PDA

View Full Version : Briley, Choate or Nordic mag tube?

Combat_Llama
06-03-11, 19:32
I am assembling a "frankegun" Remington 870 with parts bought here and there, at various times, starting with the receiver and adding on from there. I am all done assembling the parts and have the gun together, except for the mag. tube extension. I can't decide which mag tube to put on it. I have narrowed my choices down to the Briley, Choate or Nordic two round tubes.

I know the Choate is the least expensive, followed by the Nordic and then the Briley is most expensive. However, the price differences between the tubes is not enough to make a significant difference. So, is there any other reason to pick one over the other?

CL

Nephrology
06-04-11, 03:12
I put a choate on my 870 wingmaster only to get the finish to match (Choate is the only company tha blues their tubes, IIRC)

The tube is fine - it's a tube - but it's ugly and you can tell it isnt great. The spring that came with it sucks. No experience on the Briley but I say go with the Nordic unless it'll break the bank. Either way don't trust the spring that comes with Choate tubes - they are crap.

BobM
06-04-11, 13:04
You might also consider Wilson Combat/Scattergun Tech or Vang-Comp.