PDA

View Full Version : DC resident needs place to store and shoot AR

120mm
05-31-11, 01:11
So... My best friend is female, doesn't frequent internet forums, lives in DC and wants a gun club or other place where she can both store and shoot her BCM/Seekins carbine we are going to build sometime next month.

Is there any such critter in NoVA? Assuming it is legal for a DC resident to do this.

I promised I'd ask around, so here I am, asking around.

Thanks!

TOrrock
05-31-11, 05:28
I have absolutely no first hand experience with these guys, but they can't shake some political blunders they've made (such as backing Hillary for prez).

http://www.silvereaglegroup.com/firearms-training/range-use

Bruce in WV
05-31-11, 07:23
Go to the 'Virginias' section within the Hometown group of that other site and ask about it there.

innocuous_username
05-31-11, 07:31
I haven't found much in northern VA. Best bet is the range at the NRA headquarters. They have a good facility, but it's a drive from DC and tends to be busy.

R0N
06-01-11, 04:31
You are kind of SOL here in NOVA. In 2013 Henderson Hall will be opening a shooting range that will offer on rent-able, site storage.

120mm
06-01-11, 06:24
Ouch.

My guess is she either needs to leave her guns with me, (which means she cannot shoot very often) or find a friend who'll store them while she pursues her plan of living in DC.

intensional
07-13-11, 14:11
I'm willing to donate some safe-space to such a good cause. :D Plus the only way my wife would let another AR into the home is if it didn't belong to me!

We moved to the area almost 2 years ago, and chose NOVA (and to avoid DC) for the whole gun issue. Unfortunately, I don't know of any storage places.

Not sure if you're still looking for ranges, but I do shoot AR's frequently at the NRA and less frequently at Blue Ridge Arsenal.