PDA

View Full Version : Eagle Industries Stock Pack on Reduced LOP Stock?

Travis B
05-31-11, 00:18
Sorry to keep blowing up the subforum, but I can't seem to find a lot of information on the internet for my proposed set up. Anyways, does anyone know if this (http://www.opticsplanet.net/eagle-industries-shooter-039-s-stock-pack-shotgun.html) will work on, for instance, a Hogue 12" LOP stock? All the pictures I see look like a full length stock and I don't want it hanging over the edges.

Thanks in advance!

Dennis
05-31-11, 19:36
I have used similar setups with a reduced length stock and odds are it will cause issues depending on your cheek, shoulder, and hand position. You will likely max out the available area and even have to custom fix the straps somehow to hold onto the smaller stock. You really have to minimize any stock pouch signature with reduced LOP stocks. My best solution on my 5+ stocks is to glue a long strip of 2" velcro to the stock, this allows you to use an elastic carrier with velcro and position it in a way to not interfere with your hand/shoulder/cheek positions. Plus, you can instantly "reload" it as well!

Dennis.

Travis B
05-31-11, 19:49
I have used similar setups with a reduced length stock and odds are it will cause issues depending on your cheek, shoulder, and hand position. You will likely max out the available area and even have to custom fix the straps somehow to hold onto the smaller stock. You really have to minimize any stock pouch signature with reduced LOP stocks. My best solution on my 5+ stocks is to glue a long strip of 2" velcro to the stock, this allows you to use an elastic carrier with velcro and position it in a way to not interfere with your hand/shoulder/cheek positions. Plus, you can instantly "reload" it as well!

Dennis.
Thanks for the reply, Dennis. My only issue with a shell holder is that it gives me no raised cheek position. The sights on my shotgun are M16 height so I need a stock with a raised cheek weld. Maybe I can mod the Eagle one.

Dennis
05-31-11, 20:07
Thanks for the reply, Dennis. My only issue with a shell holder is that it gives me no raised cheek position. The sights on my shotgun are M16 height so I need a stock with a raised cheek weld. Maybe I can mod the Eagle one.

If you minimize the rear strap so the rear is flush with the stock, the only issue would be the front of the pouch getting in the way of your hand grip. Maybe a glue on cheek riser would work better? Or buy the eagle pouch from somewhere returnable!

Good Luck,

Dennis.