PDA

View Full Version : LMT Defender lower

black op
06-01-11, 12:52
Hey guys,

Anyone have any cons about this lower? I plan to mate it to a 14.5" BCM M4 upper. The price sure is right.

Thanks

SomeOtherGuy
06-01-11, 13:08
No significant cons. I'm not a big fan of the Ergo Grip it comes with, but that's easy to change out. As for "the price is right", it definitely is for the quality level, but it's far from the least expensive lower around.

Cameron
06-01-11, 13:13
I've had 3 and they have all been in spec and worked well with two BCM uppers.

Cameron

black op
06-01-11, 13:16
yeah, that will be the first thing to go is the grip. I am currently using a MAgpul Miad grip on my active AR right now. I have another Miad ill throw on this one. Def good price for the quality.

black op
06-01-11, 13:19
Thanks Cameron thats the kinda of info I am looking for.

Trunkmonkey4
06-01-11, 14:03
I have one, fits my BCM upper great.

Have another lower on the way. Best for the money.

hellbound
06-01-11, 14:18
I have two, both are form 1'd.

one from 2006, one from last year. both were assembled well, parts functioned smoothly, and they fit well with any upper i've put on them.

vecdran
06-01-11, 14:19
I have a Defender 2-stage lower on my rifle right now. Besides the fact that I didn't like the stock or grip, it's a fantastic lower. Dry-film buffer tube is nice and slippery. :cool:

It's no match trigger, but it's still an an above average 2-stage trigger.

There's a tiny bit of wobble when mated to my CMT upper.

vinsonr
06-01-11, 14:23
I have 4 LMT Defender 2000 lowers, two from complete MRP purchases, one from a custom build I bought, and my buddy's NFA registered one that I run my shorty MRP and Crusader uppers on.

They all work well, and I actually like the ergo grip, though I do have one MIAD and one MOE grip on two of them. Both my MRP upper and my Crusader upper have perfect fit with the NFA lower. My two MRP's also have really great fit with their original uppers and lowers.

The triggers are all the basic ones and are ok functionally, but I do think I'll upgrade one or two of them eventually. I'd have no problem buying more of these lowers to build a rifle up on.

Watrdawg
06-01-11, 14:37
I have one on my BCM 14.5 Middy. Fit's great and couldn't be happier. I actually like the Ergo grip. When I put together another AR I'll probably be using another LMT lower

black op
06-01-11, 14:43
Thanks for the feed back guys. Now to get my FFL guy and get this ordered

C4IGrant
06-01-11, 15:12
Good lowers. We have a bunch of L7C2's in stock if interested.

C4

badness
06-01-11, 15:34
i got one. It mates to an lmt upper like you wouldn't believe. No play at all. THen i put a nice little chip in it the day i brought it home. God i hate my life. :jester: :suicide2:

In any case. I'm sure it will work out perfectly for your bcm.

interfan
06-01-11, 21:05
Good lowers. We have a bunch of L7C2's in stock if interested.

C4

Grant, I saw the LMT lowers listed on your ready to ship lowers but they all had LEO markings. Do you have any without or is a can of Krylon in my future?

og556
06-01-11, 21:08
I owned one which was in spec, had a great receiver extension, and the standard trigger was pretty decent.

It fit my Noveske uppers with and without MUR just fine.

Rattlehead
06-01-11, 21:16
I have three of them, I think they're great.
Never had a problem with any of them.

C4IGrant
06-02-11, 08:11
Grant, I saw the LMT lowers listed on your ready to ship lowers but they all had LEO markings. Do you have any without or is a can of Krylon in my future?

We have standard LMT (non LE marked) lowers in stock as well (look on our LMT page).

C4

d90king
06-02-11, 08:24
Great lowers and Grant has a great selection at great members pricing... The SOPMOD is my preferred stock so its a no brainer. :ph34r:

pinzgauer
06-02-11, 10:18
+1 on the positive comments- Lower with two stage has been great! I'll probably never build another lower when I can get these at reasonable prices.

black op
06-02-11, 10:28
Kinda what I was thinking when I saw this. However, Since Grant gave me a heads up on his site I went ahead and bought the BCM lower. About the same price and for a few dollars more I got the stock I wanted and the MP ASAP also. All for under $400 shipped

ccosby
06-02-11, 17:29
Kinda what I was thinking when I saw this. However, Since Grant gave me a heads up on his site I went ahead and bought the BCM lower. About the same price and for a few dollars more I got the stock I wanted and the MP ASAP also. All for under $400 shipped

I have a lmt lower I did a form 1 on and a bcm lower I added an a2 stock to for a 20 inch rifle. You didn't loose anything going to the bcm lower(or gain anything for that matter). Both are good choices.

I will say though compared to the others I like the ergo grip. Got rid of the magpul grips I had for them after trying the one that came on my lmt.

Veracity
06-04-11, 13:42
I've run almost two thousand rounds through mine...and it's great.

I swapped out the stock and the grip...(but I use the Ergo on another rifle).

mike boufford
06-04-11, 14:10
Not sure what's not to like with the ergo grip. Mine works just fine by me and I'm most likely going to order a grip to replace the grip on my Colt.

usmcvet
06-04-11, 16:29
LMT Rocks, buy with confidence. You will have a BLT when you're done.

I still have the LMT lower but sold the BCM Middy 14.5" upper. I bought the Lower and a LMT SBR from Grant.

https://www.m4carbine.net/picture.php?albumid=279&pictureid=1328

https://www.m4carbine.net/picture.php?albumid=279&pictureid=1363

Here was the final version I traded for a longer rail and switched stocks and sights:

https://www.m4carbine.net/picture.php?albumid=302&pictureid=1565

https://www.m4carbine.net/picture.php?albumid=302&pictureid=1558

pinzgauer
06-04-11, 19:35
One other nice thing.... unlike many mfg's, even the M4 stock body is high quality, virtually no rattle. Unless you want to accessorize with upgrades & colors, the factory stock is the best M4 pattern I've seen, no need to replace. And the receiver extension/buffer would be my 1st choice for any build.

While I did not initially care for the ergo grip, it's grown on me a bit, and I'll use the one I pulled off the LMT on a bench gun.

Jpm350z
06-05-11, 20:40
its an excellent lower for the price. for what it cost to build one yourself, its just better to go with one already assembled by LMT.

if you look at the way the collapsable stock is assembled on, you'd notice that there is a marking from a punch tool. it has been done to prevent it from becoming unscrewed. this is a plus for me because it shows that extra step they go through to ensure a good product.

only complaint i would have is the grip. at the beginning i liked it, but now im not to fond of it. haven't changed it out, but i would have preferred it came with a different grip.

Tacoma213
06-13-11, 06:13
Stick with LMT and never look back!