PDA

View Full Version : GM gets NPR'd

FromMyColdDeadHand
06-07-11, 09:26
http://detnews.com/article/20110607/AUTO01/106070368/1148/rss25

General Motors Co. CEO Dan Akerson sells his soul. Get on the Gov't dole and taxes and regulations are your path to the promised land.

A government-imposed tax hike, Akerson believes, will prompt more people to buy small cars and do more good for the environment than forcing automakers to comply with higher gas-mileage standards.

How about build good small cars, dumb-ass. How about we tax GM cars so people buy Fords?

Akerson, who describes himself as "a Colin Powell Republican — not a Sarah Palin Republican" — said President Barack Obama has "done a pretty good job on the economy," which, he said, was "a nightmare.

"I don't think he can fix it in four years and I think we just have to stay the course," he said.

That is pretty much the definition of a Colin Powell Republican. Say you are a Republican, but don't stand for any Republican values and support Democrat candidates. Sweet Jesus, there is not biting the hand that feeds you and then there is getting dentures so that you don't inadvertanly use your teeth when you are on your knees.

"If we had gone down," he said, "the supply chain would have gone down. … And Ford was hanging on by its fingernails, too."

We had to say GM to save Ford. Next he'll say we need to tax Ford because they benefited GM's bail out.

I hope Ford runs ads with quotes from this.

MarshallDodge
06-07-11, 09:50
It is hard to tell who was scratching who's back but the whole thing reeks.

Ford was having issues as well but they were able to secure private loans.

Todd.K
06-07-11, 10:43
Quote:
A government-imposed tax hike, Akerson believes, will prompt more people to buy small cars and do more good for the environment than forcing automakers to comply with higher gas-mileage standards.

He is completely right on this one. Not that the GOV should be in it at all, but what will work.

Mandating auto makers to produce cars that the consumers don't want to buy is idiocy.

Cobra66
06-07-11, 10:54
Not that I am in any position to buy an new car right now, but if I was, this pretty much struck any GM product from the list.