PDA

View Full Version : Barrett REC7 5.56

Tokarev
06-07-11, 14:22
My dealer called to tell me he had a box from Barrett with my name on it waiting for me. I eagerly ran down there today to pick it up. Inside was a shiny new REC7 chambered in 5.56.

I've only had time to shoot 60 rounds through it so far but will update with range info as soon as I can. I'm pleased to see that the REC7 ships with a full-auto bolt carrier and will let you guys know how the gun runs on full-auto as soon as I'm able.

Enjoy!

Barrett REC7 with Hi-Lux 1-4x scope
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/tokarev/Barrett%20REC7/P1020134.jpg

Rifle field-stripped
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/tokarev/Barrett%20REC7/P1020146.jpg

Barrett REC7 bolt. Note the groove milled behind the locking lugs.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/tokarev/Barrett%20REC7/P1020148.jpg

Gas Piston parts. Simple!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/tokarev/Barrett%20REC7/P1020144.jpg

Here are some pictures of the gas block assembly.

Note the small gas vent hole in the front of the gas plug.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/tokarev/Barrett%20REC7/P1020139.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/tokarev/Barrett%20REC7/P1020138.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/tokarev/Barrett%20REC7/P1020136.jpg

jbsmwd
06-07-11, 15:01
Barrett REC7 bolt. Note the groove milled behind the locking lugs.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/tokarev/Barrett%20REC7/P1020148.jpg

They take metal from locking lug area but leave more metal around cam pin area, interesting :confused:

Iraqgunz
06-07-11, 15:34
Please keep us updated on this. If possible let us know exactly what ammunition you are shooting, magazines, weather, etc...

Fr3EK
06-07-11, 16:07
I was interested in this for a while, but when I called they said they couldn't send spare parts out and it would have to come back to the factory if any repairs had to be done. Maybe they changed their stance since, but that was a big turn off for me.

Tokarev
06-07-11, 18:21
They take metal from locking lug area but leave more metal around cam pin area, interesting :confused:

Straight from the source:

The Barrett Enhanced Bolt is made from high-strength 9310 steel. The bolt is designed specifically for use in the piston operated REC7, not just adapted from a direct gas bolt. The bolt’s gas-ring-free design is easy to clean. Reinforced at critical areas, every bolt is proofed and magnetic-particle inspected to guarantee reliable performance.

Tokarev
06-07-11, 18:22
Please keep us updated on this. If possible let us know exactly what ammunition you are shooting, magazines, weather, etc...

I'll do my best to keep everybody in the loop.

Tokarev
06-07-11, 18:25
I was interested in this for a while, but when I called they said they couldn't send spare parts out and it would have to come back to the factory if any repairs had to be done. Maybe they changed their stance since, but that was a big turn off for me.

If I get the chance over the next couple of days, I'll call or email Barrett and see what I can find out about this. Really, I don't see a big need to have a box of spares since there's really nothing that should wear or break outside the standard wear items on any AR. Still, it would be nice to be able to have an extra gas plug or whatever in case of damage or loss.

Fr3EK
06-07-11, 23:07
If I get the chance over the next couple of days, I'll call or email Barrett and see what I can find out about this. Really, I don't see a big need to have a box of spares since there's really nothing that should wear or break outside the standard wear items on any AR. Still, it would be nice to be able to have an extra gas plug or whatever in case of damage or loss.

Let us all know what they say. Im very interested in your range report as well.

Clobbersauras
06-08-11, 01:20
Thanks for posting, I'll be watching this thread.

Littlelebowski
06-08-11, 05:39

You're being very optimistic considering how little data is available on this rifle. Do you not plan to run it hard or do you just have that much faith in Barrett's design?

Tokarev
06-08-11, 09:55
You're being very optimistic considering how little data is available on this rifle. Do you not plan to run it hard or do you just have that much faith in Barrett's design?

A combo of all of the above, I guess.

The design seems very solid with a big beefy op rod, etc. I suppose it would be possible to crack the gas block with excessive heat or something. But, short of running the gun over with a tank, I wouldn't think there's anything inherently weak about the basic design.

The extractor, firing pin, etc are standard M16 parts so replacements and spares there are no problem. I have emailed Kevi at Barrett and have asked her about purchasing extra gas parts and will let you know what I hear.

