PDA

View Full Version : Glock17, Glock 19 or Sig P226R? Help pls.

AJM0617
06-07-11, 13:15
I just sold my Glock 17 Gen 4 yesterday and it is the SECOND Glock 17 I've sold. The first one was a 3rd Gen. I've sold my first one to replace it with Gen 4 thinking that I would shoot it better because of the new backstrap and lower recoil. But I was wrong.. The trigger on Gen 4 is a lot harder to pull than Gen 3. I did shoot better using the Glock 17 Gen 3 than Gen 4. Sold my Gen 4 yesterday and planning to get a Sig P226R in 9mm (I had one before) but now I am having second thoughts. Im torn between the Sig P226R, Glock 17 Gen 3 and Glock 19. I know G19 is compact and the rest are full size.
I come here to hear you folks's opinions.. which one of those pistol I mention should get? I miss my Sig P226 Navy so much, I like the simplicity of Glocks but I never shot both of my Glock 17s (ESPECIALLY the Gen 4) as well as I shoot my HK USP .45 & 9mm and my Springfield M1911A1 and even my Sig P226 that I sold a little while ago. I used to have a Glock 19 before but I really didnt have a lot of trigger time with it because I sold it to get the Glock 17 Gen 3. Now Im also thinking about the G19 because I dont have any compact pistol and dont know if I can shoot the G19 than G17.

Let me know your 2 cents guys..

Thanks,

Quick_1911
06-07-11, 13:19
G19 is always a safe bet for a simple, reliable, easy to shoot and carry 9 mm so that's the one I'd go with.

Seraph
06-07-11, 13:50
Those are all solid pistols. Honestly, I think you should pick the one you like the best, and then practice with it, so that you're shooting it to your satisfaction. In other words, it seems like you're swapping pistols too much.

Aw hell... Just get two Gen. 3 Glock 19's and drive on.

KhanRad
06-07-11, 13:50
Sounds like you do an awful lot of pistol hopping, and aren't sure what works for you. You've already owned two 9mm Glocks, and the Sig.....but sold them. You "might" be better off focusing on software solutions instead of hardware solutions.

AJM0617
06-07-11, 14:21
Yes I did a lot of pistol swap. But Im not doing it anymore.. right now Im just looking for a replacement of the Glock 17 Gen 4 that I just sold. I guess right now im leaning towards the Glock 19 and Sig P226. As far as carry, I really dont have a problem carrying most full size pistols concealed. Heck I can carry my USP45 concealed..

AJM0617
06-07-11, 14:27
Sounds like you do an awful lot of pistol hopping, and aren't sure what works for you. You've already owned two 9mm Glocks, and the Sig.....but sold them. You "might" be better off focusing on software solutions instead of hardware solutions.

I've sold my first G17 3rd Gen to get the new G17 Gen 4 thinking it would be a better pistol for me. But Im wrong. And Ive sold my Sig P226R Navy not because I didnt like it. I like it a lot to be honest. I sold it to get the new P226 E2 but instead I went got the HK45. Now I really do miss my P226

Norinco
06-07-11, 14:44
Like KhanRad said, I would focus on software. If your going to buy another Sig I would urge you to get a German made Sig and lots of ammo.

AJM0617
06-07-11, 15:22
Like KhanRad said, I would focus on software. If your going to buy another Sig I would urge you to get a German made Sig and lots of ammo.

So whats up with "German Made Sigs? Why quite a few people wont buy a Sig unless its made in Germany? Whats wrong with U.S. made? I had the P226R Navy and itz made here in US... I didnt see anything wrong with it. It's been 100% reliable at the time when I have it.

HK45
06-07-11, 15:37
Sigs quality control and customer service is not what it was. I wouldn't buy one.
For most people the 19 will do everything you need it to. I prefer the 17 because of my apelike hands.
Thats not a lot of "pistol hopping" btw.

KhanRad
So whats up with "German Made Sigs? Why quite a few people wont buy a Sig unless its made in Germany? Whats wrong with U.S. made? I had the P226R Navy and itz made here in US... I didnt see anything wrong with it. It's been 100% reliable at the time when I have it.

