PDA

View Full Version : Surefire Forearm for Benelli M4

mildot
06-05-11, 18:46
I'd like to hear comments on the forearm, looking at it or the B&T. Surefire is better price wise. Thanks

Robb Jensen
06-05-11, 19:48
I'd like to hear comments on the forearm, looking at it or the B&T. Surefire is better price wise. Thanks

It's rubber and aluminum I have one on mine. It's okay for the money.

Joe R.
06-05-11, 23:05
I have run the Surefire forend on two 14" guns. Worked fine.

mildot
06-06-11, 08:57
I've read in a few places that "fit" was a bit of an issue?
Is that in older models of the forearm?

jamaicanj
06-06-11, 13:58
I have a surefire forearm on my m1 and love it

Rattlehead
06-06-11, 14:35
I had one on a Benelli and I never had a single problem with it.

mdain
06-07-11, 00:19
There were/are two slightly different barrel diameters for the M4. There are also two corresponding Surefire rail systems. The newer rails will fit the newer guns without problems. Once the rail is installed, take a close look at the barrel flange that meets the receiver. If there is any gap or mis-allignment at all, you have the wrong rail system. Give Surefire a call, and they'll sort it out for you. You probably won't notice any problems at normal buckshot ranges, but with slugs at distance, you won't be able to hold a group.

mildot
06-07-11, 08:59
I picked up my Benelli in 06, would I be in the newer handguard? or the older one?

jamaicanj
06-07-11, 10:57
I picked up my Benelli in 06, would I be in the newer handguard? or the older one?

I would call surefire to confirm

mdain
06-07-11, 11:57
I don't know the dates, but Surefire customer service should be able to help you out.

mildot
06-08-11, 06:23
Well Surefire says that they only make one forearm?
So I guess you get it and see if its G2G, if not return it.
The date of the M4 wasn't much help.

mdain
06-08-11, 12:19
We had to exchange about 40 handguards for agency guns, and I personally did two for private purchase guns.

Another option I considered was to drill the factory handguards and bolt on a MOE rail setion. It would save weight, and a bunch of cash, but my concern would be gas piston clearance.

WS6
06-09-11, 00:53
We had to exchange about 40 handguards for agency guns, and I personally did two for private purchase guns.

Another option I considered was to drill the factory handguards and bolt on a MOE rail setion. It would save weight, and a bunch of cash, but my concern would be gas piston clearance.

40 SF handguards, or 40 OEM's? Are you saying the SF handguard fitment is not good/hit/miss?

mdain
06-09-11, 01:24
40ish (not sure of the exact number) Surefire handguards were exchanged for new Surefire handguards. This was about a year to two years ago. All of the rails were purchased at the same time from the same vendor. They may have been old stock, and there is no way to know for sure. I haven't heard of any issues recently. All of the replacement rails fit and functioned perfectly.

I have nothing but good to say about Surefire. If I needed to put another rail on a Benelli M4, I would be fully confident in buying another Surefire rail.

WS6
06-09-11, 01:54
40ish (not sure of the exact number) Surefire handguards were exchanged for new Surefire handguards. This was about a year to two years ago. All of the rails were purchased at the same time from the same vendor. They may have been old stock, and there is no way to know for sure. I haven't heard of any issues recently. All of the replacement rails fit and functioned perfectly.

I have nothing but good to say about Surefire. If I needed to put another rail on a Benelli M4, I would be fully confident in buying another Surefire rail.

Pretty solid sample size.

Were the old rails the ones with the diagonally moulded markings and changed out for the horizontal markings (on the rubber area above the rails)?

mdain
06-09-11, 12:31
I'm on a stretch of days off. When I get back on Monday, I'll take a look at what is on there now. I don't recall what the orientation of the molding on the prior rails was.

mildot
07-06-11, 21:08
Well I mounted the forearm, seems to fit well and no issues? Overall I'm pleased and just need some rds down range to make sure its G2G.Thanks for input troops.

Merc8541
07-18-11, 17:36
Keep us posted how your range test goes, im interested in a similar setup.

mildot
09-01-11, 08:09
Finally! managed to get out to the range. I have a Tac Shotgun course coming up so testing was imperative.
The shotgun functioned flawlessly, no issues, fit and finish of the forearm is excellent. I appreciate the weight savings as well. Here's a pic of the current set-up.Only addition will be a Aimpoint Micro T-1.I tried the TD rail covers and found them to be too big?(I have big mitts) so I went with the ladder covers and they worked very well.
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a76/mildot326/BenlliM42-2-web.jpg