Littlelebowski
06-08-11, 10:09
You're going off of looks instead of real world data.

Tokarev
06-08-11, 10:47
You're going off of looks instead of real world data.

As you point out earlier, there isn't any "real world" data on this rifle. Or very little anyway. Anything I could find, feedback-wise, has been in connection with the 6.8 bigger brother.

I do freely admit to being optomistic about this rifle and have some faith that Barrett would test the design thoroughly before marketing. As with all new things, time will tell.

Winter
06-08-11, 11:22
Where in nm are you located?

ffhounddog
06-08-11, 11:28
I can get all the spare parts for my LWRC that I need. Why can't barret to the same for barret system give out the spare parts?

Tokarev
06-08-11, 12:37
Here's Kevi's reply:

"We are in the process to compiling a spare parts list. It will be later on this fall before that list is public knowledge. We will also have spare parts kits for purchase."

RetreatHell
06-08-11, 13:44
Okay. Let's be fair here. I remember several years ago people bitching about having to ship their LWRCs off back to the manuf to get shit fixed. That's the one common problem with every one of these proprietary designs, whenever they first come out (LWRC, SCAR, SR15 E3, POF, etc...) it's practically impossible for most consumers to get any replacement parts when shit goes wrong (as it sometimes does with new designs, and just whenever Murphy's dumbass comes along to screw things up on even the best designed guns). Hell, even if it's something you could easily fix, you cannot simply log on to Bravo Company and buy an op rod or new bolt. Even amongst piston guns in general, there's still not one common design in use (to my limited knowledge anyways), everyone always has their own "way better and way more reliable" gas piston gun design.

Everything will eventually be available and good to go in time, it just always seems to take forever to get there. And that's why it's important for guys like Tokarev to give lots of good feedback whenever they buy newly-released guns like this one from Barret, in order to speed this inevitable process along.

I could really care less either way because I'm not a user of any piston guns (although I may be getting a SCAR soon). I'm just sayin'...;)

I can get all the spare parts for my LWRC that I need. Why can't barret to the same for barret system give out the spare parts?

nickdrak
06-08-11, 14:02
100% agree with Paul's post above. I do not own any piston op AR's myself either, but if there is one company that I would feel confidant with investing in their piston design, it would be Barrett. They aint going anywhere anytime soon. I dont think their ownership is gonna change anytime soon either. Solid company with a solid track record for quality and service.

There arent any other current piston AR manufacturers that can compare to Barrett's track record and stability.

nickdrak
06-08-11, 14:06
Here's Kevi's reply:

"We are in the process to compiling a spare parts list. It will be later on this fall before that list is public knowledge. We will also have spare parts kits for purchase."

Thats good news. I imagine they are trying to avoid having to go thru multiple different revisions to their op system over the next few years like what LWRC/LWRCi/LWRC? has gone thru in recent past.

ccosby
06-08-11, 16:05
Looks nice. What did it cost you?

ALCOAR
06-08-11, 17:06

Littlelebowski
06-08-11, 17:22
These things have been out for years and there's no reviews, no data from classes, nor adoptions of the design by depts or agencies, no?

nickdrak
06-08-11, 17:59
LMT kinda compares to Barrett one would think:rolleyes:

True dat! Dont know how I overlooked LMT:o

ALCOAR
06-08-11, 18:10

Winnerkd
06-08-11, 18:18
These things have been out for years and there's no reviews, no data from classes, nor adoptions of the design by depts or agencies, no?

This is what worries me, I looked into one two years ago and I know about as much about it now as I did then. There really is not a lot about this platform.

Fr3EK
06-08-11, 21:41
That's good they are coming out with spares soon. If I had to go piston right now it would either be LMT or Barrett.

fhpchris
06-08-11, 22:53
I thought I saw something from SHOT about them having some SBRs.

Can you buy just an upper from Barrett?

nickdrak
06-08-11, 23:33
I thought I saw something from SHOT about them having some SBRs.

Can you buy just an upper from Barrett?

They had an 8" barrelled REC7 PDW 6.8 on display at the NPRC this past weekend in Michigan. I believe they were letting people shoot a F/A version on the vendors range but I didnt get a chance to shoot it myself.

