PDA

View Full Version : Why the RRA/Colt system?

dialM4murder
10-14-07, 00:04
Seems like everyone is jumping on the Colt/RRA style 9mm AR. Seems to me the Olympic Arms setup is a lot simpler. No tweaking the mags, no special hammer and buffer etc. Am I incorrect?

Robb Jensen
10-14-07, 04:07
The Colt and RRA 9mm upper doesn't need a 9mm hammer as everyone thinks. It's just needs an unnotched AR15 hammer (a M16 style hammer with the sear tail bobbed on it).
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/nonnotchedhammer001.jpg

Colt 9mm subguns don't use hammers that are different than say M16A1s.

rob_s
10-14-07, 07:15
Most are heading this way in the (perhaps unfounded) hope that Cproducts will get their act together and get their mags running reliably.

I'm actually working on replacing my Colt 6450 with a RRA SBR. :eek:

ShortyB
10-14-07, 09:05
You have to use the dedicated 9mm hammer in the Colt system if you are using a semi bolt. The semi bolt has a "hood" or is not milled completly thru the top of the bolt. The 9mm hammer is slighty shorter. When using an auto bolt a standard M16 hammer works fine. The top of the auto bolt is open and has more clearance for the hammer. This only applies to Colt, I have not seen a RRA 9mm bolt.

nationwide
10-14-07, 10:48
At the last gun show I attended, they had the Colt 9mm's for $1099 and the RRA 9mm's for $1200 :confused:

Why would the RRA have a higher price tag??????

John Hearne
10-14-07, 15:46
I had my bolt ramped and it runs fine on a standard Stag lower.

K9-Bob
10-24-07, 08:21
Most are heading this way in the (perhaps unfounded) hope that Cproducts will get their act together and get their mags running reliably.

I'm actually working on replacing my Colt 6450 with a RRA SBR. :eek:

Are the CProducts 9mm mags not working well?

Chief_Wiggum
10-24-07, 09:15
Are the CProducts 9mm mags not working well?

I have three that feed fine, but don't hold the bolt open more than about 25% of the time.

Also, I haven't found C-Products to have the best customer service. I placed an order direct from them in Feb. of 2007. It's now almost November and I still haven't received the mags even though they're clearly shipping. I ended up ordering from 44mag. I didn't cancel just to see if I ever receive them.

I mean, here I am ready to _give them money_ and they can't get their act together enough to take it from me?

emsemt911
10-29-07, 00:06
I waited for the CP mags. Well worth the wait. I have not had any problems with the mags, except once in a blue moon the BHO will not work. CP has changed their follower and are shipping them to people who purchased the mags at no extra charge. They modified the follower and have fixed the BHO feture with that notch.