PDA

View Full Version : Geissele FCG Upgrade kit

bigbore
08-13-06, 17:50
I just replaced the worn out springs and pins in a customers carbine. Good timing as Heidi gave me first Geissele enhanced stock hammer/trigger pins at Camp Perry last week.

The increased weight hammer spring solved all the light strike issues, and new pins fit in nice and snug.
http://www.adcofirearms.com/junkpics/GApins.jpg

Pins are made from a carburizing grade of steel that has been machined, then heat treated to 58 HRC, then centerless ground to a 8 RMS finish. The diameter tolerance held during grinding is plus/minus 0.0001 inch. The nominal diameter of the Geissele enhanced stock pins is 0.1560 (stock is 0.1540)

0.1560 is also is the nominal dia of the receiver holes. At 0.1560 the pin will be a tap fit into Bushys and Armalites and a zero clearance fit in RR. The hardness and fine finish make for a smooth running pin. The larger diameter makes the stock trigger action a bit crisper by taking out any looseness and sloppyness to the trigger and hammer pivoting.

The hammer spring has 13% more torque than stock and is finished with an oiled blued finish. The material is high tensile music wire to an ASTM spec I dont remember.

The chrome silicon bandwagon is nonsense as CS has the only advantage of working in high temp environments like a car engine. MS has a higher tensile strength than CS which is needed for a weapon spring.

Pricing and availability are TBA.

08-13-06, 22:21
The big turnoff for me when it comes to CS springs is the way they rust (even in environments that normally produce no rust at all)!