I dont know about the uppers.

ffhounddog
06-09-11, 06:29
Thanks for the info Paul. I did not get my LWRC until 2010 when they had everything out. Barret is a stable company I was just surprised that you could not get parts yet.

ffh

Okay. Let's be fair here. I remember several years ago people bitching about having to ship their LWRCs off back to the manuf to get shit fixed. That's the one common problem with every one of these proprietary designs, whenever they first come out (LWRC, SCAR, SR15 E3, POF, etc...) it's practically impossible for most consumers to get any replacement parts when shit goes wrong (as it sometimes does with new designs, and just whenever Murphy's dumbass comes along to screw things up on even the best designed guns). Hell, even if it's something you could easily fix, you cannot simply log on to Bravo Company and buy an op rod or new bolt. Even amongst piston guns in general, there's still not one common design in use (to my limited knowledge anyways), everyone always has their own "way better and way more reliable" gas piston gun design.

Everything will eventually be available and good to go in time, it just always seems to take forever to get there. And that's why it's important for guys like Tokarev to give lots of good feedback whenever they buy newly-released guns like this one from Barret, in order to speed this inevitable process along.

I could really care less either way because I'm not a user of any piston guns (although I may be getting a SCAR soon). I'm just sayin'...;)

JSantoro
06-09-11, 09:13
These things have been out for years...

Yeah, I remember hearing about these things....what, 3 years ago? More? I wouldn't even come close to considering it having been truly out for years until it's been out with spare parts directly available to the user for years. And not in "kit" form. Indi-freaking-vidual spare parts. Until they can do that, it's a jumped-up Ruger piston gun.

Send it back to the factory for routine maintenance? Sure, and I should send my running shoes back to New Balance whenever I break a shoelace. It's a gun, not an engagement ring setting.....

ANYthing that is available for purchase without supply-support available and already in place, you're not a customer to them, just a revenue stream. "...parts list in the fall" my bleeding piles... Should've had that before the first gun was ever commercially sold. "Well, we didn't want to start anything until we knew what breaks, hurrrrrr..." or whatever. Horsecrap. It's a military-centric company applying a gov't weapons-procurement-program approach (where they've been allowed to get away with it for so long that it's institutionalized...and not unique to Barrett in any way) to the commercial market, and for the life of me I wouldn't know if or how they make any money doing it, were it not for P.T. Barnum's Razor: "There's a sucker born every minute."

Even AFTER they bother to (maybe!) get all their crap in one bag, it'd be foolish to buy into it. If they didn't care enough to get the ducks in a row on the front end, there's no warm-fuzzy to be had in regard to their willingness or ability to support the commercial product on the back end.

That's America, these days: no time to do things right from the start, but plenty of time to spend fixing f**k-ups later on.

Tokarev
06-09-11, 18:12

From what I remember, Barrett's first introduction to the AR world was the M468 which was a conventional DI rifle chambered in 6.8. This was followed a few years later by the REC7. This was basically the M468 re-designed as a piston gun. The 5.56 variant is relatively new to the market, having only been available for about a year.

I think the biggest factor(s) working against the rifle has been cost--it is one of the pricier AR's on the market--and the 6.8 chambering. Now that the gun's available in 5.56, we should start seeing more and more of them. Cost, unfortunately, remains quite high.

Tokarev
06-09-11, 18:24
Here are a couple of quick videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGdBZdk56ds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2bwDiAoCus&feature=related

Fr3EK
06-09-11, 20:04
Some very cool videos. What are your initial impressions after firing the gun? more recoil/less? is it front heavy? accuracy? :)

Tokarev
06-09-11, 20:12
Some very cool videos. What are your initial impressions after firing the gun? more recoil/less? is it front heavy? accuracy? :)

The gun balances nicely and, without the Hi-Lux scope mounted, weighs a little over seven pounds. Accuracy seems good with Prvi ball shooting into about 2" from the prone at 100 yards.

Recoil is a little sharper than a DI gun. You can kind of see the "pop" of the recoil impulse in the slow motion vid.

