PDA

View Full Version : Thank you.

Belmont31R
05-29-11, 19:30
I have no illusions about what little I can add now to the silent testimony of those who gave their lives willingly for their country. Words are even more feeble on this Memorial Day, for the sight before us is that of a strong and good nation that stands in silence and remembers those who were loved and who, in return, loved their countrymen enough to die for them.

-RR

http://youtu.be/Qgzhw9U9Bok

DocHolliday01
05-29-11, 19:44
Well said Belmont.

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."

sammage
05-29-11, 19:44
Thanks to all who served, and those who continue to serve.

VooDoo6Actual
05-29-11, 19:52
Thank you to those who serve, have served & sacrificed so others can live in free world as they know it.

I'm working protecting some individuals as I write this.

Too bad so many people forget their freedoms & privileges they receive from those who serve that protect them from Terrorism & Tyranny et Alia.

"If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English thank a Soldier."

SeriousStudent
05-29-11, 19:53
Indeed. My thanks and thoughts to those paid the ultimate price for the defense of our country. And I would send prayers for their families, on this holiday and every day.

ssracer
05-29-11, 20:31
Something I threw together

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3450/5773697285_108ba635de_b.jpg

Thank you to all our troops past and present

RD62
05-29-11, 20:36
My thanks to everyone who is serving and who have served.

I only wish more Americans recognized this day for it's true meaning and intent and less as a time for beer, bbq's, and discount sales. (Not that the first two are all bad...)

Scoby
05-29-11, 20:50
God bless them all.

Thanks for the video Belmont.
My late Dad was a US Marine. Buried with military honors in 2008. Sergent presented the flag to my son who was then 12 yo. Even though it was my Dad, I've never been so moved by anything. It was special and my son will never forget it.