PDA

View Full Version : LaRue billet lower?

Bruce in WV
06-04-11, 18:58
The search function is not working for me, so I can't find other references for the LaRue billet lower I just ordered. I'm assuming it is of the same superb quality as their other parts. Comments?

Update: just found a bunch of info on the SMOS when Search started working again.

ccosby
06-04-11, 19:15
SMOS use to make them for larue. Not sure if they still do and larue just got a variance so they could put there name on them or if they started making some in house.

The ones I've seen were GTG. I haven't seen many though.

bravofour
06-05-11, 22:56
I've owned two and just ordered a 3rd if that says anything.

CommackBoy
06-06-11, 13:10
I have one as well as LaRue upper. Extremely high quality and tight fit with the upper.

ST911
06-06-11, 19:39
I have one of the LT billets under my Stealth upper. It's GTG.

I don't get the whole billet thing, but I wanted a match to the upper and a certain ser# for a very special gun.

TonyTacoma
06-06-11, 20:41
I'm sure they function just fine, just way to much for me to pay for a lower. To each their own.

Mauser KAR98K
06-06-11, 20:50
Why the high price? The billet uppers are advertised that they do not come with M4 feedramps.

bubba04
06-06-11, 21:08
Why the high price?

Cause its got the state of Texas on it :jester:

ccosby
06-06-11, 21:23
Why the high price? The billet uppers are advertised that they do not come with M4 feedramps.

The sell them both ways. Bravo company has the larue uppers with m4 feed ramps in stock. Larue's LW barrels don't have m4 feed ramps so their standard uppers don't. A few other rifle and match barrels don't come with them either.

Mauser KAR98K
06-06-11, 21:36
The real question I have is is the price for the LaRue upper worth it, or should I spend a little less for a MUR?

Stickman
06-06-11, 23:12
The real question I have is is the price for the LaRue upper worth it, or should I spend a little less for a MUR?

The MUR is a forging, and is much heavier duty. There isn't anything else that comes close to it in the world of upper receivers. If you are looking for the all out best, its the MUR, though its not cheap.

Look up receiver flex if you want an interesting read.

Bruce- SMOS makes nice lowers, I've seen them without the LT markings and if you want a billet, they are fine as are most billet lower receivers. If you like the look or name, you won't have any problems with the item.

The_War_Wagon
06-06-11, 23:42
I had a Gen.III POF lower that was EVEN sticky with Rev. M PMags. How does the LaRue billet handle them?

hellbound
06-07-11, 10:04
I had a Gen.III POF lower that was EVEN sticky with Rev. M PMags. How does the LaRue billet handle them?

no problems with mine (SN 425), original PMAGs, M Rev, and 20rd, all drop free