PDA

View Full Version : Why Glock?

Surf
06-01-11, 02:18
My progression into the Glock pistol and one of the things that I noticed and that I feel allows me to shoot the Glock pistol with greater speed and accuracy of follow ups. And yes I am a traditional 1911 guy. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgKtVDRJuIA

JHC
06-01-11, 10:57
I enjoyed it. I took pretty well to the Glocks staight away and found them to orient true and fast so I've never understood the dislike so many have with how they "point".
And I never bothered to analyze the why. But your depiction of the forward rolled wrist cant rang a bell with me as to why they feel so flat handling to me as I'm convinced my wrist and forearms are stonger in that rolled forward position than perfectly straight.
All this time I thought it was just low bore axis but that alone may be over stated.

darr3239
06-01-11, 11:19
Good video. When speaking of faster follow-up shots, I wish there was a visual showing the difference in distance between bore axis and the top of the hand, between Glocks and other handguns.

Compared to my Glocks, my Sig's bore is quite a bit higher than the web of my hand, which leads to an increased recoil angle. The result is slower follow-up shots, just simply due to the geometric forces involved.

Nephrology
06-01-11, 11:22
Nice mug. I need one. I broke my last Glock pen just the other day!

BBJones13
06-01-11, 14:07
Nice mug. I need one. I broke my last Glock pen just the other day!

Don't limp wrist the pens or they will fail. :)

ReaperAZ
06-01-11, 14:18
As I am a subsrciber to you channel I saw the Why Glock vid when it came up. Another great vid Surf. I got a good chuckle when you were taking the sip from your mug.:D

Nephrology
06-01-11, 16:47
Don't limp wrist the pens or they will fail. :)

I think mine was a Gen 4 pen too...

jtc556
06-01-11, 22:02
Great video and subtle humor. I'll be watching for more.

Surf
06-01-11, 23:34
Glad you guys enjoy the vids. I really find that my primary shooting hands position and slight cant of the wrist (working in similar theory to the 45* support hand cant) which the angle of the Glock places my primary hand is looking to be a reason why I am able to run the the Glock pistol well. I actually feel that this position gives me more support over a more traditional grip angle design that we here may be more used to. At least that is something that I am surmising anyway.

And yes, my subtle humor often goes unnoticed. Even in real life those I teach often don't know if I am serious or kidding. I can give a ridiculous answer for something but my dead serious delivery can often be confusing. Right up to the point where I have to laugh. :D

DOA
06-02-11, 01:06
As I am a subsrciber to you channel I saw the Why Glock vid when it came up. Another great vid Surf. I got a good chuckle when you were taking the sip from your mug.:D

Same:)

l8apex
06-02-11, 01:23
Surf, you've got some good videos on the channel. Keep up the good work and videos-the 'what does 1.18 secs look like' [PT Fast Drill] is excellent as well.