PDA

View Full Version : Sig P220/Hammer spring question

EBC79
05-29-11, 15:56
The trigger pull on my 220 I just bought is tough and somewhat uneven. When comparing the 220 to my 229 9mm which had around a 10lb pull it feels quite a bit tougher. I took the gun to the range and it was extremely accurate, but I would like to make the DA pull a bit easier.

Any reason in particular the 220 feels that much tougher? It has the older type hammer spring.

If I change the hammer spring to a Wolff 19lb spring will the difference in pull be quite a bit? Will it make the DA pull a bit smoother?

KhanRad
05-29-11, 16:18
I'd stay away from aftermarket springs......stick with Sig Sauer factory springs. If you have an old style captured main spring, then sometimes it can feel a little rough. A better solution might be to order a new style hammer strut, mainspring, and mainspring seat. It's easier to change out springs and work on the gun as well with the new style assembly.

Dienekes
05-29-11, 18:13
Quite a few years ago I took the SIG armorer's course--still have the manual. I got myself a 220 about 5-6 years ago and among other things modified the trigger to short contour and had SIG do a "trigger job" on the DA. It was still not too good and I did more work on it myself. It still wasn't what I wanted. I even converted it to DAO for a bit, but in the end I could NEVER shoot it as well as a 1911. It was me, not the gun, because I have a friend who shot the 220 VERY well.

All I know is that in my case the 220 wasn't for me. Some times the magic works, sometimes it doesn't. :jester: