PDA

View Full Version : HK Factory UMP Sling????

HRoark
06-03-11, 15:53
Ok, I may just be a little retartded, but how is this this supposed to work?

It's a three point sling, maybe, but I cant seem to get the length to work out right. I havent seen any good pics on the internet of how this thing is supposed to be used, so I'm probably missing something obvious.

It came with my UMP conversion, but is it really worth using or should I just pick up a two point sling to use instead?(I use a vickers sling on my ARs)

Joe R.
06-03-11, 22:35
I used the HK three point sling for many years, both operationally and as an instructor for HK International Training Division. My opinion, get a good quick adjust two point sling and drive on. The three point sling had it's day but it has been surpassed.

TOrrock
06-03-11, 22:42
I used the HK three point sling for many years, both operationally and as an instructor for HK International Training Division. My opinion, get a good quick adjust two point sling and drive on. The three point sling had it's day but it has been surpassed.

Lots of wisdom from first hand experience here.

Get a VCAS from BFG and sell the HK sling to offset costs.

Joe R.
06-04-11, 12:31
PS: If you really want to give it a shot I can probably walk you through installation on the phone.

HRoark
06-04-11, 12:42
PS: If you really want to give it a shot I can probably walk you through installation on the phone.

Thanks for the offer, but I think I'll take your advice and just pick up another VCAS.

kdcgrohl
06-07-11, 08:12
Mine just got a VCAS this weekend. BIG improvement.

ryanschmidt65
06-07-11, 20:28
I thought about this alot as well and came to the conclusion that a two point is the way to go