PDA

View Full Version : Need a new War Belt

ffhounddog
06-01-11, 12:14
I was looking at my gear and I am tired of switching my P229 and M9 gear back and forth and I would like to get another War Belt. I have ats one right now with the Blue Force Gear inner belt and I was thinking of getting another but I read all these threads of different makers now.

I would like to get one that I can wear with gear on getting ready for the A-Stan. Which means I need to get something in Tan/Brown or Green.

Any ideas on makers. I see HSGI makes one, One by VTAC, and of course the SOC-C belt.

Won't be able to get it for a bit a few weeks need to pay the lawyer in keeping me from paying my now ex wife money.

ffh

bluesgt380
06-01-11, 12:50
OSOE gear and diamondback Tactical. Eagle Tactical nylon... All excellent .

militarymoron
06-01-11, 13:41
here's another to add to the list:
http://cryeprecision.com/P-BLCB0102LG0/Low-Profile-Belt%E2%84%A2

ffhounddog
06-01-11, 13:48
Did not know about the Crye Precision belt. I had only thought of the armor belts. Thanks!

ffh

Dave_M
06-01-11, 21:46
HSGI's new SureGrip belt is the best I've ever used. It really really stays put.

drtywk
06-01-11, 22:22
Don't forget the soon to be released Battle Belt and suspenders from Tactical Tailor: http://soldiersystems.net/2011/05/06/tactical-tailor-fight-light-preview/

These things are sweet. Super comfortable, low profile and with some features not found on other belts. Plus the price will be very competitive.

titsonritz
06-01-11, 22:29
OSOE gear and diamondback Tactical. Eagle Tactical nylon... All excellent .

Good luck getting an OSOE War Belt.

SteveL
06-01-11, 22:38
Have you looked at the Infidel (http://www.usgruntgear.com/inpawarbe.html) or Warhog (http://www.usgruntgear.com/wamobe.html) belts from US Grunt Gear?

http://www.usgruntgear.com/

One of our members here recently got the Infidel belt and posted a review of it. Be sure to check out his video review as well.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showpost.php?p=1010337&postcount=661

I don't know how fast you need it. I talked to Robert at US Grunt Gear on the phone today because I placed an order for myself and he told me the current wait time is about 7-8 weeks. IIRC he posted somewhere a while back that he can work with you if you have a time constraint. Give him a call and see what he can do for you if you need it sooner than that.

titsonritz
06-01-11, 22:41
Have you looked here?

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=214

ffhounddog
06-02-11, 03:29
I did look at the stickied page and I read the review of the Grunt Gear one. Thanks!

rob_s
06-02-11, 08:54
I love my USGG belts, and had sworn off "battle belts" until I got my first one, but if you're crunched for time they may not be workable for you.

ffhounddog
06-02-11, 08:58
Not on crunch time still have my ATS Warbelt setup. Might go with a Ranger Green just so it goes with ACU and Multi-Cam Just need to get the pouches and I have a plethora of ACU kit and coyote brown/multicam kit.

Logicalpath
06-05-11, 08:49
I love my USGG belts, and had sworn off "battle belts" until I got my first one, but if you're crunched for time they may not be workable for you.

I ordered one Friday but I didn't realize the backorder at the time. As a result I've kept looking and was really impressed with THIS HSGI (http://www.hsgi.us/proddetail.asp?prod=HSG-SGPB&cat=18) belt. I really like the TACO system they have. Do you think I should hold out for the USGG and just use the HSGI TACOS on that belt? Do you have any feedback on this HSGI belt that you think would be useful?

Logicalpath
06-05-11, 08:52
HSGI's new SureGrip belt is the best I've ever used. It really really stays put.

Do you have any pictures of your setup?

rob_s
06-05-11, 10:48
I ordered one Friday but I didn't realize the backorder at the time. As a result I've kept looking and was really impressed with THIS HSGI (http://www.hsgi.us/proddetail.asp?prod=HSG-SGPB&cat=18) belt. I really like the TACO system they have. Do you think I should hold out for the USGG and just use the HSGI TACOS on that belt? Do you have any feedback on this HSGI belt that you think would be useful?