I've got about 500 rounds fired as of this afternoon. Much of that has been on full-auto. Quite wasteful but fun.

fhpchris
06-09-11, 22:49
From what I remember, Barrett's first introduction to the AR world was the M468 which was a conventional DI rifle chambered in 6.8. This was followed a few years later by the REC7. This was basically the M468 re-designed as a piston gun. The 5.56 variant is relatively new to the market, having only been available for about a year.

I think the biggest factor(s) working against the rifle has been cost--it is one of the pricier AR's on the market--and the 6.8 chambering. Now that the gun's available in 5.56, we should start seeing more and more of them. Cost, unfortunately, remains quite high.

Seems that you can just buy the uppers. They also sell the PDW in 5.56 with the same 8 inch barrel for ~1450$ just for the upper.

I think 2500$ is a little much to spend on a carbine that has a MOE stock on it.... Mabye that is just me....

TonyTacoma
06-10-11, 00:01
I like Barrett as company but I would never buy any firearms from anyone without readily available parts. Just my opinion

Pappabear
06-10-11, 00:20
Here are a couple of quick videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGdBZdk56ds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2bwDiAoCus&feature=related

NIce vids. Like the slow motion spitting that brass.

Shiz
06-10-11, 00:29
they put your "MP" on your bolt up side down!! :jester:

Tokarev
06-10-11, 07:27
Seems that you can just buy the uppers. They also sell the PDW in 5.56 with the same 8 inch barrel for ~1450$ just for the upper.

I think 2500$ is a little much to spend on a carbine that has a MOE stock on it.... Mabye that is just me....

Barrett list price on the 5.56 complete rifle is $2399. They list the uppers for sale at $1820.

jbsmwd
06-10-11, 08:11
What mags were you running in the video's?

jonconsiglio
06-10-11, 08:38
I'm interested as well to see where this goes. I have only fired the REC7 one time for a total of two mags and this was about two or three years ago. I do like that they now come from the factory with better rail options.

I have two Barretts and they're well built, but they need to be for their calibers. I'd like to think the same would go for their 5.56 offering.

Tokarev
06-10-11, 09:21
What mags were you running in the video's?

Those are the new Troy plastic magazines.

Tokarev
06-11-11, 18:17
We had a calm windless morning for the first time in a couple weeks and I was able to get out and finally get some good groups on paper. With this outing I've got right around 550 rounds fired through the REC7.

Most of this ammo has been Prvi 55gr with a mag of Q3131 (might have been American Eagle-I forget now) and a mag of 55gr Hornady training ammo for good measure. I've also got 120 rounds or so of Federal XM223SP1 fired.

This morning I shot a small quantity of Prvi 69gr, Hornady 75gr steel and some handloads using a Hornady 68gr BTHP bullet and H335 powder. The Barrett doesn't seem too crazy about the Prvi stuff but it really likes the 75gr and the 68gr stuff.

Here's an example of my 75gr target:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/tokarev/Barrett%20REC7/utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTEwNjExLTAwMTQxLmpwZw.jpg

And here's a group I fired with my hand loads:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/tokarev/Barrett%20REC7/utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTEwNjExLTAwMTQ0LmpwZw.jpg

Not bad for an inaccurate piston gun!

Internally I don't see any unusual wear to the buffer tube. There is a mark on the inside of the upper from cam pin drag and I'll keep an eye on it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/tokarev/Barrett%20REC7/P1020170.jpg

Tokarev
06-17-11, 20:01
In sorting through some ammo in cans, I found that I had 500 rounds of old school WOLF 55gr ammo with the lacquered cases. I took this and the REC7 out to the range this morning for a little playtime.

The WOLF shot okay from 100 yards, holding about 4" groups. Crap ammo in a nice rifle is still going to produce mediocre accuracy. This I expected and I was actually more interested in how the rifle would function and cycle with the old cheap stuff.

I ran 120 rounds through the gun using the factory lower and another 60 rounds using a select fire lower. I'm pleased to report that I experienced no issues.

