PDA

View Full Version : Geissele SSA and pricing and discount codes

Patriotme
06-08-11, 00:00
I'm planning on ordering a Geissele SSA trigger this week and was wondering if anyone knew of any current discount codes for vendors or anyone with really good pricing.
Thanks.

boomhower
06-08-11, 00:04
I bought one last week and struck out finding any deals. Midway is usually good for a $10/100. I couldn't find them advertised anywhere for less than MSRP.

Pappabear
06-08-11, 00:14
I bought a couple from Bravo and my last one from geissele direct. Bravo usually drops in a hat, and geissele gave a hat, stickers....bravo ships very quick. I never found them discounted enough to matter. Do not attempt Botach.

Zzzake
06-08-11, 00:21
Not sure if this helps, but Battlearms Development is doing the combo on Geissele + their selector. If you are in the market for one of those selectors, its pretty good deal. I just purchased the package from them, fast shipping, free shipping :)

Duffy
06-08-11, 08:14
Thanks Z, if you are LE, MIL, firefighter or EMT, with the 10% discount, it brings the SSA + selector bundle to a price akin to us selling our selector at cost ;)

mtdawg169
06-08-11, 15:42
I've owned an SSA and ran it for a short while in my SR15. Ultimately, I went back to my KAC 2-stage because I liked the pull a little better. They were very close in comparison, the KAC was just marginally better and they tend to vary a bit from trigger to trigger. The one I have is one of the better ones I've seen.

Last weekend, I won an SSA-E at the Silencer Shoot ($40 in raffle tix) :) I dropped it into my KAC to try it out. I haven't gotten to the range with it yet, but it is one sweet trigger. It might be too light for my tastes for general use though. I plan to run a few hundred rounds through it to see how I like it in actual use.

With all that being said, I haven't seen much variation in Giessele pricing since the post election insanity settled down. You could always wait until the next silencer shoot and see if you get lucky! ;)

Surf
06-08-11, 15:53
DSG Arms will be carrying them soon at LE/Mil/GSA pricing. I won't mention the pricing but you can contact DSG for anyone that qualifies.

ALCOAR
06-08-11, 16:31

mtdawg169
06-08-11, 19:07
Trident, I've been running an SR15 longer than most and have owned several KAC triggers, all in IWS lowers. I'm aware of the triggers being fitted to each lower. This one was the best of the bunch, which is why I've stuck with it. It once made a trip back to the factory. When they called before shipping it back, the tech even commented on it because it was so nicely set up.

What's the story on the S2S? Is there a discussion on it that I've missed somehow?

ALCOAR
06-08-11, 19:12

EzGoingKev
06-08-11, 19:26
I have an SSA and like it. My Colt wasn't completely terrible but the SSA blows it away.

The stock trigger is Chef Boyardee. The Geissele is a meal prepared by Emeril.

lifebreath
06-08-11, 20:39
I've owned an SSA and ran it for a short while in my SR15. Ultimately, I went back to my KAC 2-stage because I liked the pull a little better. They were very close in comparison, the KAC was just marginally better and they tend to vary a bit from trigger to trigger. The one I have is one of the better ones I've seen.

Last weekend, I won an SSA-E at the Silencer Shoot ($40 in raffle tix) :) I dropped it into my KAC to try it out. I haven't gotten to the range with it yet, but it is one sweet trigger.

I've got an SR-15 with the KAC 2-stage, and two Colts, one with an SSA and the other an SSA-E. The SSA-E is much closer to the KAC than the SSA. I notice a little more creep in the 2nd stage of the KAC, but it's smooth with a very predictable break. I think the reset on the KAC is the best and most controllable, but it really depends on the application.

The SSA is definitely a "combat" or tense situation trigger - you feel the wall at the second stage and need to make a very deliberate effort to shoot. The SSA-E might be a little light for such an application, but is great longer shots or precision placement. The KAC is light, but seems a little more controllable under stress than the SSA-E because of the way the 2nd stage breaks.

I've got the SSA on a HD gun, the SSA-E with an ACOG for longer precision shooting and the KAC is setup for run-and-gun sport shooting. I plan on using one of the GA National Match triggers on a PRS setup I'm building.

...... and no, I don't know of any discount codes. :dirol:

Patriotme
06-13-11, 16:40
I looked around the usual places and everyone seemed to have the same prices on the Geissele triggers. AIM Surplus had free shipping though. Kinda nice.
Midway USA has some of the Geissele triggers and they are currently running a Father's Day Special (they have specials just about every major holiday btw)
Here's the promo codes if you're interested.
161177 ($10 off $100 orders)
261177 ($20 off $200 orders)
361177 ($30 off $300 orders)
561177 ($50 off $500 orders)

I just ordered a SSA trigger. I think I'll try the S2S later in the year on another AR if the reviews stay positive.

bp7178
06-13-11, 17:50
I just bought a SSA-E from Brownells. I usually bounce between them and Midway. If I buy from Midway, I have to pay sales tax. Brownells is in Iowa, so it's not that much further.

I always make it a point to google "Brownells coupon code" or "Midwayusa coupon code". At the very least, you can save enough to cover the cost of shipping.

Most places are at $170 for the SSA.

JLBIII
06-16-11, 07:26
Geissele Automatics does offer a 10% discount to Military and Law Enforcement. Information can be obtained by using the Contact Us feature of our website. Military personnel should use their military email address when replying. Law enforcement will need to send a fax with their department letter on it.

JB

Ovaj
06-16-11, 16:08
Got mine (SSA-E) from ADCO. No discount but super fast shipping and a hat to boot.

O.