PDA

View Full Version : Vickers Carbine/Pistol Instructor Class

Robert McLeod
06-07-11, 16:21
Larry and I have been discussing this class for a while now and we wanted to gauge the interest and to see what configuration would work out best, for most people.

We are looking at a May/June 2012 time frame; it would be located somewhere in eastern Kansas within 1 to 1 ½ hours of Kansas City International Airport. The exact location is yet to be determined. Also, this will be a LE/Mil restricted class.

Here are a couple of options we are looking at and this is where we would like some input. If you were interested in this class, would you want a combined Carbine/Pistol class ran together, or would you rather have the option of taking either the pistol or the carbine?

If you took both the cost would be $950.00, if you opted to take either the pistol or the carbine, they would be $500.00 each. There would be a block of instruction in night fire also. Larry will determine what night this falls on by how the class will be broken up, or if it is broken up at all.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at the following e-mail address robertemcleod (at) gmail.com

If you would be interested in taking this class please send me an e-mail and I will put you on a contact list and I will get a hold of you as soon as all the details are finalized for the class.

30 cal slut
06-20-11, 07:06
I am supportive of the concept of an LAV instructor class and would attend one (ideally a little closer to home on the east coast).

Training with LAV as a student is one thing.

Actively teaching LAV's method(s), even at a basic level, in my opinion, is HARD, even if you've internalized them.

Teaching at LAV's level is a very high standard to aspire to.

davecmoc
06-21-11, 17:30
ideally a little closer to home on the east coast

I am interested but would also like to see an East Coast class if possible.

C45P312
06-21-11, 17:59
I would be interested in an east coast class as well. But I'm kind of confused. How long will the class be? You're asking about an instructor pistol class, instructor carbine class, and an instructor pistol/carbine class. If the stand-alone classes will be 2 days, won't the combined pistol/carbine classes be 4 days? or will be condensed? After taking this class, will we have the VSM stamp or is that something different? What class did Larry put on for the VSM instructors?

If would be great to aspire to the same teaching level as Larry Vickers, but I neither have the experience nor the resume. Nonetheless, this could be a step in the right direction.

Thanks
-Carlo

Singlestack Wonder
06-23-11, 10:22
If future classes would be open to civies, I would attend (preferably on the eastern side of the U.S.)

Jack Burton
06-24-11, 16:31
I would attend as long as its in the US :) East or west coast doesnt really matter to me. If you guys want to do a westcoast course, I can arrange for hosting the class too.

ROMPER
07-31-11, 01:12
Interested....just need dates set in stone to put in for the time off work..... and Kansas works for me being in the midwest and all.

Romper

sammage
07-31-11, 10:54
Would be very interested in this class, since it's close to me as well. Unfortunately, I'm former .mil, so will just have to wait for a non-restricted class.

seabass03
12-26-11, 14:44
close to me too but no leo

yhmspecter
12-26-11, 20:59
I would be very interested. But I'm not LEO or MIL