PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used this?

champ198
06-04-11, 10:31
been looking around trying to find where to get parts for my first build.
so on an older thread someone had said something about the lowers at Surplus Ammo and Arms and when i got on their website i saw this
http://www.surplusammo.com/products/%2ASurplus-Ammo-%26-Arms-AR15-Matched-Lower-%26-Upper-Set%252d-Stripped.html

its a matched Stripped upper and Stripped Lower and the price looks very good but wanted to ask you all if this is worth it

i had plans on hopeing to use a Spikes upper and Lower and getting the Upper assembled and saw the price on Spikes site was like $115 and the Stripped lower was like $80 or so.
but with the price of this matched set at $124 would make a pretty good dent on the plus side of my budget for this gun but wanted to ask you all first....you all are the experts and wanted to get our opinion

osiris32
06-04-11, 10:40
WOW that is a good price.

champ198
06-04-11, 11:11
thats kind of what i thought too. for the price its damn hard to beat. most of the assembled upper recievers are nothing more than the forward assist and the door. how much in parts is that $40 or so give or take. and i would still have to have a LPK regardless so makes this a pretty good deal. but didnt want to buy something that was junk was the reason i wanted to ask here. i know i have heard a lot of good things about their lowers and would think the uppers would be just as good. and a damn good price.
now they will probably be bought out by the time i get ready to buy one LOL

Alex V
06-04-11, 12:50
I bought 2 SAA lowers but have not assembled them yet. They seem to be in spec tho the flaring on the mag well is not the best. But hey, for $60/lower, I won't complain.

MistWolf
06-04-11, 14:58
Surplus Ammo & Arms has a close working relationship with Aero Precision