PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Busch wanna go fast!

Travis B
05-31-11, 20:35
It seems that the Coca-Cola 600 wasn't fast enough for him so he decided to take his loaned Lexus LFA ($400K price tag for those interested-- please let me ride with you!) out for a spin...going ticketed for 128MPH in a 45MPH!

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jNJ9FSVDZ--uIjtZQbqUTwwB18eg?docId=fea201014d304fbaa6075f1bfa63840e

Avenger29
05-31-11, 21:40
I saw that eariler. Fool could have killed somebody...these "rural backroads" are often rather heavy with traffic, and that includes slow moving vehicles such as tractors. Track driving does NOT equal road driving...

Belmont31R
05-31-11, 22:00
Thats because the US has some of the shittiest roads with the worst speed laws in the civilized world.

Skyyr
06-01-11, 10:03
You know, sometimes people purposely take things out of context just so they can look like they're making a point and post something on a public forum.

I saw that eariler. Fool could have killed somebody...these "rural backroads" are often rather heavy with traffic, and that includes slow moving vehicles such as tractors. Track driving does NOT equal road driving...

"Heavy with traffic"? Compared to what? Certainly not a) city roads, b) suburban routes, or c) metropolitan areas. While I don't approve of his choice, a rural roadway was THE safest place he could have done it, aside from an actual track.

If you think speed limits are for safety, you're either uneducated or delusional. They were first implemented to save gas during war time with the unspoken premise they would be removed after the war was over (sort of like other "control" laws we have, huh?). After the war was over, the speed limits were kept and used for a) control and b) a source of revenue all under the false assumption that it was for "safety."

Fact: The US has more accidents per driver than any other Western nation.

Fact: European countries with few or no speed limits have LESS accidents and fatalities than we do.

There is nothing inherently wrong or unsafe with fast driving, aside from the fact you might break the law doing it. You also failed to mention that many of these "rural" roadways have many 2 and 3-mile long stretches of road, which is really the only place you could get your car up to 128mph. Let's also not forget that Kyle Bush is a professional driver and knows when to accelerate and when to decelerate.

The only issue here is he broke the law (if you're concerned with that sort of thing). Trying to play him out to be a wreckless demon because he went fast is a liberal mindset.

ssracer
06-01-11, 11:08
And unlike in the US I believe most of those European countries require more than a test a drunken chimpanzee could pass to get your license.