PDA

View Full Version : P220 Elite barrel question.......?

Norcal911
06-07-11, 14:14
I have a stainless P220 Elite full size with a factory berrel. Actually its all stock and its my duty weapon (personally owned). I was given a comped barrel with the following markings around the chamber "45 ACP NM 220". I'm assuming its a factory Sig barrel. It sticks out from the front of the slide approx 1" and has three upward facing ports. Ports are roughly "c" shaped or the shape of very small moon. Port closest to the chamber is smallest width and farthest from chamber is largest width.

Is this something that should be fitted before I use it? Any advantages besides the obvious muzzle rise reduction? Should it have a different dedicated recoil spring. Is it something I should leave alone as its going to slightly change the "break in" of all the factory parts after 8K rounds. It looks to be in very good condition with very little wear. Fits well, at least by my untrained eye. Not looking at it for a duty barrel but it may be fun to mess around with on the range or at matches. Thanx in advance-Norcal911