I haven't used the HSGI belt. I use the TACO on my USGG belt.

Rattlehead
06-05-11, 16:24
I love my USGG belts

+1 to that. I've been using a USGG Warhog for about four or five months, very comfortable and versatile. On top of that, they have excellent customer service.

Logicalpath
06-05-11, 19:17
Alright, I guess I'll stay put and wait for my order to arrive.

I also ordered the USGG M16/M4 Modular Triple Pouch(AR&9MM), does anyone run the USGG pouches? I'm just wondering if I should cancel that portion of the order & instead purchase the single TACO pouches from HSGI.

HES
06-06-11, 00:03
Don't forget the soon to be released Battle Belt and suspenders from Tactical Tailor: http://soldiersystems.net/2011/05/06/tactical-tailor-fight-light-preview/

These things are sweet. Super comfortable, low profile and with some features not found on other belts. Plus the price will be very competitive.
Look at that, everything that is old again is new again. It's my old LBE update for the 21st century. :D

I don't mean that as a dig. Honestly to me that makes a lot of sense. I have never figured out the guys who wear a war belt and wind up putting all of the pressure on their hips.

The way I see it, many folks will wear a chest rig to hold 3 or 4 mags and use that to feed a mag holster or two on their belt. That same belt is holding other gear like a pistol, mags, light, etc.. That is a lot of weight for your hips. So why not combine a belt with a split front chest rig so that the shoulders are bearing the weight? Maybe I don't know what I am talking about, but it seems to be a logical combination to me.

Sorry for dragging this OT.

SteveL
06-06-11, 06:23
Look at that, everything that is old again is new again. It's my old LBE update for the 21st century. :D

I don't mean that as a dig. Honestly to me that makes a lot of sense. I have never figured out the guys who wear a war belt and wind up putting all of the pressure on their hips.

The way I see it, many folks will wear a chest rig to hold 3 or 4 mags and use that to feed a mag holster or two on their belt. That same belt is holding other gear like a pistol, mags, light, etc.. That is a lot of weight for your hips. So why not combine a belt with a split front chest rig so that the shoulders are bearing the weight? Maybe I don't know what I am talking about, but it seems to be a logical combination to me.

Sorry for dragging this OT.

In my experience it's preferable to carry weight on the hips vs. the shoulders. I believe this is also why high quality hiking/camping backpacks are made to minimize the weight on the shoulders and place most/all the load onto the hips.

I have to wear an SCBA on a semi-regular basis for work (fire service). While these are not particularly heavy (any more) I've learned over the years that when I adjust the straps putting the weight on my shoulders vs. my hips that I tire out a good bit faster than the other way around.

rob_s
06-06-11, 06:31
Alright, I guess I'll stay put and wait for my order to arrive.

I also ordered the USGG M16/M4 Modular Triple Pouch(AR&9MM), does anyone run the USGG pouches? I'm just wondering if I should cancel that portion of the order & instead purchase the single TACO pouches from HSGI.

I originally had the USGG pouches on my USGG belt. There is nothing wrong with them, and they are good pouches, I just wanted the modularity of the TACO which will allow me to carry virtually any type of rifle or carbine magazine.

black op
06-06-11, 08:21
In my experience it's preferable to carry weight on the hips vs. the shoulders. I believe this is also why high quality hiking/camping backpacks are made to minimize the weight on the shoulders and place most/all the load onto the hips.

I have to wear an SCBA on a semi-regular basis for work (fire service). While these are not particularly heavy (any more) I've learned over the years that when I adjust the straps putting the weight on my shoulders vs. my hips that I tire out a good bit faster than the other way around.

Yep better to have weight on hips rather than on shoulders. My back takes a serious beating when I put to much on the shoulders. Good advice Sir!

Logicalpath
06-06-11, 08:59
I originally had the USGG pouches on my USGG belt. There is nothing wrong with them, and they are good pouches, I just wanted the modularity of the TACO which will allow me to carry virtually any type of rifle or carbine magazine.

