PDA

View Full Version : Stock HK triggers getting better, Maybe

Pappabear
05-31-11, 19:52
I purchased the P30 LS in 40 cal last weekend. In comparing it to my other 2 HK's, the trigger is improved in smoothing out the pull.

On the first round, double action it is much more smooth. Both my HK 45 and P30 9mm are fairly gritty. I had the P30 9mm (worked over by Bill Springfield, that guy that does trigger work on HK's, or changes springs or whatever he does to make a little improvement for cheap).

The newer HK is smoother than both, even after a little mod done by Bill. The reset still sucks compared to Glocks or 1911's, but is better that my original P30 in 9mm.

The HK45 reset is the best of the bunch. But it appears HK is doing like many good manufactures and taking baby steps to improve their products. My other , obvious observation is the Long slide goes a long way in taming that snappy 40 cal. Very comfortable to shoot.

Sample of 3 mind you.

one
05-31-11, 19:53
Well, I kind of was thinking that the DA pull on my 45C was somewhat better than any of my previous HK pistols.

I just figured I was crazy.

Pappabear
05-31-11, 19:55
That 45C is sweet. Hows it shoot?

one
06-01-11, 00:15
It shoots great. I just mailed in the slide this afternoon to Heinie to have a set of their #3960 Suppressor height sights installed. Should have it back next week.

Then it should shoot like a house afire.

Mark71
06-01-11, 01:09
This is good news as one of the complaints I have with the newer line of DA/SA HK handguns is the inconsistency of their triggers. The newer guns (HK45,P30,HK45c) each have a much different trigger. My USP (both compact and fullsize) triggers all felt the same.

I wish every HK had as nice a trigger as my HK45. The trigger has a very smooth D/A with a crisp S/A and short reset. Even better then my old USP's with the factory Match Trigger.

cochraneap
06-02-11, 10:44
The trigger on my P30L in 9mm sucked at first, but after shooting a few hundred rounds...and dryfiring it another few hundred times...it has smoothed out a lot.

VooDoo6Actual
06-02-11, 10:51
My HK45C's triggers are among the best SA/DA I have used to date.
They have improved and the trigger imo, & the ergonomics/function/efficacy on that gun are hard to beat.
I do have to use 10 rounders as the 8 rounders are too small for my hand & a proper grip.
imo, HK got it right w/ that pistol vs. all the other USP's varients et alia.

Pistol Shooter
06-02-11, 11:37
The trigger on my P30L in 9mm sucked at first, but after shooting a few hundred rounds...and dryfiring it another few hundred times...it has smoothed out a lot.

+1

I've had the same experience with my P30 L.

My trigger was pretty good right out of the box though. :D

06-02-11, 14:17
My P-30 is about a 1.5 years old. The trigger when I got it was heavy and gritty. Now it's just heavy. It has smoothed out a lot since I got it. I didn't get it as a target pistol, I find it manageable.

Tacoma213
06-13-11, 05:32
Oddly enough, I own 9 HK's of various sizes in 40 and 45 and all triggers were very good. Then I go to my local fun shop and their triggers aren't as good. Mr. Heckler and Mr. Koch just like me. I guess I am just lucky that way.

Failure2Stop
06-13-11, 07:53
There are a few statements about triggers not meeting expectation. For those of you that answered, which trigger versions are you using?

one
06-13-11, 09:00
I was refering to the DA/SA variant. However I routinely carry the gun in single action mode with the V9 (Non decocking) plate installed.

I just got to playing around with it one afternoon and dry fired it DA and happened upon what I thought to be a lighter DA than normal on previous HK's.

KhanRad
06-13-11, 09:38
Well that's good to know. It looks like I'll be making the switch from Sigs to a P30 for duty use, and I still can't decide if I want to go V3 or V1.

06-14-11, 00:48
I was just posting about this over on HKPro. I picked up a new USPc 9mm today and I'll be darned if that trigger isn't WAY better than any of my other HK's. It is better than my HK45c (German-born) for sure. Although I haven't compared it to my USA-born 45c.

I thought i was going nutts too, but the DA and SA are both much better than my other HK guns.

I woud love to find out what has actually changed.

KhanRad
06-14-11, 00:57
How recent of a change are we talking about here? Post 2005?....post 2010?.....

one
06-14-11, 01:53
Something that sticks in my mind is that when the 45C was going through adoption as the Mk 24 Mod 0 the Navy required that something be done with the Double action trigger. I believe I read that in a thread here.

xarmyguy77
06-14-11, 06:55
Trigger on my usp40c is dogpoop. I bought it around 99-00. Pull is not very good, reset even worse. I expected so much more, especially for that price!