PDA

View Full Version : Real Colt M4 stock

GONIF
10-15-07, 12:01
Anyone know where I can get a REAL Colt M4 stock ? I'm told they are 4 posision. what exactly is the diff in the Colt ?

Lawdog-1
10-15-07, 12:13
Buy a Stag clone cheaper, plus I saw in the past that Stag made stocks for Colt.

markm
10-15-07, 12:37
What I did was get the stag buffer tube for my last build. (so I would have a mil spec tube)

Then I just picked up a used Colt stock on the EE of TOS. Some guy had a bunch of the old style 4 pos take offs.

Other than that, I just pick up an occasional used Colt stock as they'd pop up on the Equip exchange.

Incidentally, the old style 4 pos stock works fine on the 6 pos buffer tube. It just gives it 2 more positions.

GONIF
10-15-07, 12:51
I was going to ,then Pete at Legal Transfers told me if I wanted to be 100% correct that the Colt one looked a little dif and now he has me wondering. I bought one of his RRA 6 Pos M4 stocks for $69.00 shipped anyway for another rifle. the reason I want a 100% look is I converted a MT6400 ,did the FH,and FSB with bayo lug ,M16 bolt and now I need to replace the pinned M4 stock. I will than have a M4 that has the M4 roll mark on the lower . so I will than have a 6920 with a Colt M4 roll mark . I do have 2 more MT-6400C rifles NIB that I will not molest. they are not for sale

markm
10-15-07, 13:16
Ahhh.. Yes. The COLT M4 stock has a square cut on the bottom, under the buffer tube. Most aftermarkets have a rounded cut there.

I'd look on the EE of ARF for a COLT take off. There has to be some out there with all the fr00tie aftermarket stocks that people are buying!

GIFFMANN
10-15-07, 14:27
I've got one of the older CMT stocks that is a true Colt clone that I was about to list on the EE. I have sprayed it with some OD paint, but it's in perfect shape. Drop me a PM if interested.

Giff

GONIF
10-15-07, 14:42
I belive I'm getting it a Sarco $125.00 I called and they swear these are the real deal NIB Colt M4 stocks