The story is that in 2005 the company changed CEOs and thus, the entire operation changed direction. Ron Cohen took over, and the business model changed. The old Sigarms business model was much like H&Ks which is.......build and design products based on specific contract requirements. This model usually produces very high end pistols that are not necessarily pretty, but are highly reliable, durable, and perform well. Some of Cohens changes to the operation were to move as much of the manufacturing to US soil as possible to get past the declining value of the US dollar, and the labor cost of making parts in Germany. However, the Germans did things REALLY well, and customers(LE/Military) noticed problems right away with the Cohen made guns. Since 2005, the new Sig has experiemented with many different alloys and designs in order to make manufacturing cheaper and increase profits. This has resulted in many customers becoming beta testers for their products, and it has created a lot of negative public opion of Sig Sauer. I've owned a few newer Sigs myself, and it has been a mixed bag of results. The shift in business model has resulted in poor quality controls, and less durable guns as a whole. So, Cohen decided to shift the business model into a commercial market mode. Sig Sauer now produces colorful guns in just about any configuration you can imagine. This is okay for weekend shooters, but serious shooters don't appreciate it. Sig Sauer has lost many LE and military contracts in recent years after Cohen took over and in my opinion......ruined the reputation of a serious firearms company. At this rate, Glock "may" be headed down the same path.

If you want a Sig that is a little more trustworthy out of the box, go with anything made before 2005. The old West German guns had a two letter code on the slide which indicates the year of production. The newer German made guns lack the date code, but will say "Made in Germany" on the slide. Another indicator is the box. Prior to Cohen taking the helm, Sigarms no longer dated the pistols that they sent out. So, if you find a stamped slide Sig with no date code, or year of manufacture on the box, then it was likely made between the years of 1998-2005. I have a P220 that fits this era. A lot of little things to look for to estimate dates on a Sig.

You might consider looking at H&Ks or the M&P. Try renting and shooting a couple of hundred rounds through one at the range before you buy though.

Timberwolf

The Sig name has taken a hit due to poor QC the past few years. It's generally safer according to some to buy the German-made pistols since they are supposedly subjected to stricter QC. I have had (3) 226s, all American versions, without any problems. That's not to say there's no merit to the argument, just my experience.

As far as the original question, I prefer the 226 to all other pistols, but will never sell my G19, either. It also costs a few hundred dollars less...more money for ammo.

KhanRad
06-07-11, 15:49
Sigs quality control and customer service is not what it was. I wouldn't buy one.
For most people the 19 will do everything you need it to. I prefer the 17 because of my apelike hands.
Thats not a lot of "pistol hopping" btw.

If you are a collector, or just want to try out various flavors.....then no. I have seen my share of people though who spend years and many thousands of dollars jumping from platform to platform trying to find something that makes them a better gun fighter. Some of the best shooters I have ever met have either been handed a platform to use, or have selected one based on reputation and have disciplined themselves to make it work for them. The jumping around has never gotten them anywhere, and they only seem more uncertain and confused the longer they keep hopping. The longer that you stick with a single shooting platform, the more superior of a gun fighter you will be.

Norinco
06-07-11, 21:50
What they said.

I can personally attest to Sig's poor customer service and QC. For over a month one of Sig's customer service reps ignored my email's. I finally got my pistol in for factory repair after I spoke with a manager. When I got it back it had a new list of problems and no more night sights. (They replaced the slide.)

I'm not saying EVERY American made Sig is bad. I just wouldn't trust a company with that many bad apples in the batch.

S-1
06-08-11, 00:19

Meh, people make a bigger deal out of it than it is, just like the M&P and Glock fiascos. The vast majority of new Glock, S&W and SIG owners are happy with their purchases.

S-1
06-08-11, 00:21
\
I'm not saying EVERY American made Sig is bad. I just wouldn't trust a company with that many bad apples in the batch.

Do you know how many "bad apples" SIG puts out? Or how about Glock, S&W or H&K?

Striker
06-08-11, 00:53
Are you saying the Glock 17 has a lot of recoil and is hard for you to shoot? If so, what makes the 19 a good choice for you? Essentially a smaller version of the same weapon. You have an HK USP in 9mm that you say works well for you. Unless you're just looking for something different, why not just stick with that? If you shoot the HK well, neither the Sig, nor the Glock are going give you anymore than the HK. If anything, I would say buy another USP. If you shoot it a lot, you'll be most familiar with that system.

SGB
06-08-11, 01:29
Have you tried a M&P 9?

Magic_Salad0892
06-08-11, 04:10
I would go Gen3 Glock 19, Recent production Gen4 Glock 19, or W. German SIG P228.

