall I thought that it was a fake company the first time I saw their ninja'ed out website)

Quentin
05-31-11, 00:24
WE ARE VERY PROUD AND PRIVILEGED TO HAVE BUILT RIFLES FOR THE ARMY SPECIAL FORCES, MARINES, US NAVY SEALS, ICE, FBI AND MULTIPLE LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES AROUND THE COUNTRY

I wonder here if they really are saying "we built a rifle or two for individuals who are/were members of (the above). :D

IZinterrogator
05-31-11, 07:34
I wonder here if they really are saying "we built a rifle or two for individuals who are/were members of (the above). :DProbably their accountants and admin clerks. :rolleyes:

markm
05-31-11, 08:57

Yeah... They built guns for all of those guys.

It's just that those guys never new about it.... and the weapons got sold to fat dirt shooters on ARFcom when the Seals didn't come pick up their guns! :jester:

gunrunnerusmc03
05-31-11, 16:19
Those RAR guys are the same dipshits who claimed they created the most revolutionary charging handle ever, "best improvement to the ar-15 since the 5.56 round" they said. Then posted a video of them demonstrating said charging handle..flagging the camera operator multiple times while shooting up the forest.