One thing I note is that the REC7 vents all its propellant gases out the back of the gas block and out the lightening holes in the DD rail. The rail and parts of the upper look rather brown and sooty and I wonder if this exhaust would eventually find its way onto flashlight lenses, etc.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/tokarev/Barrett%20REC7/P1020166.jpg

Magic_Salad0892
06-18-11, 01:39
100% agree with Paul's post above. I do not own any piston op AR's myself either, but if there is one company that I would feel confidant with investing in their piston design, it would be Barrett. They aint going anywhere anytime soon. I dont think their ownership is gonna change anytime soon either. Solid company with a solid track record for quality and service.

There arent any other current piston AR manufacturers that can compare to Barrett's track record and stability.

H&K, Colt, and LMT would like a word with you.

nickdrak
06-21-11, 02:25
H&K, Colt, and LMT would like a word with you.

Me overlooking LMT was already covered on pg. 2....

Let try not to derail this thread any further, eh?

Magic_Salad0892
06-21-11, 05:29
Me overlooking LMT was already covered on pg. 2....

Let try not to derail this thread any further, eh?

I posted before I finished reading the thread.

Sorry, 'bout that.

cochraneap
06-21-11, 15:04
very nice

Clobbersauras
06-23-11, 21:47
OP, thanks for the vids. There was not much noticeable muzzle rise in your videos, especially for full auto. What muzzle device were you using?

Tokarev
06-24-11, 00:06
OP, thanks for the vids. There was not much noticeable muzzle rise in your videos, especially for full auto. What muzzle device were you using?

Standard A2 flash hider.

Tokarev
07-04-11, 17:30
Here are some accuracy results from today's outing. The day was overcast and generally calm with an occasional gust. I used an old metal sign to help stabilize my target stand. All groups were fired off a sandbagged rest from 100 yards. All groups were fired using the Leatherwood 1-4x CMR scope.

Ten rounds of 75gr Hornady BTHP loaded with H335:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/tokarev/Piston%20Gun%20Accuracy/barrett75.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/tokarev/Piston%20Gun%20Accuracy/barrett751.jpg

Eight rounds of 56gr Golden Tiger FMJ:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/tokarev/Piston%20Gun%20Accuracy/barrett56.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/tokarev/Piston%20Gun%20Accuracy/barrett561.jpg

Ten rounds of 52gr BTHP loaded with AA2230C:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/tokarev/Piston%20Gun%20Accuracy/barrett52.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/tokarev/Piston%20Gun%20Accuracy/barrett521.jpg

Eight rounds of Speer 45gr spitzer loaded with a max load of H335. One to the body and one to the head! :rolleyes:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/tokarev/Piston%20Gun%20Accuracy/barrett45.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/tokarev/Piston%20Gun%20Accuracy/barrett451.jpg

Tokarev
09-05-11, 22:18
Uh oh!

Not yet at 1,000 rounds and I've got a broken dust cover....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/tokarev/Barrett%20REC7/utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTEwNjI0LTAwMTQ4LmpwZw.jpg

Tokarev
09-05-11, 22:23
A recent Farnam quip regarding broken dust covers:

