PDA

View Full Version : Detachable Carry Handle

pistolman1974
10-14-07, 12:05
Who makes the best detachable carry handle for the ADS m4 carbine?
It seems like almost every AR munfacturer makes them.

Dave L.
10-14-07, 12:14

...or almost every "builder" buys them from the same manufacturer

Dave L.
10-14-07, 12:15
What is the reason you want a detachable carry handle? (if you don't mind me asking)

C4IGrant
10-14-07, 15:56
What is the reason you want a detachable carry handle? (if you don't mind me asking)

Good question. Makes little sense to me why people buy these.

C4

R1pper
10-14-07, 16:35
Ya know I wonder the same thing. My buddy had to have one. Me and him drove an hour and a half to find a dealer that had one so he could mount this 40 dollar red dot. (he paid $100 for the carry handle) After about 2 months he did what I told him to doback then. Buy and Eo Tech/Aimpoint and a rear BUIS. Now he is all pissy like a woman cause he cant get rid of the carry handle.

pistolman1974
10-14-07, 18:06
I like the asthetics and I'm not buying any optics any time soon, but I want the flexibility to be able to mount optics later.

arbob
10-14-07, 22:00
If the cosmetics of the carry handle is most important thing to you, ArmaLite probably makes the cleanest looking(ie, no seams or rough edges) carry handle IMHO.

onmilo
10-15-07, 08:04
"What is the reason you want a detachable carry handle?"

Say you decide to sell your flattop rifle carbine and buy another type of AR like a .308 version, but you want to keep your BUIS and/or Aimpoint or Eotech?

A detachable carry handle will sell your rifle quicker than an empty flattop.

If for no other reason this is the best I can think of for having one on hand.

DPMS, Bushmaster and Prairie River Arms all make versions that are well below a hundred bucks and very good quality.

markm
10-15-07, 09:19

Look for a used/take off COLT carry handle on the various boards.

Dave L.
10-15-07, 13:21
I like the asthetics and I'm not buying any optics any time soon, but I want the flexibility to be able to mount optics later.

A Troy flip up rear sight or something similar is about as "flexible" as it gets; IMHO. It's(the carry handle) bulky, has extra weight and like someone already stated:
when you get your optic, you will have to go buy another BUIS and the carry handle will collect dust.

...but, different strokes for different folks I guess.

mmike87
10-15-07, 13:48
Considering the fact that a lot of rifles often come with the carry handles, I think it would be pretty easy to buy a "used" one. Thus I agree with previous posters - hunt around for a used one that's probably not been used at all.

Rob96
10-16-07, 04:30
For $80 you can get an dch with A1 sights from Sully at Defensive Edge.