PDA

View Full Version : SureFire X300 question for M&P

barca101
05-30-11, 10:55
I recently bought an M&P9 FS and the weapons light won't lock up into the slot. I tried both the universal and picatinny rail assembly, but still encountered the same problem. It works fine with my Glock 19. What did you do to fix it?

cgcorrea
05-30-11, 11:15
It should be locking without any modification. Mine locks on my M&P 45 perfectly with the "U" latch. Are you sure everything on the light is put together correctly?

MookNW
05-30-11, 11:23
My X300 needs a little pressure put on the bezel with the palm of my hand using the out of box light configuration (universal?). It's in there very snug. I always do a chamber check before putting it on or taking it off,as to not lose a digit.:)

Joe R.
05-30-11, 13:05
Like MookNW, mine required a firm push on the bezel to get the cross bar to lock.

AllanRR
05-30-11, 13:13
Like MookNW, mine required a firm push on the bezel to get the cross bar to lock.

Same here. I tap the bezel with the palm of my hand then I get an audible "click" from the "U" crossbar.

My X300 used to be mounted on my G19 but when I got my MP, I found that I needed to adjust the X3's rails slightly to get a better fit on the MP.

G34Shooter
05-30-11, 13:25

Same.

karmapolice
05-30-11, 13:26
mine required the same thing and then slightly got easier overtime. There also is a a back piece of plastic that buts up against the trigger guard that can be removed (in between the toggle switch), there are little retaining pins that can be pushed in and the little piece will come out. There is still a small offset lip at the top but it opens up a cavity that gives it more space between the light and trigger guard and did not compromise the tightness and still locks firmly for me but with out the need to push as hard on the bezel to get it to lock in to place.

FromMyColdDeadHand
05-30-11, 13:59
I used the P latch since it seemed like it was wider and would lock up with the whole rail slot. Neither U or P would work for me on my M&P 9MM FS with Safety, so I took some sand paper and relieved a bit of the trigger guard, near the top to get it to fit. I put a little grease on the back of the X300 to see where exactly it was hitting the trigger guard and just took a bit off there. I had already modified under the trigger guard so that I could fit my pinky all the way on the grip, so a little more mod was not an issue. I do have the touch of a gorrilla I'm told, and I couldn't get the U or P to work with out modification, and I got after it pretty well. Do be carefull, because once it fits, it fits well.

bleaman225
05-30-11, 18:32
I used the P latch since it seemed like it was wider and would lock up with the whole rail slot. Neither U or P would work for me on my M&P 9MM FS with Safety, so I took some sand paper and relieved a bit of the trigger guard, near the top to get it to fit. I put a little grease on the back of the X300 to see where exactly it was hitting the trigger guard and just took a bit off there. I had already modified under the trigger guard so that I could fit my pinky all the way on the grip, so a little more mod was not an issue. I do have the touch of a gorrilla I'm told, and I couldn't get the U or P to work with out modification, and I got after it pretty well. Do be carefull, because once it fits, it fits well.

Did the same on both of mine. Only I went for the glory with a dremel. Turned out fine and now the x300 and the trigger guard do not touch at all.

If you don't want to remove material, then just smash that bastard on there. It should click into place...

barca101
05-30-11, 18:50
I tried everything short of using a dremmel. The sucker won't go in. When I aligned the light next to the gun, if the light was in the gun, the lens would slightly tilt upward and of course the controls down ward. I may have to buy a Streamlight.;)

Dos Cylindros
05-30-11, 19:44
I tried everything short of using a dremmel. The sucker won't go in. When I aligned the light next to the gun, if the light was in the gun, the lens would slightly tilt upward and of course the controls down ward. I may have to buy a Streamlight.;)

I just got a small file and went to work on the front of the first pic slot on my FS M&P 45. After a short time, the light now snaps on with some palm pressure at the front. This is a fairly common issue with all M&P's and X300. I am using the P plate. I have a 45c comming next week and have a spare X200 with a u latch that I will be using on that one. I'll try to remember and report back when I try to mate that one up. Don't got for a lesser light when a small file will get you where you need to be.

karmapolice
05-30-11, 20:27
here is pictures of what I'm talking about, it requires no modification to the weapon to mount the light.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3390/5778479565_6ef5385ff1_b.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3010/5778478209_7ec25af23a_b.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5144/5779021570_1b3808ab29_b.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2432/5779019674_7daa27e7ed_b.jpg

barca101
06-01-11, 07:54
I emailed SureFire and they instructed me to loosen the rail attachment screws and slide into the gun rail and then tighten the screws. It actually worked.

Again, Thanks All

SteveL
06-01-11, 10:28
Glad you got it sorted out. Mine was also very tight to start with when using the U latch. It needed a little "help" to lock into place. I would slide the light on and back very tightly to the trigger guard and then push up on the latch tabs and pop it into place. Now it's been on and off several times and it goes on and locks into place with no problem. I also tried it with the crossbar latch and it was tight, but worked as well.

cgcorrea
06-01-11, 20:22
Thanks for the update. I'm glad you got it sorted out. I knew it had to be some kind of discrepancy with the mounting hardware. Now, time to get the thing dirty!