SWATcop556
06-08-11, 04:12
Very few questions in the handgun world can't be answered with a G19 and a case of ammo.

I personally am not a Sig fan.

gunnut284
06-08-11, 07:16
If you like/shoot the Sig better then go with it. I prefer Glocks but the Sigs are fine too. I have not seen the issues with the US made Sigs that others have reported.

jp0319
06-08-11, 10:40
My personal opinion... Glock 19 all the way. I feel that it is the perfect personal defense, concealed carry, do anything pistol. It is compact enough to easily carry, it has a full size mag capacity, it's easy to modify, is well supported in parts and holsters. I could go on but you get the idea. Glock 17, and Sig 226 are both full size and will be more difficult to conceal depending on physical make up. Compared to the larger two the 19 looses nothing in capability to eaither.

JP

Timberwolf
06-08-11, 10:41
Very few questions in the handgun world can't be answered with a G19 and a case of ammo.

True. I think some people's hands are too big for the G19 (or at least they complain they are), which could turn them off it.

I am a still a Sig fan though, despite their internet reputation.

chuckman
06-08-11, 11:44
I have both; an older, German-made, non-railed 226 and a Gen 3 Glock 19. I like them both for different reasons, but between the two, I shoot the SIG better. Get whichever suits your fancy, or better yet, get both!

Norinco
06-08-11, 14:17

No I do not. I am not a quality control supervisor for any of those companies.

JeffWard
06-08-11, 14:21
Test-shoot a M&P 9.
Buy a M&P 9.

Smile a lot.

Jeff

Lost River
06-08-11, 15:07
I would opt for a pair of third generation G19s and call it good.

Spend a bunch of time concentrating on the fundamentals with them.

They will serve you well if you will take the time to learn to use them properly.

Carniemedic
06-09-11, 08:38
I’m not in the military, or a cop. I’m just a second amendment lover, weekend shooter, and an enthusiast, so I really can’t give you an expert opinion, only my two cents. I too wasn’t sure which 9mm to get so I acquired 3, the M9, the P226, and the Gen 3 G17. Long story short I love them all. The Sig is my newest addition. It was made 2/2011 according to the dated sticker on the box. I have put >500 rounds through it without an issue. There’s slide rattle but it does not affect accuracy or performance, and is normal according to Sig and others on the web. Even if you are worried about the internet rumors regarding Sig’s poor quality and by chance get a lemon they have a lifetime warranty and will fix their mistake. It’s a sweet shooter with minimal recoil, it’s more accurate than me, it fits my hand the best, has a good single action trigger pull, it has been flawless in my hands, and I love it so far. It’s my girlfriend’s favorite to shoot as well; I have to fight her for trigger time. My G17 also feels good in my hand, a bit more snappy when shot, but not bad, I get nice groupings with it since I changed out the factory sights, I have gotten used to the DOA trigger, it has been flawless > 1000 rounds, and I also love it. My M9 is a little bulky in my hand, has about the same recoil as the Glock, but it’s action is smooth as butter, I think it’s the most accurate for me at 50 yds. Since I changed the trigger spring to a factory D spring it has the best single action trigger of any pistol that I have fired in my opinion. With >1000 rounds it has also been flawless for me, and I also love it. I saved, went without, and worked OT to buy these pistols but if I had to pick one it would be the Sig I guess. Just find which one you shoot best, and then stick with it.

C4IGrant
06-09-11, 08:42
I just sold my Glock 17 Gen 4 yesterday and it is the SECOND Glock 17 I've sold. The first one was a 3rd Gen. I've sold my first one to replace it with Gen 4 thinking that I would shoot it better because of the new backstrap and lower recoil. But I was wrong.. The trigger on Gen 4 is a lot harder to pull than Gen 3. I did shoot better using the Glock 17 Gen 3 than Gen 4. Sold my Gen 4 yesterday and planning to get a Sig P226R in 9mm (I had one before) but now I am having second thoughts. Im torn between the Sig P226R, Glock 17 Gen 3 and Glock 19. I know G19 is compact and the rest are full size.
I come here to hear you folks's opinions.. which one of those pistol I mention should get? I miss my Sig P226 Navy so much, I like the simplicity of Glocks but I never shot both of my Glock 17s (ESPECIALLY the Gen 4) as well as I shoot my HK USP .45 & 9mm and my Springfield M1911A1 and even my Sig P226 that I sold a little while ago. I used to have a Glock 19 before but I really didnt have a lot of trigger time with it because I sold it to get the Glock 17 Gen 3. Now Im also thinking about the G19 because I dont have any compact pistol and dont know if I can shoot the G19 than G17.

