PDA

View Full Version : American Defense T1 mount: AD-T1-11

G22inSC
06-04-11, 08:45
I am interested in this particular mount and have never seen the bottom. Does anyone have a pic of the bottom of this mount? I am wandering if it is hollow or if there are cavities present to store a spare battery. I was wanting a Daniel Defense mount but then got to thinking about storing a battery. I believe the DD mount is "open" so there is no way to store a battery with that mount. What mounts do you'll prefer for the T1/H1's?

RD62
06-04-11, 10:40
I use an ADM mount and I do not believe it has a battery compartment, nor do I think it is necessary.

It is easy enough to carry a spare battery (should you desire to) without requiring you to dismount the sight to access it.

I like the DD mount but prefer the QD capability of the ADM. I think the DD may be a tad lighter and that either would be a great choice.

ra2bach
06-04-11, 12:38
that would be a hell of a big mount to be able to store a to 2032 battery. mine goes in a small baggie in the hollow grip core or in the compartment in the Vltor Emod, along with a tiny bottle of Machinegunners lube and two foam earplugs...