PDA

View Full Version : Any experience with USO St-6?

idreamt...
05-30-11, 11:36
Been drooling over the USO St-6 the past few days on their website. I like the ACOGish fixed magnification, and it's half the price of the 6x ACOG. Just wondering if it's overkill and if the fixed 4x or the 1.5-6x may be better suited for a 16in Noveske Light Recce. I will be getting the illuminated reticle, and can configure the turrets the same on any optic.
Gun will be used for classes, but will be fitted with a T-1 during class. I would like to utilize the long range accuracy of this barrel which is why I'm considering the offerings from US Optics.
Any thoughts or insights would be great,
Thank you.

Singlestack Wonder
05-30-11, 20:49
USO scopes are top tier in quality. Their illumination is for lowlight/night use only and is not daylight visible. Personally I would choose the varible optic.

Kahlendrrari
06-19-11, 09:34
I have been drooling over the SN4 1.5-6 for a LOOOOOOOOOONG time now, I personally would get the variable power, being that at 1-50 yds that fixed 6X is going to seriously limit your field of view.

check out the C2 reticle they made for the SN4 here http://www.vitaminpwww.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1818908&page=1

Kahlendrrari
06-19-11, 09:35
I have been drooling over the SN4 1.5-6 for a LOOOOOOOOOONG time now, I personally would get the variable power, being that at 1-50 yds that fixed 6X is going to seriously limit your field of view.

check out the C2 reticle they made for the SN4 here http://www.vitaminpwww.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1818908&page=1

Alaskapopo
06-20-11, 04:19
Been drooling over the USO St-6 the past few days on their website. I like the ACOGish fixed magnification, and it's half the price of the 6x ACOG. Just wondering if it's overkill and if the fixed 4x or the 1.5-6x may be better suited for a 16in Noveske Light Recce. I will be getting the illuminated reticle, and can configure the turrets the same on any optic.
Gun will be used for classes, but will be fitted with a T-1 during class. I would like to utilize the long range accuracy of this barrel which is why I'm considering the offerings from US Optics.
Any thoughts or insights would be great,
Thank you.

A fixed 6x is way too much for general purpose. Get a good low power variable.
Pat