PDA

View Full Version : night sights

Medina556
06-06-11, 04:07
Looking to acquire some night sights for my colt series 80? I heard heini is good bur don't know exactly which ones to look for.

Guns-up.50
06-06-11, 05:19
Yes heinie are good. I personaly use a 10-8 with a novak front trit with white ring. Ther are a bunch of good sights and good threads out there. THe little orange search button at the top will help you find your way.

Dave Berryhill
06-06-11, 07:57
Deciding on a night sight configuration first will narrow your search. Do you want 3 dots, straight 8s, tritium in the front sight only, etc.

If you don't have any idea, I'd suggest trying some pistols with different sights first.

GIJew766
06-06-11, 13:16
Yes heinie are good. I personaly use a 10-8 with a novak front trit with white ring. Ther are a bunch of good sights and good threads out there. THe little orange search button at the top will help you find your way.

10-8 U Notch rear with the Novak tritium/white ring is the set up on almost all of my 1911s. Only exception is one Wilson with the brass bead up front.

Never really liked a 3 dot set-up myself, but everyone's preferences are different.

H

Medina556
06-06-11, 19:26
I don't like the three dot ether makes it harder for me to focus on the front sight.

SGB
06-06-11, 20:17
If you're going to go with front and rear get the Heinie straight eight, otherwise I'd go with a tritium front and plain 10-8 rear. Just my .02

Medina556
06-07-11, 01:52
Thanx for the help appreciated.

BillSWPA
06-07-11, 12:04
Whatever sight you go with, make sure you are getting Trijicon brand inserts. They last the longest in my experience.

Go with a 3-dot pattern. That way, you get easy verification of both vertical and horizontal alignment.

Get a green front and yellow rear. Green is the natural color of tritium, and is therefore the brightest color. Yellow will be dimmer, giving you a bright front sight and dimmer (but still quite bright) rear sight. A brighter front sight and dimmer rear sight keeps the rear from overpowering the front.

Singlestack Wonder
06-07-11, 19:42
+1 on the Heinie Slant Pro Straight Eight's...

payj
06-11-11, 00:17
I would look into the Heine or Novaks....

samuse
06-11-11, 09:14
Most of my 1911s have plain black sights but I have one with Heinie Ledge Straight ates yellow rear and green front. I like 'em a lot.

Paul D
06-11-11, 17:32
The Heinie sights are great. I like the straight 8 tritium sights though the front sight does not have the white outline I prefer. These days I just buy the plain sights and have them sent to Tool Tech to have the tritium placed. It's a big extra step but the sights are exactly the way I want them.

b_k
06-15-11, 11:19
I recently had the Heinie Ledge in the rear installed along with Novak's up front. I like the flat black sights that came on my 1911 and wanted to keep it similar during the day. Stacked sights at night worked fine for me.

flieger67
06-15-11, 23:56
Go with a 3-dot pattern. That way, you get easy verification of both vertical and horizontal alignment.

Get a green front and yellow rear. Green is the natural color of tritium, and is therefore the brightest color. Yellow will be dimmer, giving you a bright front sight and dimmer (but still quite bright) rear sight. A brighter front sight and dimmer rear sight keeps the rear from overpowering the front.

Pretty much +1 from me. I have this Trijicon setup on my Glock 19 and really like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.