Gotcha, thanks Rob appreciate the feedback...as always.

Surf
06-06-11, 11:17
Gotta disagree on where the load is carried at least for myself and the way our guys adjust and wear their load. This goes for the way armor, a good ruck set up is carried, even our SCBA's. No such thing as the tank hanging low for us. Too much weight on the hips wreaks havoc on the lower back over extended periods of time. More correctly a good vest set up with say a cumberbund or belly type of strap should keep the load up off the hips and not so much on the shoulders but high on the back and the bodies core distributes the load and not the hips or shoulders. Even our SCBA belly straps are not on the hips.

I have been wearing loadouts from molle belts to full armor almost daily for well over a decade. The best thing that I did was to get everything off of my thighs and my hips and get it mounted on my armor. The critical part with the armor is proper adjustment where the load is carried correctly and not via the shoulders. This is what causes our guys the most problems with back and shoulders is that they don't carry the load correctly. The cumberbund or belly strap is one critical component to balancing the load properly.

If I wear my molle belt only my lower back is screaming after only a few hours. I would much rather be wearing an extra 30 lbs in my armor set up where everything is off my hips.

YMMV

Logicalpath
06-06-11, 11:24
Gotta disagree on where the load is carried at least for myself and the way our guys adjust and wear their load. This goes for the way armor, a good ruck set up is carried, even our SCBA's. No such thing as the tank hanging low for us. Too much weight on the hips wreaks havoc on the lower back over extended periods of time. More correctly a good vest set up with say a cumberbund or belly type of strap should keep the load up off the hips and not so much on the shoulders but high on the back and the bodies core distributes the load and not the hips or shoulders. Even our SCBA belly straps are not on the hips.

I have been wearing loadouts from molle belts to full armor almost daily for well over a decade. The best thing that I did was to get everything off of my thighs and my hips and get it mounted on my armor. The critical part with the armor is proper adjustment where the load is carried correctly and not via the shoulders. This is what causes our guys the most problems with back and shoulders is that they don't carry the load correctly. The cumberbund or belly strap is one critical component to balancing the load properly.

If I wear my molle belt only my lower back is screaming after only a few hours. I would much rather be wearing an extra 30 lbs in my armor set up where everything is off my hips.

YMMV

Conceivably couldn't someone get the suspenders and that would shift the carry weight to the same area you're referring to?

militarymoron
06-06-11, 13:57
having suspenders with a battle belt is more for keeping it from slipping down, rather than transferring all the weight to the shoulders.
suspenders allow you to decide what the weight distribution between the hips and shoulders are by adjusting the strap length. i basically adjust mine so that there's very little pressure on my shoulders, and the suspenders just keep them in place.
another plus to having them is that you don't have to keep the belt as tight to keep it from slipping down. you can also unbuckle the belt and have it hang off the suspenders if you need to, if you need to pull your pants down to take a dump, or just want to relax some pressure off the hips around camp etc.
for a backpack hip belt to work effectively, it has to be worn tight on the hips, which may be comfortable for hiking, but you may not need the mobility with a backpack that you might with a battle belt (running around, squatting, going prone etc), and may not want to wear a battle belt that tight.
some disadvantages of suspenders are that you can't take the belt off if you're wearing armour over the suspenders, or rotate the belt around on your hips to access pouches in the back (if you can't reach them).

Surf
06-07-11, 00:39
Conceivably couldn't someone get the suspenders and that would shift the carry weight to the same area you're referring to?Yes but that won't help the shoulders. What I mention above doesn't place stress on the shoulders either with a good cumberbund set up. The key is to get the belt or the load secure around the core (abdomen) and secured at that point and keep the load higher on the back. Same thing as in humping a heavy ruck where the key is high on the upper back.

As MM mentions for a warbelt you could tightly secure the belt higher off the hips around the core and use suspenders to hold them there. While it is not the most ideal it is a lot better than wearing say a warbelt that hangs or sags on the hips.