PDA

View Full Version : DTA SRS - Return to Zero Testing

orkan
06-07-11, 16:03
http://www.primalrights.com/forum/article.php?a=3118

In case any of you were wondering if their marketing is true or not. :)

ALCOAR
06-07-11, 17:44

orkan
06-07-11, 19:19
Nice test.

When did the SRS design come out by the way?

Thanks, I'd love to see your results! I know that other rifles experience good return to zero capabilities, but none that can be accomplished as quickly and easily as the SRS. (that I'm aware of) Be sure to post your results up here!

The SRS first came to light about 3yrs ago if memory serves. The early models had a different looking handguard and various other design differences. These new ones with the diagonal slotting in the handguard seem to be very well polished. I had a little bit of creep in my trigger when I first got mine and DTA was very prompt and precise in their service. Great company to deal with. Excellent people, with an excellent product.

ALCOAR
06-07-11, 19:34

orkan
06-07-11, 19:51
One last question what torque value do you torque the STS chassis down to?

...still not a reloader though:(

Thanks for the info pal.

You're quite welcome. :) I'll be putting together the other parts of this review in the coming weeks, to include very detailed pictures (sans skins) and long range reports, as well as multi-caliber RtZ testing and detailed ballistic performance numbers for 308, 300WM, and 338LM.

The torque spec called for in the DTA manual that shipped with my rifle was 68in/lb. However, when I ordered a Seekonk T-handle torque wrench from DTA, a 70in/lb unit is what showed up. I've been using it with a 5mm attachment since then on both the chassis and the DTA 40 MOA mount with great success.

This really is an excellent rifle, and I hope that my mediocre video editing and writing skills can do it justice when I'm all done. :) I had intended to do one massive review, but upon the completion of this test I was too excited to keep my mouth shut. That, and there is simply too much to talk about to put it all in one spurt.

ALCOAR
06-07-11, 21:10

ALCOAR
06-08-11, 22:05

El Mac
06-08-11, 23:56
I think I just got excited about a bolt gun!

cohiba
06-11-11, 17:39
Nice job. These rifles are awesome just for the fact you only need one scope for multi calibers. This is .308. I have the .338LM kit as well. Worth every penny.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b243/conndcj/dtasrs001.jpg