> From: JSFarnam@aol.com
> Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 22:25:32 -0400
> To: dtiquips@clouds.com
> Subject: [Dtiquips] Dust-Covers
>
> 5 Sept 11
>
> Spring-loaded, Ejection-Port Dust-covers on ARs:
>
> At an Urban Rifle Course in Colorado last weekend, a student broke the
> dust-cover on his LWRC gas-piston AR. The entire latch-assembly blew off,
> leaving the dust-cover permanently in the "open" position, with no way to get
> it to stay closed. The rifle was brand-new, and the dust-cover blew at the
> seven-hundred round mark.
>
> Of course, the functionality of the weapon was unaffected, and the student
> went on to finish the Course in otherwise-normal fashion.
>
> I've seen this phenomenon on a number of gas-piston ARs now, and I have to
> believe it is directly related to intense bolt-carrier acceleration
> associated with gas-piston and op-rod, as opposed to the more gentle acceleration
> associated with the conventional Stoner System. I've never seen a
> blown-out dust-cover latch on a conventional AR ("pressurized-receiver" or "
> gas-impingement" system).
>
> If manufacturers insist on retaining spring-loaded dust-covers on
> gas-piston ARs, they will have to:
>
> (1) Alter the camming scallop on the bolt carrier in order to make camming
> action upon rearward bolt movement more gentle,
> (2) Re-design the dust-cover latch in order to make it more substantial,
> or
> (3) Eliminate the dust-cover all together.
>
> Barrett has already taken the first course of action with their
> otherwise-excellent REC7 Rifle. On my copy, this solution has been completely
> successful.
>
> Most manufacturers consider the Stoner-style spring-loaded dust-cover to be
> largely unnecessary with gas-piston rifles, but it has still been
> retained, in most cases for the sake of continuity of appearance, if for no other
> reason.
>
> Gene Stoner deemed it necessary in his original design. The AR, then and
> now, is a "leaky" system. Gas leaks everywhere, because there are plenty
> of places for it to leak. But, sufficient pressure needs to be retained to
> cycle the system, so there are tight-fitting seals in the receiver, in
> place to mitigate gas-leaks. That is what makes the entire system profoundly
> vulnerable to airborne grit, much more so than is the case with most other
> military rifles.
>
> And, the dust-cover is thus there in order to keep grit out, as much as
> possible.
>
> However, the addition of a gas-piston and op-rod makes most of the
> foregoing discussion a moot point! In fact, most other gas-piston military rifles
> don't have a dust-cover of any kind, and never have, because designers
> deem them unnecessary. In addition, the spring-loaded dust-cover found on ARs
> is light, thin, and not particularly robust. Most weapon designers would
> rather not have such a tinny, breakage-prone sub-assembly on their rifle.
>
> In fact, I've been asked by CEOs of many gun-companies if I would like to
> see the dust-cover gone. I always answer, "Yes, of course... unless you
> think it is necessary!"
>
> As I currently teach Urban Rifle Courses, I instruct students to
> assiduously use the dust-cover, closing it at every reasonable opportunity, getting
> into the habit of keeping it closed as much of the time as possible. In
> dusty, gritty environments, using the dust-cover is still probably a good
> idea, and, as long as manufacturers put them on ARs (conventional or
> gas-piston), I'll continue to instruct students to use them, calculating that they
> are there for legitimate reasons- even though that may no longer be true in
> some cases!
>
> /John

duece71
09-06-11, 06:09
How much is the FA version compared to standard SA?? Or are you using an FA lower to try out the piston system?
Broken dust cover, meh, probably dont need it anyway if you are shooting it FA. I hope it isn't sign of things to come.

Tokarev
09-06-11, 06:50
Or are you using an FA lower to try out the piston system?

Just borrowing the lower to test the cyclic rate, etc and to have a little fun.

jbsmwd
09-06-11, 16:59
Uh oh!

Not yet at 1,000 rounds and I've got a broken dust cover....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/tokarev/Barrett%20REC7/utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTEwNjI0LTAwMTQ4LmpwZw.jpg

Does anybody know if the PWS system do this as well?

Tokarev
09-06-11, 20:13
Does anybody know if the PWS system do this as well?

I didn't know this was an issue with piston guns at all. I'm curious to know what Mr. Farnam's seen in his classes.

Tokarev
09-14-11, 20:25
New dust cover installed.

The shooting/testing will resume shortly...

Belmont31R
09-14-11, 21:26
Damn I would be nervous shooting into that pile of rocks behind the target.

Anyways looks like its working out pretty well for you.

Tokarev
09-15-11, 20:37
300 rounds downrange today with a Gemtech HALO mounted. Ammo used was a mix of Golden Tiger 56gr FMJ, Prvi 55gr FMJ and Federal 62gr soft point.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/tokarev/Barrett%20REC7/P1020623.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/tokarev/Barrett%20REC7/P1020622.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/tokarev/Barrett%20REC7/P1020620.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/tokarev/Barrett%20REC7/P1020615.jpg

Tokarev
09-17-11, 17:24
I ran 60 rounds of 55gr Tula, 60 rounds of Prvi 55gr FMJ and 10 rounds of Hornady 55gr Steel Match through the Barrett this morning. I made a point to close the dust cover between most shots to see if the latch assembly would come loose. So far it is as solid as it was when I installed it. Maybe the original busted latch was a fluke after all.

I did have a failure to extract with one round of Tula.

Superhero
01-01-13, 22:41
Any updates on your Rec7?

Tokarev
01-02-13, 04:07
Nothing new to report.