Thanks,

It would appear that you like single action pistols (and or shoot DA/SA guns in SA only). So the Glock triggers were never going to do it for you.

I would pass on ANY new SIG's at this point. See if you can find an older one (late 90's and early 2000's).

I would also consider the Walther PPQ and the M&P (with the new Apex Tactical forward setting sear and trigger). The PPQ trigger is fantastic right out of the box and accurate. The M&P has great ergo's, is cheap and the new Apex Trigger is very close to a 1911.

My personal .02 is that it is a MISTAKE to only shoot SA type weapons. All other guns (Glock's, M&P's, etc) will feel like crap and you will struggle with the trigger system. If I had to do it over again, I would have learned to shoot Glock's FIRST and 1911's second. You would also benefit from some high quality pistol training as well (Vickers/Hackathorn).

C4

AJM0617
06-09-11, 11:30
Thanks for the responds guys. I realized that in the end, I would get all three pistols I mentioned. I guess now i just have to decide which one should I get FIRST. Currently I am leaning towards on getting the P226 first because I already have $500 set aside. All I have to do is come up $300. but I am not 100% sure yet. I could pick up a G17 or G19 after i get off work today, but if I do, Ill have have to save up $800 to get the P226 next. Which it will take me quite a while. Its easier to save $400-$500 later to get the Glock than $800ish to get the Sig P226

C4IGrant
06-09-11, 12:33
Thanks for the responds guys. I realized that in the end, I would get all three pistols I mentioned. I guess now i just have to decide which one should I get FIRST. Currently I am leaning towards on getting the P226 first because I already have $500 set aside. All I have to do is come up $300. but I am not 100% sure yet. I could pick up a G17 or G19 after i get off work today, but if I do, Ill have have to save up $800 to get the P226 next. Which it will take me quite a while. Its easier to save $400-$500 later to get the Glock than $800ish to get the Sig P226

Make sure you read the Glock threads going on in the HG forum. I would not be buying a new GEN 3 or GEN 4 Glock at this time. Used (2009 or later) Glock's would be your best bet I think.

IMHO, it is hard to concentrate and learn to shoot different types of pistols well. I would buy ONE and then put money towards some formal training.

C4

AJM0617
06-09-11, 12:49
Make sure you read the Glock threads going on in the HG forum. I would not be buying a new GEN 3 or GEN 4 Glock at this time. Used (2009 or later) Glock's would be your best bet I think.

IMHO, it is hard to concentrate and learn to shoot different types of pistols well. I would buy ONE and then put money towards some formal training.

C4

Whats wrong with new Gen 3 or Gen 4 glocks? Well I really dont care for Gen 4 anymore anyway thats why I sold my Gen 4 G17, but thats besides the point. Anyway whats wrong with New production Glocks?

Beat Trash
06-09-11, 12:50

I would agree with this statement. But I would add to it that the OP obtain some competent training, then practice what you learned in training.

C4IGrant
06-09-11, 12:52
Whats wrong with new Gen 3 or Gen 4 glocks? Well I really dont care for Gen 4 anymore anyway thats why I sold my Gen 4 G17, but thats besides the point. Anyway whats wrong with New production Glocks?

Please read the threads in this forum about them.

C4

chuckman
06-10-11, 05:35
My personal .02 is that it is a MISTAKE to only shoot SA type weapons. All other guns (Glock's, M&P's, etc) will feel like crap and you will struggle with the trigger system. If I had to do it over again, I would have learned to shoot Glock's FIRST and 1911's second. You would also benefit from some high quality pistol training as well (Vickers/Hackathorn).

I could not agree more...

memphisjim
06-10-11, 06:57
I have gotten rid of all my pistols except for the glock 19.
In my opinion it is the best all around pistol on the market.

jmoney
06-10-11, 09:22
just don't be disappointed if you get some jams with the new gen 4 glocks and 115 gr ammo. Once I switched over to some heavier bullets I didn't have any problems

AJM0617
06-10-11, 09:29
just don't be disappointed if you get some jams with the new gen 4 glocks and 115 gr ammo. Once I switched over to some heavier bullets I didn't have any problems

My G17 Gen 4 never jammed on me ever. I've never shot it with anything else but 115Gr. Even when i had the original "hevier" recoil spring. I just put the new "02" spring which is lighter for assurance :) I just couldnt stand the heavier trigger of Gen 4.

