PDA

View Full Version : Need a red dot for my DDM4

Wiggity
06-08-11, 02:30
But I don't really want to spend the money for an aimpoint or eotech. Is there a less pricey option out there that isn't crap?

Bradd_D
06-08-11, 02:40
I don't know what your intended use is, but I would recommend picking up an Aimpoint PRO for ~$400. If it was important enough to spemd $1000 on the rifle, then it's important enough to buy a quality optic.

Failure2Stop
06-08-11, 08:35
But I don't really want to spend the money for an aimpoint or eotech. Is there a less pricey option out there that isn't crap?

Iron sights.
But they are a distant second.

The_War_Wagon
06-08-11, 08:58
Have you tried the "search" function yet? Better still, have you tried the Equipment Exchange, for a gently used Aimpoint or EOTech, that are less than the price of a new one? Because anything less, is gonna leave you BROKE and DISAPPOINTED.

Ironbutt
06-08-11, 09:38
This is coming from someone who, over the years, has sought to save money by buying inexpensive optics: DON'T do it!

If you want an RDS, get an Aimpoint or EAOtech.

jhs1969
06-08-11, 09:50

What is your intended use of the carbine?

Wiggity
06-08-11, 11:37
My intended use, for the time being, is having fun with it up in the mountains and popping off prarie dogs. I shoot great with iron sights because that's what I grew up on, I just want to give some sort of red dot a shot.

ucrt
06-08-11, 14:59

I look at the optics as being a part of the gun. You have a nice rifle, it would be a shame to put some Chinese-made junk on it.
Save up, practice with your opens, then get good optics to contribute to the quality and functionality of your gun.

But maybe it's just me...

RojasTKD
06-08-11, 15:31
I understand that some of us are on a budget and can't at the moment spring for a top tier optic. Take a look at Primary Arms line of optics, they are not as bullet proof as an Aimpoint, but should serve you well on a plinker rifle until you can save up for something better.

I have an EOTech 553 on my Colt 6920. I recently picked up a Primary Arms Microdot for a build I put together some time ago. Not being sure if I would like the Aimpoint Micro and being recently out of a job I decided to try the Primary Arms route.

Truns out I like the Micros, but I think in the future I'll be owning a few Aimpoint PROs. The PRO is just the value I can live with.

TOrrock
06-08-11, 18:30
Tacked thread at the top of this page in the forum....

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=77928