PDA

View Full Version : Tango Down SCAR panel question

Waylander
06-03-11, 19:35
I have a set of the regular TD panels but I've read the SCAR is a little thinner which I'd be interested in seeing if I like better. I also have a set of LMT panels which I assumed before I bought were the same as the old TD panels but they aren't. They're thinner, made of a harder material, and the lock is looser and rattles slightly.

The SCARs are said to be redesigned to be thinner and fit into a rail easier which would lead me to believe they could be the same material and similar dimensions to the LMT panels. Do the SCARs rattle?

montrala
06-03-11, 19:46
They do not rattle on HK handguard. YRMV.

Failure2Stop
06-03-11, 20:16
Mine have a bit of fore and aft movement, but they are not loose.
I have used them on DD and KAC rails.

The SCAR panels are, by the way, my favorite rail covers so far.

Waylander
06-03-11, 20:41
I could probably deal with a little movement if the SCARs are similar material to the old TDs and maybe they wouldn't clank as much as the LMTs on my DD Lite.

Failure2Stop
06-04-11, 11:45
You can also just stick a piece of tape on the tab or in the rail to make the fit more snug.

Dave L.
06-04-11, 11:54
I have TD SCAR panels on a DD rail. There is no play and the grip texture is much improved over the standard TD panels IMHO.

ridewaves
06-05-11, 00:44
I would say the SCAR panels have just about the same amount of play as the thicker TD panels.

Waylander
06-05-11, 02:29
Thanks for all the good info. I feel better about trying them.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
06-05-11, 16:35
Never had any rattle on my scar panels. They are my favs by far. Ive replaced all my KAC and XTM panels with them.

tx1021
06-05-11, 17:07
I have the Tango Down Scar panels on a DD Lite rail and they would move very slightly forward and back on the rail.

Didn't make an audible click but you could still feel it. So I just put a little piece of electrical tape on the tab of the rail panel and no more movement. Favorite covers btw