Littlelebowski
06-21-11, 15:01

I talked to a fella this weekend in the industry who does and Vickers explicitly recommends against current Sigs.

Were the 556R, P250, and abortions being slathered in different colors and grips and being called new "editions" not clues on Sig's current throw stupid shit at the wall and see what sticks mentality or what? How about marketing the 556 AND the 516 from the same company? That fact alone is proof ****ing positive that Sig is only putting out mediocre shit as fast as they can turn it out. How about that moronicP226 Diamond Plate (http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/p226-diamond-plate.aspx)?

I don't know of anyone else who can compare Sig to HK on QC and not laugh under their breath, S-1.

oldtexan
06-21-11, 15:44
Like KhanRad said, I would focus on software. .......

Ditto.

Have you had any formal training from a good handgun instructor? How long ago? just about everyone can benefit IMO from some refresher training on the fundamentals. How's your practice schedule?

If you haven't put in some good quality time with a good instructor in a while, then I'd say do that before you buy any more guns.

The insights gained from instruction could help make your next buying decision that much better.

oldtexan
06-21-11, 15:51
Make sure you read the Glock threads going on in the HG forum. I would not be buying a new GEN 3 or GEN 4 Glock at this time. Used (2009 or later) Glock's would be your best bet I think......
C4

C4,
Didn't you mean "2009 or earlier" as opposed to "2009 or later"?

AJM0617
06-21-11, 15:58
I made a decision and got myself a Sig P226R Enhanced Elite in 9mm. Went out in the woods last Saturday and put 200 rounds through it. I like it a lot. I like the ergonomics of it more than my previous P226R Navy. It is extreamely accurate and didnt have any malfunction or problems at all. I like the front slide cocking serration because I usually do brass check by holding the front slide. The Factory tritium sights (Meprolight) are great. Really bright at low light. The Short Reset Trigget (SRT) is really nice for faster follow up shots. Grips are nice, agressive but not enough tear up the skin. Enhanced Elite have a beaver grip frame. I really dont know what it is for but I kinda like the way it looks. Overall Im very happy with it. Probably my 2nd favorite handgun of all out there. HK USP .45 is my all time favorite.

But thanks for all the replies and opinions...

Alpha Sierra
06-21-11, 17:07
I guess it's too late to tell you that it is dead easy to swap out trigger parts on a Glock to lighten its trigger pull?

I had the same issue with my 17 Gen 4 and a Scherer 3.5 connector brought the trigger down to a reasonable 5 lbs.

AJM0617
06-21-11, 17:17
I guess it's too late to tell you that it is dead easy to swap out trigger parts on a Glock to lighten its trigger pull?

I had the same issue with my 17 Gen 4 and a Scherer 3.5 connector brought the trigger down to a reasonable 5 lbs.

Yeah. I had a Ghost 5.0 Tactical trigger on mine. But I still like the Trigger on Gen 3 glocks. Its less resistant than Gen 4. I will still get the Glock 17 / 19 but right now I decided to go with Sig P226R. Its easier for me to get a Glock later than Sig.. mainly because Sigs are alot more expensive.

Thanks though

CLHC
02-02-15, 23:40
While perusing M4C's archives on Sig Sauer P226 and Glock 17 (yes this thread's dated 2011), I also stumbled on this particular video of a fellow that did a quick and dirty mud dump of said two (2) pistols.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWbUTGvlRMU

samuse
02-03-15, 21:45
Ha.

It's those sloppy loose tolerances that allow bigger pieces of debris in and cause the Glock to not work when when an idiot does a torture test.

FWIW, I had a Les Baer 45 that kicked both their asses in a beach sand test.

I've had all three pistols the OP is constipating on. Get the 19 and live with it.

KenB987
02-05-15, 01:04

Thanks,

What is this gun for? Range toy, HD/truck gun, or carry?

I personally don't like the G19, I have one and a few other Glocks, the more I shoot my other guns the less I like my Glocks, with one exception, my G26 I shoot it better then the 19 (I like the grip extension on the std mag) it conceals well, and as others have mentioned it takes all the bigger glock mags (not relevant in ca, but nice).

I recently got to use a CZ at the range the P01, and I was very impressed. The trigger is more crisp with a much better (shorter, definite) reset then my 226 Navy that I was exercising the same day. Check out one of those, since you don't seem to love the g19

Tzintzuntzan
02-05-15, 02:50
What is this gun for? Range toy, HD/truck gun, or carry?

I personally don't like the G19, I have one and a few other Glocks, the more I shoot my other guns the less I like my Glocks, with one exception, my G26 I shoot it better then the 19 (I like the grip extension on the std mag) it conceals well, and as others have mentioned it takes all the bigger glock mags (not relevant in ca, but nice).

I recently got to use a CZ at the range the P01, and I was very impressed. The trigger is more crisp with a much better (shorter, definite) reset then my 226 Navy that I was exercising the same day. Check out one of those, since you don't seem to love the g19

Don't think you know this but the OP bought a Sig Elite, this thread was made ~4 years ago.

RND
02-05-15, 03:52
Don't think you know this but the OP bought a Sig Elite, this thread was made ~4 years

ago.

You can always tell what they end up with.

KenB987
02-05-15, 09:45
Don't think you know this but the OP bought a Sig Elite, this thread was made ~4 years ago.

....yeah but still....

:)

silvery37
02-05-15, 16:30
If you like sigs i would highly suggest the p226 sao. It gets rid of the double action pull and allows for a nice high thumbs grip.

In reference to getting a german sig. Ive had germans, old sig, 2005 sigs, and brand new sigs. There was a period were the quality of sigs declined. I dont believe that to be the case now. The new production 226 sao is the nicest one i have as far as fit and finish. I have also dealt with their customer service recently and it was hassle free.

A g19 is a great gun too but I feel like the sig is a step up as long as the larger size isnt an issue.

RWH24
02-05-15, 23:15
Actually the Sig 226/229 DAK were some fine shooting pistols. Carried one for the last 6-7 years, Dept issue in 357 Sig.
G 17/19, closest Sig would be is a P320 FS or Compact, nor a 226 DA/SA. Totally different trigger systems/actions.

Way back when, I knew LEOs that changed guns about 1x/month. revolver, 1911, P-35, S&W, Colt..
Day shift they wore Clarino rigs with Nickel S&W's, 1911's and Pythons, then came Stainless Steel polished with Flitz mirror smooth.

Never did see the changing guns, unlike skivvies.

BoringGuy45
02-06-15, 00:12
I told myself I would never get a Glock unless I was issued one with whatever PD hired me. They felt too blocky, the grip angle was weird, and I could get pistols that were just as good for the same price that were more comfortable. Plus I can't stand Glock fanboys. I also told myself I would stick with .45 ACP because it was what (I thought) I shoot the best, and though all pistol rounds are poor fight stoppers, that extra 2mms may make a difference. Found out I shoot the Glock 19 WAY better than my long time carry, the M&P45.

The 19 is now my main carry gun. Go figure.

davebee456
02-06-15, 01:08
If you get another Sig P226 i would get an older "small" External extractor P226R or an older P226 German Frame or 100% German made gun..that way you can assure you are getting the best
quality SIG you can get in 2015. I have had a couple of lemons in the past few years.

Hemoglobin
02-06-15, 09:37
While I didn't have a 226, I had a 229 elite (in .357 sig don't judge I only had a TN based forum and glocktalk as a resource then) that I bought in 2006-2007. It was a good gun. I now carry a Glock 19 that I have butchered up during my tinker phase. It's been butchered by my stippling, had it NibX coated, then I covered that with gunkote, it's a ugly beast, but it works and I shoot it as well as I can. I always consider other guns and I appreciate them, but honestly the Glocks just work and I could care less about pistols beyond tools so I always go back to them.

Tzintzuntzan
02-06-15, 17:20
How is this 4 year old thread still alive?

WickedWillis
02-06-15, 18:40
You should really start renting firearms before you buy them.

noonesshowmonkey
02-12-15, 19:55
While I don't necessarily believe in anecdotal advice, I will say that my P229 has run without problems for thousands of rounds, and it is a 2012 manufacture date.

Sigs are built like tanks, and while I think that it is clear that the company put out a few production runs with lemons in the mix, I'd suggest that their QC has caught up. Any time you re-engineer a machine, re-tool, and begin to manufacture, there will be gremlins.

As with any firearm, run the thing hard before you sign your life away to it.